God-Man

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
God-Man refers to Jesus having two natures at the same time. The nature of God and the nature of man.

This is very strange because when we speak of the nature of man we are speaking of his KIND or species. We say "mankind".

To speak of Jesus as God-Man is to speak of a different KIND. Mankind has only one nature and if you add another nature you no longer have what is known as manKIND.

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

That passage refers to a time when the saints will have a new nature (divine nature) to replace the old nature (human nature).

The old nature is lustful and sinful. The new nature will be free from that nature.

To say that Jesus has both a divine or Godlike nature and a mankind nature at the same time is to create something new and undefined and could not be related to mankind because mankind are all of the same kind.

A God-Man and another God-Man would be of the same kind.

Gary K

Banned
Jesus was fully God and fully man. He had to be for the Bible makes it plain that He was. Jesus had no human father, but He had a human mother.

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Matthew 1:18 ¶Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
[SIZE=+0]19[/SIZE] Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.
[SIZE=+0]20[/SIZE] But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
[SIZE=+0]21[/SIZE] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
[SIZE=+0]22[/SIZE] Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
[SIZE=+0]23[/SIZE] Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
[SIZE=+0]24[/SIZE] Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
[SIZE=+0]25[/SIZE] And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

We are looking at a miracle here. To think we could understand it is to think we can know and understand everything about God. As finite, fallible human beings that would be the height of arrogance to think we can understand everything that an infinite, omniscient God can do. I, personally, have no problem just accepting this by faith. If God had done something a little shady in this He wouldn't be God, for God cannot lie. When He speaks it is so.

I can't understand this any more than I can understand how God spoke our world into existence. Matter appeared from nothing. But to that I say, So? What else is there to expect from God other than things beyond my technical ability to understand? I'm pretty good with technical things but the mechanisms God uses are so far beyond me I can only bow and say, He is God. His power, knowledge, and goodness are beyond my comprehension.

Hebrews 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

There is a reason salvation is by faith. That reason is because we are incapable of fully understanding that which lies beyond our intellectual power to grasp. And as God has infinite wisdom and intelligence that makes perfect sense. I just have to trust Him. And I can say without any hesitation or trace of deciet that God has proved Himself always trustworthy to me. He has always kept His word to me.

I can't understand how He has changed me, but the number of changes in me over the years is incredible. It has been done by a power that is certainly beyond anything which human beings possess.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God-Man refers to Jesus having two natures at the same time. The nature of God and the nature of man.

This is very strange because when we speak of the nature of man we are speaking of his KIND or species. We say "mankind".

To speak of Jesus as God-Man is to speak of a different KIND. Mankind has only one nature and if you add another nature you no longer have what is known as manKIND.

"Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren..." (Hebrews 2:17)

oatmeal

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

That passage refers to a time when the saints will have a new nature (divine nature) to replace the old nature (human nature).

The old nature is lustful and sinful. The new nature will be free from that nature.

To say that Jesus has both a divine or Godlike nature and a mankind nature at the same time is to create something new and undefined and could not be related to mankind because mankind are all of the same kind.

A God-Man and another God-Man would be of the same kind.

Jesus Christ did not have two natures. He had and has only one.

Jesus Christ is a man in whom God dwelt as in a temple.

Humans have only one nature, human nature.

For a believer, that means being composed of spirit and soul and body,

I Thessalonians 5:23

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Is there a flesh facet to human nature? yes

Is there a soul facet to human nature? yes

Is there a apirit facet to human nature? yes

But all are part of a believer's human nature.

Body and soul are supposed to be subordinate to spirit,

Galatians 5

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Romans 8

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

As far as Jesus the anointed is concerned, he was anointed with pneuma hagion and with power by God, Acts 2:38

This occurred at his baptism by John the B.

Previous to that Jesus was a man of body and soul only, what is referred to as the natural man.

He kept himself pure and perfect by obeying the written logos of God, ie, scripture and by obeying his parents, Joseph, his step father and Mary his biological mother.

When he received spirit from God then God could communicate directly with His son, ie, by revelation.

Until then, Jesus had the written logos to learn and live by, which he did without error.

Luke 2

46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

48 And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.

49 And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?

50 And they understood not the saying which he spake unto them.

51 And he went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but his mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

II Corinthians 5:19 a

19 To wit, that God was in Christ,

It does not say that God was Christ, but that God was in Christ,

Likewise Colossians 2:9

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

It does not say that Jesus is God but that the Godhead dwelt in Jesus the anointed

To have God dwell in you is quite the anointing I must say

And I speak from experience, as should all Christians

Ephesians 3:19

19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

The fulness of God dwells in us.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus Christ did not have two natures. He had and has only one.

Jesus Christ is a man in whom God dwelt as in a temple.

Humans have only one nature, human nature.
Yours is a fake Jesus.

