• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Evolutionists: How did legs evolve?

iouae

Adam's belly button was really there, so fake isn't the right word. Deceptive, perhaps, but not fake.

And if you think about it, the only way we would call it deceptive, is if we believed that God was trying to trick us, because He told us that He created Adam in one day, and we'd have to disbelieve what He said, and believe that He was trying to trick us, to think that Adam's belly button was deceptive.

You do know that we have no clue as to whether they had belly buttons or not.

I feel that the real issue is the so called planted evidence for an old age earth.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You do know that we have no clue as to whether they had belly buttons or not.

I feel that the real issue is the so called planted evidence for an old age earth.
That's what I'm getting at. It's only "planted," if we think God's trying to trick us, because otherwise we have no reason to think it's deceptive to find that the universe is much older than 6000 years, no more than we'd think He was tricking us, if on the seventh day, He said that Adam is only one day old.

Right Divider

Body part
With any luck they are not firing randomly. But yeah, your thoughts are the result of neuronal activity. Pretty much chemistry and physics (voltage changes along axons, release of neurotransmitters, etc.).
Then you do not have thoughts at all. It's just random chance in action.

6days

Barbarian said:
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created heaven, and earth. [2] And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters.
You should keep reading. The beginning was not the just the first second... or just the first day. The beginning was the creation event described in the first book of God's Word.
For in six days, God created the heavens and the earth and everything in them.
Barbarian said:
Sorry, God says what was there, and male and female were not there. Jesus isn't contradicting Himself; He's referring to the creation of our race, not the beginning in Genesis 1:1.
Male and female were there at the beginning. Jesus tells us "from the beginning of the creation, male and female made He them" Matthew 19:4 It is plain in English.
It is even more clear in the Greek.
The Greek word for 'beginning' in that verse is ARCHE
Strongs says "used absolutely, of the beginning of all things: ἐν ἀρχή, John 1:1f (Genesis 1:1); ἀπ' ἀρχῆς, Matthew 19:4"
The word for 'creation' in that verse is KTISEOS... Strongs: "2936 ktízō – properly, create, which applies only to God who alone can make what was "not there before" (Latin, ex nihilo, out of nothing, J.Thayer);

In Mark 10:6 the word used connecting humanity to the beginning is... Strongs: "2937 ktísis – properly, creation (creature) which is founded from nothing (this is also the sense of this term from Homer on); creation out of nothing

Barbarian said:
And in the early 20th century, YE creationism was invented to revise it to fit man's desires.
You are dishonest and know Jews and Christians have defended the truth of scripture (and young earth) for the past 3000 years. Scripture... and the Gospel message are clear that humanity was created in the beginning.

6days

That's what I'm getting at. It's only "planted," if we think God's trying to trick us, because otherwise we have no reason to think it's deceptive to find that the universe is much older than 6000 years, no more than we'd think He was tricking us, if on the seventh day, He said that Adam is only one day old.

EXACTLY!
It would be like God waking up Adam and saying "Look what I just made"... Adam looks at Eve and tells God, he doesn't believe she was just made because she looks 18 years old. It is the same thing with the heavens, and the earth and everything in them. (And I don't believe fossils were there in the beginning)

6days

Why would God create fake fossils and a fake geologic column, fake ice cores, fake reefs, fake weathered rocks, fake isotope ages?
He didn't. The fossil evidence... geological layers...ice cores... mutation rates....continental erosion rates.... lifespan of comets.... decaying magnetic fields...crumbling Y chromosome....ETC help confirm the truth of Gods Word that He created EVERYTHING in six days

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
He didn't. The fossil evidence... geological layers...ice cores... mutation rates....continental erosion rates.... lifespan of comets.... decaying magnetic fields...crumbling Y chromosome....ETC help confirm the truth of Gods Word that He created EVERYTHING in six days

I really really want some of the weed you must grow and smoke.

iouae

If Marco saw a 50 foot snake with teeth. and short front legs, each with 3 claws... yeah, it's a big deal. Perhaps it is these 'snakes' that is shown on some of the Chinese pottery.

Well.... no. Fish don't drown and become fossilized. However. they were rapidly buried in sediment and preserved from predators when the fountains of the deep erupted.

I don't know of anything in the fossil record, or in mythology which resembles a large snake with short front legs with 3 claws and no back legs. This is a good example of "fringe" proof - so far into the outfield that the ballpark is out of sight.

iouae

Pretty pictures are NOT facts. They are based on some opinions that cannot be verified (though many will scream that they are "facts").

I told you why fish would die in the flood, but you don't listen. The flood was not some gentle rising of water levels around the globe.

The flood was gentle enough not to sink the ark, so why was it so rough it killed the fish?

iouae

I have never heard you explain the geologic column, light from distant stars, ice cores, varves, magnetism in rocks, etc. satisfactorily. But, to your credit, you are a machine when it comes to finding and then cutting and pasting fringe science from borderline sites.