• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Evolutionists: How did legs evolve?

Greg Jennings

I never feel bad when an atheist calls me dumb.

You never showed where the Bible says what you said that it did. Lame.
Dodge count: 6

Again, Isaiah 40:22
"It was made by the one who sits on his throne above the earth and beyond the sky; the people below look as tiny as ants. He stretched out the sky like a curtain, like a tent in which to live."
No matter which translation you use, I am correct

Why did the fields of biology and geology once believe as you did, then REJECT your theory after centuries of gathering evidence

Greg Jennings

Why was sacrifice necessary? (DODGE 7?... your dodge count thing is silly). I screw up some times but my wife doesn't demand a sacrifice. As I said before, people who reject Genesis, the foundation to the Gospel do not seem to understand from scripture why Jesus went to the cross. See 1 Cor. 15.... Hebrews 9...Romans 5

Scripture tells us that last Adam, Jesus, was necessary because of first Adam.

I'm not dodging your questions. And everybody following along can see that. I keep a dodge count to show everyone how dishonest many of YECs are: you won't answer hard questions

Go ahead and explain to me in detail why you believe a first Adam necessitates Jesus' sacrifice.

Greg Jennings

Sorry I get you unbelievers confused. Your belief system is vague and ungrounded upon anything but your "faith" in scientism.

You use words like scientism. Do you think you sound smart?

Imma ask you this, even though we all know you'll dodge bc you're dishonest:
Have you ever been inside of a university science building OR scientific institute at any point in your life? You claim to know science, then show us you've been around it

Right Divider

Body part
You use words like scientism. Do you think you sound smart?
Nope, just telling the truth.

Imma ask you this, even though we all know you'll dodge bc you're dishonest:
Have you ever been inside of a university science building OR scientific institute at any point in your life? You claim to know science, then show us you've been around it
Irrelevant, but thanks for playing your game.

Right Divider

Body part
Dodge count: 7

Why did all of biology and geology once believe as you do, then REJECT your theory after centuries of gathering evidence?

Why is Isaiah allegorical but Genesis not, genius?
Because Genesis does not use allegorical language in describing the 6 day creation. Wow, that was hard.

Unless you think that Israelite's were to work for 600 million years before they get a day off.

Exod 20:9-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (20:10) But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: (20:11) For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Pretty easy to understand.

6days

Greg Jennings said:
I'm not dodging your questions.
Oh... ok, it just seems like it.

Greg Jennings said:
I keep a dodge count to show everyone how dishonest many of YECs are: you won't answer hard questions
Your questions are not hard Greg. Perhaps you just aren't getting the answers you hope for.

Greg Jennings said:
Go ahead and explain to me in detail why you believe a first Adam necessitates Jesus' sacrifice.

1 Cor. 15:21 "So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man. 22 Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life."

1Cor. 15:45 "The Scriptures tell us, "The first man, Adam, became a living person." But the last Adam--that is, Christ--is a life-giving Spirit.

I gave you 3 chapters of Scripture which are a start to understanding the Gospel.

The very first death in Scripture is when God slain an innocent animal (lamb?) to provide covering for Adam and Eve. Shed blood was then required as a covering for sin. This was a temporary solution since animals can not be our mediator. But, from first Adam until Christ returns we know that, "without shedding of blood is no remission." HEB. 9:22

THE chapters I suggested you read, explain physical death is a result of sin of first Adam. The punishment of death and sepration from God could only be overcome by God Himself taking on flesh as Last Adam. Jesus lived a pure sinless life... first Adam didn't. Jesus defeated physical death with the resurrection. We can accept Him as our Mediator and Savior. "For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus." 1 Tim. 2:5

Greg Jennings "Why did all of geology/biology once believe as you do, then REJECT your theory after centuries of gathering evidence?"

Greg is then challenged, and changes his tune a bit hoping no one notices

Greg Jennings "Do you deny that the overwhelming majority of geologists and biologists once believed"

Do you have some survey results Greg? As I said, I think you need brush up on your history. Old earth beliefs were fairly entrenched amongst agnostic geologists in Darwin's time.

In any case, we are fortunate that science is not determined by " the overwhelming majority", or we still might believe in uphill evolution. Oh... what?? YOU STILL BELIEVE GOO TO YOU? :)

6days

Greg Jennings said:
I can't even tell you what a VDSM is.
It is called VSDM. It is in the abstract in long form, then the abbreviation in the article.

Read the abstract again and he is writing about "very slightly deleterious mutations."

Greg Jennings said:
Hell it doesn't even say VDSM anywhere.
Me thinks you are frustrated and dodging.

Greg Jennings said:
And no, that was never the question we were discussing.
Yes... it was the question. You suggested you could dissect creationist answers involving genetics... but you don't seem to know even some basics. The question I asked was simple.... and there is a simple answer.

The question was "How can natural selection, simultaneously select and remove 100 VSDM's per person, per generation in a population with a birth rate of about 2? And... I asked if you could answer from science and not answer with beliefs.

Greg Jennings said:
TO ALL OF YOU CREATIONISTS: check your buddies' links. Do not just blindly accept the quotes given. 6 has a history of quote-mining and re-inserting
:)

Greg Jennings

Because Genesis does not use allegorical language in describing the 6 day creation. Wow, that was hard.

Unless you think that Israelite's were to work for 600 million years before they get a day off.

Exod 20:9-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(20:9) Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: (20:10) But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: (20:11) For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Pretty easy to understand.
Dodge count: 8

There are two different creations in Genesis. They don't line up. They contradict each other. Does this bother you?

Why did all of biology and geology once believe as you do, then REJECTED your theory after gathering evidence over hundreds of years? Why are you too cowardly to answer this?

Greg Jennings

Oh... ok, it just seems like it.

Your questions are not hard Greg. Perhaps you just aren't getting the answers you hope for.

1 Cor. 15:21 "So you see, just as death came into the world through a man, now the resurrection from the dead has begun through another man. 22 Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life."

1Cor. 15:45 "The Scriptures tell us, "The first man, Adam, became a living person." But the last Adam--that is, Christ--is a life-giving Spirit.

I gave you 3 chapters of Scripture which are a start to understanding the Gospel.

The very first death in Scripture is when God slain an innocent animal (lamb?) to provide covering for Adam and Eve. Shed blood was then required as a covering for sin. This was a temporary solution since animals can not be our mediator. But, from first Adam until Christ returns we know that, "without shedding of blood is no remission." HEB. 9:22

THE chapters I suggested you read, explain physical death is a result of sin of first Adam. The punishment of death and sepration from God could only be overcome by God Himself taking on flesh as Last Adam. Jesus lived a pure sinless life... first Adam didn't. Jesus defeated physical death with the resurrection. We can accept Him as our Mediator and Savior. "For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus." 1 Tim. 2:5

Greg Jennings "Why did all of geology/biology once believe as you do, then REJECT your theory after centuries of gathering evidence?"

Greg is then challenged, and changes his tune a bit hoping no one notices

Greg Jennings "Do you deny that the overwhelming majority of geologists and biologists once believed"

Do you have some survey results Greg? As I said, I think you need brush up on your history. Old earth beliefs were fairly entrenched amongst agnostic geologists in Darwin's time.

In any case, we are fortunate that science is not determined by " the overwhelming majority", or we still might believe in uphill evolution. Oh... what?? YOU STILL BELIEVE GOO TO YOU? :)

Umm yeah by the 19th century people had at least STARTED to figure reality out, but my point is most definitely true. If you deny that those fields once believed as you, as you are doing, you are stupid. It is a plain fact. Hell I could tell you the stages of the transition from Young Earth to Old if I can find my old notes (admittedly not likely, but Wegener, Hutton, and Plutonians ring a bell)

Your scriptural explanations are a reasonable theory, but unfortunately the reality I know exists contradicts the way you believe things went. I'm working FORWARD from evidence. You are working BACKWARD from a conclusion, as all YEC organizations admit to doing themselves

Greg Jennings

It is called VSDM. It is in the abstract in long form, then the abbreviation in the article.

Read the abstract again and he is writing about "very slightly deleterious mutations."

Me thinks you are frustrated and dodging.

Yes... it was the question. You suggested you could dissect creationist answers involving genetics... but you don't seem to know even some basics. The question I asked was simple.... and there is a simple answer.

The question was "How can natural selection, simultaneously select and remove 100 VSDM's per person, per generation in a population with a birth rate of about 2? And... I asked if you could answer from science and not answer with beliefs.

:)

Yeah well I'm trying, with your help, to dissect this VSDM thing. How can I be dodging when I'm asking you questions trying to understand what the heck we are talking about?

Explain please how this works, bc the abstract isn't enough. I need to look at the whole process so I can UNDERSTAND it. You can't get that from the abstract. Explain why your question above is an issue? Pretend like I'm a fresh new student in elementary school. Educate me