The real Jesus is God in the flesh (John 1:1 and John 1:14, among others).

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Spirit, soul and body are a unit.

I believe spirit in the above verse is speaking of mind. Soul is life, and body is the image.

Man is created in the image of God. The man became a living soul when God breathed the spirit of life into the man. The image of God as a living soul, made living by the spirit of life, is what a mortal living man is.
The image of God as a living soul, made alive again by the Spirit of God, is what an immortal spirit living man is.

Right Divider

Body part

I believe spirit in the above verse is speaking of mind. Soul is life, and body is the image.

Man is created in the image of God. The man became a living soul when God breathed the spirit of life into the man. The image of God as a living soul, made living by the spirit of life, is what a mortal living man is.
The image of God as a living soul, made alive again by the Spirit of God, is what an immortal spirit living man is.
This seems rather confused. You say that "body is the image" but also that "Man is created in the image of God". Man is not created in "the body of God", as that would seem to say.

They (spirit, soul and body) are a "unit" only while the man/woman is living in the body. When someone dies, they are separated from their body.

oatmeal

Yours is a fake Jesus.

Well, God is not a man God is God.

Man is man.

John 8:31 says that "if you continue in my word" Word being the Greek word "logos"

What is Jesus referring to as "my logos" who or what is Jesus' logos?

Seems to me that according to your interpretation of John 1:1,14 Jesus is calling himself, "my logos"

or since you believe "logos = Jesus " you could say Jesus is saying "my Jesus" or even "my me"

Since "logos" is translated word, why is it that you cannot see that word means exactly that? Word!

Not a person, but a message, a coherent collection of thoughts expressed in words?

If you continue in my message, then you are my disciples indeed.

If a listener of Jesus' words did not ccontinue, to abide to dwell in Jesus words how can that person be a disciple?

You have missed the central and most basic meaning of the word logos, either by ignorance or wrong teaching

oatmeal

Well, God gave to us of his spirit. I John 4:13

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

The mind is a function of the soul. without soul, there is no mind.

Psalm 6:5

For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Ecclesiastes 9

4 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

When a person dies, ie, the soul perishes, the mind ceases to function

However, we have the gift of eternal life which is spiritual in nature.

God is eternal and God has given to us of his spirit

oatmeal

This seems rather confused. You say that "body is the image" but also that "Man is created in the image of God". Man is not created in "the body of God", as that would seem to say.

They (spirit, soul and body) are a "unit" only while the man/woman is living in the body. When someone dies, they are separated from their body.

Any verses as evidence for your conclusions?

Right Divider

Body part
Well, God is not a man God is God.

Man is man.
You can play games all that you want. The Bible says that Jesus is God in the flesh.

John 8:31 says that "if you continue in my word" Word being the Greek word "logos"

What is Jesus referring to as "my logos" who or what is Jesus' logos?

Seems to me that according to your interpretation of John 1:1,14 Jesus is calling himself, "my logos"

or since you believe "logos = Jesus " you could say Jesus is saying "my Jesus" or even "my me"

Since "logos" is translated word, why is it that you cannot see that word means exactly that? Word!

Not a person, but a message, a coherent collection of thoughts expressed in words?

If you continue in my message, then you are my disciples indeed.

If a listener of Jesus' words did not ccontinue, to abide to dwell in Jesus words how can that person be a disciple?

You have missed the central and most basic meaning of the word logos, either by ignorance or wrong teaching
No, I have not.... but you have...
The Word was God... the Word was made flesh (John 1:1, John 1:14).

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Yours is a fake Jesus.

He is God in the sense that he says "I am come in my Father's name". His Father's name is YHWH. Therefore Jesus is called YHWH and God (Elohim).

John 1:1 is speaking of God's son of whom God thought to give all things into his hand.

Logos means something said which includes the thought and reasoning.

Jesus is God's words, God's thought and God's reasoning. Jesus is therefore called The Word of God.

God's words, thoughts and reasoning were made or made manifest in human mortal flesh when Jesus was born of a woman.

In the beginning God spoke His thoughts and reasoning. All things were created by Him. When Jesus becomes God's words and thoughts and reasoning then Jesus is attributed all of God's creation.

When God created Light, He had in mind His son who is called "The Sun of Righteousness" The one who brings Light into the darkness of this world and through whom God's righteousness by faith comes into the world.

There is no need whatsoever to invent a dual nature being. After people accept such an absurd idea they start saying things like "Jesus was praying to his Father from his human nature not his God nature". And "Jesus has a God by being a man, but does not have a God by being God".

Right Divider

Body part
He is God in the sense that he says "I am come in my Father's name". His Father's name is YHWH. Therefore Jesus is called YHWH and God (Elohim).
No, Jesus is God in the sense that He was always God... even before He took upon Himself human flesh.

