ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

God's Truth

So now you are equating "repented" with cleaning ordinances that you say were nailed to the cross???
You will turn the word "repented" into just about anything to force into your perverted theology, won't ya?
While you reject what the word actually means.

John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus.

Luke 16:16 "The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

God's Truth

What the biblical definition of the word 'repented', GT?
:popcorn:

You must of missed where I posted this before.

Here are some words from the ascended Christ:

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus

Revelation 2:5 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place-- unless you repent.

Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.
21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.

11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
YOU are not the one sent into the world to save yourself by your obedience and righteousness.
The Son was sent, and it is by His obedience and righteousness that anyone is saved.

Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That one still ain't you, GT.

What is a Last Will and Testament?
More distraction and avoidance.
Concede that the one is not you and any of your obedience or righteousness, GT.
None, nada, zip.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You must of missed where I posted this before.
Filler.
Just answer the question, GT.
What is the biblical definition of the word 'repented'?
Are you still claiming that "repented" means "stopped sinning"???? ..... or have you repented of that error of yours?

God's Truth

Didn't work for you did it? You're still repenting and trying to obey.

I believed Paul's Gospel, and I'm saved. :banana:

Jesus' words are true. I trust everything that Jesus says.

If you, and unless...

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

God's Truth

Filler.
Just answer the question, GT.
What is the biblical definition of the word 'repented'?
Are you still claiming that "repented" means "stopped sinning"???? ..... or have you repented of that error of yours?

Just believe what is written.

What s written?

Repent of your sins or perish.

glorydaz

Jesus' words are true. I trust everything that Jesus says.

If you, and unless...

…unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 5:32.

…unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven; Matthew 18:3.

…unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart; Matthew 18:35.

…unless you repent, you too will all perish; Luke 13:3.

… unless they are born of water and the Spirit; John 3:5.

Unless I wash you, you have no part with me; John 13:8.

…unless it dies; 1 Corinthians 15:36.

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

Yep, all those UNLESS's and IF's are LAW...not Grace. The only verse you list that is NOT the law is the one in Cor., and that is talking about death and resurrection of the body.

All that law is supposed to lead you to faith in Christ Jesus.

Instead, it's just keeping you under bondage, where you will find no rest for your soul. :nono:

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.​

Danoh

Of course I proved it with scripture.

I can post scripture for everything I believe.

I am glad that you see that, then maybe you will give it more thought before going against me without merit.

Did you ever think that I could be right about everything I say about the Bible, and you just don't want to let go what your choice teachers have said?

You got that going for you, for sure, the fact that it bothers you to see how people with your beliefs treat me and others here.

I just wish you would consider more carefully what I say and the two of us debate.

One, I came to the basics of the Mid-Acts I hold to on my own, through time in Scripture.

I found out others held similar views over a year and a half after I came to said basics.

So no, you're off - I was not taught it but by the Scripture itself.

That first year and a half, I was not even attending an assembly; I basically set out to sort out from Scripture itself, what study principles It might teach me.

As I have ever been curious about the principles behind one thing or another in life, as such are ever a key to objective perception of one thing or another in all areas of life.

Two, I still recall how every now and then, I would run into one person or another obviously more than very well acquainted with the Bible.

For we would compare verse with verse right there with our open Bibles and we'd each find the other more than able to do that with Scripture - throughout the Scripture.

One time I sat at a park bench all afternoon with and old Jewish Rabbi; going back and forth; each comparing our understanding of Ezekiel with one another.

And so on with other people, on those rare occasions where I might run into such equally rare individuals.

Which is how I eventually ran into someone who it turned out held views similar to mine, which they referred to as "The Mystery."

Lol - I soon surpassed them in their understanding; they proved not too happy about that - as if this is all some sort of a competition for such. :chuckle:

In short, GT, just because I can clearly see where someone stands out as someone who obviously knows their Bible really well, thst does not automatically mean I agree with the obviously different study approach their assertions point back to.

You'll note I often ignore your posts, whether to me or not.

Frankly, I see no point in addressing your views much.

Your study approach is obviously off, and you are just as obviously more than married to it.

So I choose instead to compliment or agree with you where I find it warranted.

And to defend you where those on here who should know a thing or two about this gospel of the GRACE of God they are ever going on about in word only, should practice what they preach towards those they conclude are without.

You take this how you need to, GT; I am fine with that.

In remembrance of Rom. 5: 6-8 - in each our stead.

God's Truth

Yep, all those UNLESS's and IF's are LAW...not Grace.

Jesus IS FULL OF GRACE and came with grace.

Don't you know those scriptures?

The only verse you list that is NOT the law is the one in Cor., and that is talking about death and resurrection of the body.
Paul taught the same thing. There is only one powerful saving gospel, and Jesus Christ taught it.

Instead, it's just keeping you under bondage, where you will find no rest for your soul. :nono:

It is a good bondage to obey Jesus.

glorydaz

Jesus IS FULL OF GRACE and came with grace.

Don't you know those scriptures?

Paul taught the same thing. There is only one powerful saving gospel, and Jesus Christ taught it.

It is a good bondage to obey Jesus.

His Grace came with His BLOOD.....faith in HIS BLOOD. Get it?

You can't seem to understand there is a Gospel of Grace.

It's as if it doesn't exist. :kookoo:

God's Truth

His Grace came with His BLOOD.....faith in HIS BLOOD. Get it?

You can't seem to understand there is a Gospel of Grace.

It's as if it doesn't exist. :kookoo:

Do you know what a Last Will and Testament is?

A person writes the will and testament while they are still ALIVE.

Then they die.

Jesus came to earth and gave all the rules and guidelines for his testament, God's last testament/covenant, and then Jesus died.

What don't YOU GET THAT Jesus TELLS us, when he was alive, who it is that will inherit, and what they inherit.

glorydaz

Do you know what a Last Will and Testament is?

A person writes the will and testament while they are still ALIVE.

Then they die.

Jesus came to earth and gave all the rules and guidelines for his testament, God's last testament/covenant, and then Jesus died.

What don't YOU GET THAT Jesus TELLS us, when he was alive, who it is that will inherit, and what they inherit.

Too bad for you, then, because you'll have to wait until Jesus returns to set up His Kingdom on earth.

I'm living according to the revelation of the mystery the ASCENDED LORD gave to Paul, which could only be given AFTER HE SHED HIS BLOOD. His blood is that Grace we access through faith. That's why I'm a member of the body of Christ, and you aren't.

God's Truth

Too bad for you, then, because you'll have to wait until Jesus returns to set up His Kingdom on earth.

I'm living according to the revelation of the mystery the ASCENDED LORD gave to Paul, which could only be given AFTER HE SHED HIS BLOOD. His blood is that Grace we access through faith. That's why I'm a member of the body of Christ, and you aren't.

So that is your explanation to what a Last Will and Testament is?

You guys are stumped.

popsthebuilder

So now you are equating "repented" with cleaning ordinances that you say were nailed to the cross???
You will turn the word "repented" into just about anything to force into your perverted theology, won't ya?
While you reject what the word actually means.
She understands that the word means turn and or stop.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Yep, all those UNLESS's and IF's are LAW...not Grace. The only verse you list that is NOT the law is the one in Cor., and that is talking about death and resurrection of the body.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.​
Nonsense.

The comforter comes and makes HIS abode within those who are saved by faith in the effectual working of the Christ; those who have heard and do believe and stop/ turn from the work of their hands.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited: