God is Jesus vs. Jesus is God

Status
Not open for further replies.

2003cobra

That is only half the mystery.

The rest was Christ in you.

That passage could relate to that when you see the full import of what Paul is saying about the mystery.

The reason I asked was in hopes that you or BR could shed some light on that in answering my query.
Thanks.

I hope BR clarifies.

Gary K

Banned
I don't know that I have a problem with the statement in the OP. Here's why. God the Father is God. God the Holy Spirit is God. God the Son is God. Now from that can we logically say that God is the Father? Yes. Can we say God is the Holy Spirit? Yes. Then what is the problem with saying God is Jesus? Remember, Jesus has a dual nature. He is both completely human and completely divine.

I can see where a non-Trinitarian would balk at the above, but not a believer in the Trinity. God is all three: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. And all three, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are God. It's part of the mystery we find as finite beings dealing with an infinite God. If all aspects of God were within our intellectual grasp then God would not be infinite.

keypurr

I do believe that.

I do not believe Jesus is a created being.

I believe Jesus created the heavens and the earth in 6 days.

I believe Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath.

I do not believe that that when Jesus prayed to have this cup pass from him, he was praying to Himself.

Again, “Try to define the Trinity and you’ll lose your mind. Deny it and you’ll lose your soul.”
Jesus was born to Mary that makes him a creation like all humans.

You assume the son at the creation is Jesus, your wrong.

Jesus is not the logos. The logos is the express image son of the most high, not Jesus.

Jesus is the sacrifice, the Lamb of God. A human that was given the logos.

The Trinity is a pagan fable.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

keypurr

That is only half the mystery.

The rest was Christ in you.

That passage could relate to that when you see the full import of what Paul is saying about the mystery.

The reason I asked was in hopes that you or BR could shed some light on that in answering my query.
Light will not come from people who are in darkness.

2003cobra

I don't know that I have a problem with the statement in the OP. Here's why. God the Father is God. God the Holy Spirit is God. God the Son is God. Now from that can we logically say that God is the Father? Yes. Can we say God is the Holy Spirit? Yes. Then what is the problem with saying God is Jesus? Remember, Jesus has a dual nature. He is both completely human and completely divine.

I can see where a non-Trinitarian would balk at the above, but not a believer in the Trinity. God is all three: Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. And all three, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are God. It's part of the mystery we find as finite beings dealing with an infinite God. If all aspects of God were within our intellectual grasp then God would not be infinite.

Thanks for the comments

I do think there is some difficulty in measuring this, as you wrote, “logically.”

To me, the idea that we can logically define God is more than we should expect. I doubt we have the knowledge and capacity, and I don’t think that it is wise.

drbrumley

Jesus was born to Mary that makes him a creation like all humans.

You assume the son at the creation is Jesus, your wrong.

Jesus is not the logos. The logos is the express image son of the most high, not Jesus.

Jesus is the sacrifice, the Lamb of God. A human that was given the logos.

The Trinity is a pagan fable.

In the words of your partner in crime, [MENTION=5582]Jacob[/MENTION], you're wrong.

keypurr

In the words of your partner in crime, [MENTION=5582]Jacob[/MENTION], you're wrong.

If Jesus was not human he died for nothing. All humans are created creatures. The son at the creation was far from being human, he was a spirit like his creator is, for it/he is an image. All images are creations. Col 1:15 tells you that he is a creature KJV

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

That didn't answer the question.

Yep, it did. All humans are creations. Answered fully?
The point being that Jesus is not God, he was created by God.
He had to be human to be the Lamb. So there is more to Jesus than most see.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.