Fast Food workers protest and demand more money.

whitestone

fryolator timer just dinged?

sshot-1_007.png

lol,good one,in times past I did run several D.Q.'s but sold them years ago(but I do remember the sounds!),,,

rexlunae

in my example, the worker banked 6k

snap benefits (in nys) are around $180/month, i believe

that's $2160/year

the worker will still be able to bank $3840

and live

In your example, they were living with two other people, had no kids, and I believe SNAP is considered welfare. So, really, we're subsidizing the low wages, and its still a pretty unpleasant way to live.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
In your example, they were living with two other people, had no kids, and I believe SNAP is considered welfare. So, really, we're subsidizing the low wages, and its still a pretty unpleasant way to live.

so let them do the jobs only illegal immigrants are willing to do - agriculture and other dirty, hot, difficult jobs

they're indoors where it's dry and warm in the winter and air conditioned in the summer

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
we're talking about fast food workers, right?

indoors, under a roof - no rain, no blazing sun

heated in the winter, air conditioned in the summer

whitestone

I found this digging around,I started doing this back when we were discussing welfare and the idea hit me to see what city,county ect. jobs paid (jobs we consider important in our society) this is from Seattle Washington http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022593264_minimumwagexml.html the idea is that at least 600 employees who work for the city (don't make) 15.00 an hr. so they, if they are married and have children would qualify for food stamps.

Now the gap up to the 15.00x40hrs/wk.=600.00x 4=2,400.00 mark still would have a married couple with 2 children able to qualify for food stamps. the reasoning for this is because of the county where they live. Meaning if they made the same 10-15.00hr. but lived in a less populated county where rent,bills ect. were less then they might not. The way the gov. determines qualification is total assets,, so if you own your home or rent makes a difference plus cars you own bills you pay ect.,,,

the just of it is that it is shocking to research how many city,county,state,govt. employees are on welfare!!!,,,,,,so I don't think the average John's and Jane's will ever have hope of having support of a livable wage,,that is the government,states,cities,and counties would need realize they have employees on food stamps first.

whitestone

Here's from Pasadena Texas,s.e.of Houston who currently begin at 7.25 http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/pasa...cle_8314a980-e8f4-562c-8569-5d42eabb34b8.html again it's odd to find city state county employees who qualify for welfare in addition to the Montgomery county sheriffs dept. who have deputies on food stamps.,,,,(bear in mind all these jobs I'm posting require deploma/ged and some e.g.college to be hired)! so we would not consider these to be "deadbeats",,,

PureX

No one is applauding you parochial dipstick!
Whine to God! We get our lives from Him.
Of course they are applauding; every time they vote for a candidate that promises to make life even tougher for those among us who already have the least, so that life will be even easier for those who already have the most. And we all know who those candidates are.

The Berean

so let them do the jobs only illegal immigrants are willing to do - agriculture and other dirty, hot, difficult jobs

they're indoors where it's dry and warm in the winter and air conditioned in the summer

Ah...memories of my very first job at age 13 back in 1982. I was paid $2.50/hr plus $0.50/box working 6 days a week, 8-10 hours a day.

Farm-Workers%20jpg.jpg

migrant_workers_farm.jpg

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Of course they are applauding; every time they vote for a candidate that promises to make life even tougher for those among us who already have the least, so that life will be even easier for those who already have the most. And we all know who those candidates are.

All the ones with the "R'"s and "D's" by their names! :DK:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah...memories of my very first job at age 13 back in 1982. I was paid $2.50/hr plus $0.50/box working 6 days a week, 8-10 hours a day.

Farm-Workers%20jpg.jpg

migrant_workers_farm.jpg
oh... strawberries. I hate them.

Give me apples any day. I can fill a crate in 3 hours.

whitestone

I hate to admit it but the links I was posting was because I was dumbstruck about how much they actually made. I always assumed city,state,govt. employees made real good money compared to the average worker.

I was talking to my mailman a month or so ago and he explained to me that the gov. contractors they were referring to were types of jobs like he had, he has a contract to del. the mail in his own truck he's been doing it for years so I guess he makes more than 10.10,but I always assumed the post office paid real good compared with others.

It makes me feel out of touch,I began to work when I was 13 but by the time I was in my early 30's I have never had another job so reading through what you all post and researching it online is eyeopening to me(I notice the things I linked are not of a shock to any of you),,it makes me feel ashamed seeing how hard of a time people are having now days,,anyway I wasn't posting the links as if I was arguing I thought it was "new news",,,