God is Jesus vs. Jesus is God

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

GOD in the OT did not cease being GOD in the NT.
The NT clearly shows that the Father and the Son are distinct person that interact with one another.

Notice that what you said has NOTHING to do with what I said.

Notice that what you said is ridiculous.

Why do you think God in the Old was not God in the New?!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Notice that what you said has NOTHING to do with what I said.

Notice that what you said is ridiculous.

Why do you think God in the Old was not God in the New?!
Having trouble with reading comprehension again, GT?
I am the one that just said GOD in the OT did not cease being GOD in the NT, which means the Father did not cease being the Father in the NT, not did the Son cease being the Son in the NT.
And the NT clearly, CLEARLY, shows that the Father and the Son were 2 distinct persons that interacted with each other as distinct persons.

God's Truth

Having trouble with reading comprehension again, GT?
I am the one that just said GOD in the OT did not cease being GOD in the NT, which means the Father did not cease being the Father in the NT, not did the Son cease being the Son in the NT.
And the NT clearly, CLEARLY, shows that the Father and the Son were 2 distinct persons that interacted with each other as distinct persons.

Still waiting for you to PLAINLY tell me who was speaking in the Old Testament.

Is it the Father? Yes or no.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Still waiting for you to PLAINLY tell me who was speaking in the Old Testament.

Is it the Father? Yes or no.
hehe!
You still don't see the folly of your question, do you?
The Father and the Son are revealed as 2 distinct persons interacting with each other.
The distinct person (the Father) and the distinct person (the Son) in the NT are not different persons than they were in the OT.

God's Truth

Jesus is revealed in every book of the Old Testament. Better get out that Book and study.

2 Timothy 2:15King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

:poly:

That is not being debating by anyone here.

God's Truth

hehe!
You still don't see the folly of your question, do you?
The Father and the Son are revealed as 2 distinct persons interacting with each other.
The distinct person (the Father) and the distinct person (the Son) in the NT are not different persons than they were in the OT.

The Son was NOT revealed in the Old Testament. That means the FATHER was speaking in the Old Testament.

Now try again.

Who was speaking in the Old Testament?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Son was NOT revealed in the Old Testament.
Surely you are not trying to say the Son was not a person in the OT, are you?
That would be foolishness.

John 17
(5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

A distinct person, the Father, interacts with another distinct person, the Son.

God's Truth

John 17
(5) And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Who was speaking in the Old Testament? Just answer plainly.
Was it God the Father, or the Son?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Anyone following this must be able to see that Tambora is not answering plainly. Why not?

Anyone can see that you are trying to avoid what is CLEARLY revealed in the NT that the Son has always existed with the Father, and that the Father and the Son have interacted with each other even before the world began and they continued to interact with each other even in the NT.
Your insistence on going strictly to the OT is not going to help your case, GT, as the OT cannot dispute the NT.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

John 17

I just posted SCRIPTURE, GT.
SCRIPTURE includes OT and NT together, not separate.
Scripture does not contradict scripture.
In the above scripture it is CLEAR that the distinct person (the Son) is speaking to another distinct person (the Father), and the 2 distinct persons have always interacted with each other.

2003cobra

A mirror?

Tell me this, when you see Jesus one day, are you going to wonder when you will see the Father?

Perhaps Hebrews 1 will help:

Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also created the worlds. 3 He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word.

If He is God’s reflection, “mirror” is not an unreasonable term.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Anyone can see that you are trying to avoid what is CLEARLY revealed in the NT that the Son has always existed with the Father, and that the Father and the Son have interacted with each other even before the world began and they continued to interact with each other even in the NT.
Your insistence on going strictly to the OT is not going to help your case, GT, as the OT cannot dispute the NT.

Always existed with?

I can go as far as agreeing with your earlier post that all through the scriptures they existed together.

But to assert that they always existed together begs the question, "Where were you when I?"

God's Truth

Who was said to be speaking in the Old Testament? I can ask it in any way I can to appease you.

Now please just answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.