John 1:1 is speaking of God's son of whom God thought to give all things into his hand.
Do the dance...

Logos means something said which includes the thought and reasoning.
Are you completely unfamiliar with figures of speech? Symbolism? etc. etc. etc.

Jesus is God's words, God's thought and God's reasoning. Jesus is therefore called The Word of God.
That is most certainly NOT what John was saying. John says that "the Word was God". It's totally clear and unambiguous.

God's words, thoughts and reasoning were made human mortal flesh when Jesus was born of a woman.
Jesus is the Word that was God and NOT "God's wordS".

In the beginning God spoke His thoughts and reasoning. All things were created by Him. When Jesus becomes God's words and thoughts and reasoning then Jesus is attributed all of God's creation.
Jesus did NOT "become God's words", Jesus was and is the Word that was God.

When God created Light, He had in mind His son who is called "The Sun of Righteousness" The one who brings Light into the darkness of this world and through whom God's righteousness by faith comes into the world.
The Word was God.

There is no need whatsoever to invent a dual nature being. After people accept such an absurd idea they start saying things like "Jesus was praying to his Father from his human nature not his God nature". And "Jesus has a God by being a man, but does not have a God by being God".
There is no invention, just believing the Bible when it says that the Word was God and the Word was made flesh.

oatmeal

You can play games all that you want. The Bible says that Jesus is God in the flesh.

No, I have not.... but you have...
The Word was God... the Word was made flesh (John 1:1, John 1:14).

IF you think God's logos is a game, you need to a check up from the neck up.

The word "was" God?

But not anymore, after all was is past tense.

Is your word of God in pictures or in words?

Logos is literally speaking of a message with an intent.

If you cannot fathom that, it is no wonder you confuse the son of God with God himself

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
No, Jesus is God in the sense that He was always God... even before He took upon Himself human flesh.

"Eternally begotten" is a contradiction in itself. Eternal means to have no beginning or end of life. And begotten means to have been born. Jesus is NOT the eternally begotten son of God BUT the only begotten son of God. HUGE difference!

Are you completely unfamiliar with figures of speech? Symbolism? etc. etc. etc.

Nope.

That is most certainly NOT what John was saying. John says that "the Word was God". It's totally clear and unambiguous.

The Greek is Logos, and it is used over 300 times in the N.T. It means something said, including the thought and reasoning.

Jesus is the Word that was God and NOT "God's wordS".

The singular is used because Jesus' name is called The Word of God. Even though Jesus claims to have spoken the WORDS of his Father and not his own WORDS.

Jesus did NOT "become God's words", Jesus was and is the Word that was God.

"His name is called the Word of God"

The Word was God.

And Jesus is the Word by taking on the name "The Word of God.

There is no invention, just believing the Bible when it says that the Word was God and the Word was made flesh.

Jesus having two natures is nowhere mentioned in Scripture. The idea was put into Scripture. And as a result people go around making absurd comments that split Jesus into a dual personality.

Right Divider

Body part
"Eternally begotten" is a contradiction in itself. Eternal means to have no beginning or end of life.
The Word that was God was not begotten at all.

And begotten means to have been born. Jesus is NOT the eternally begotten son of God BUT the only begotten son of God. HUGE difference!
Does your Bible have the book of John?

It would seem so.

Jesus said that He was the door. Do you think that He is made of wood?

The Greek is Logos, and it is used over 300 times in the N.T. It means something said, including the thought and reasoning.
So you really do NOT understand figures of speech, symbolism, etc. etc. etc.

The singular is used because Jesus' name is called The Word of God. Even though Jesus claims to have spoken the WORDS of his Father and not his own WORDS.
Not in John 1 it's not. John says "the Word was God" and NOT that He is simply "called the word of God".

"His name is called the Word of God"
Indeed, it is. Not the WORDS either.

And Jesus is the Word by taking on the name "The Word of God.
That's not what John says. Does you Bible have the book of John?

Jesus having two natures is nowhere mentioned in Scripture. The idea was put into Scripture. And as a result people go around making absurd comments that split Jesus into a dual personality.
Of course it does... you just ignore it.

And NO the doctrine of the trinity does NOT say that Jesus has a dual personality. That is just more lying from you.

Right Divider

Body part
IF you think God's logos is a game, you need to a check up from the neck up.
No, I think that you are a game player trying to sabotage the Bible.

The word "was" God?
Does your Bible not have the book of John?
Joh 1:1 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

But not anymore, after all was is past tense.
More "word games" from the great pontificator.

"Was" does NOT ipso facto mean "not continuing".

Is your word of God in pictures or in words?
More games :juggle:

Logos is literally speaking of a message with an intent.
It depends on the context and how it's used.

If you cannot fathom that, it is no wonder you confuse the son of God with God himself
:blabla:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him..."
(Acts 2:22)

The Father of Jesus did the miracles, etc.