ECT God’s grace, plus the believer’s part: enduring faith, works, obedience!

HisServant

Do be so presumptuous. A workman is worthy of his hire. He has to "eat" too.

And Paul addressed this... they are to work in the secular word for their physical needs.

He implored anyone that wanted to get in the ministry to model him (he worked as a tent maker for his needs).

Paid clergy is a remnant of Roman Catholicism.

When scripture talks about double honor... that word has its roots in the modern day equivalent of 'honorarium'. Which basically means, we are to tip good pastors if the do a good job. But at no time should they get a salary and benefits. The leadership of the local church was accomplished through a group of elders, so that the work could be distributed and not be a burden on a single individual.

Cross Reference

And Paul addressed this... they are to work in the secular word for their physical needs.

He implored anyone that wanted to get in the ministry to model him (he worked as a tent maker for his needs).

Paid clergy is a remnant of Roman Catholicism.

When scripture talks about double honor... that word has its roots in the modern day equivalent of 'honorarium'. Which basically means, we are to tip good pastors if the do a good job. But at no time should they get a salary and benefits. The leadership of the local church was accomplished through a group of elders, so that the work could be distributed and not be a burden on a single individual.

I really don't have a problem with any of that. My son has a family. He is a plumber. He is also a pastor. He recieves a *stipend from the church he pioneered [offered him] to help offset [varied] expenses incurred in serving his sheep. What I do have a problem with is your blanket statements.

*a small sum given him after 2-3 years of serving as "chief cook and bottle washer"..