Evolution... Do we believe?

Jose Fly

6days,

Still waiting....

So to be clear, according to you the "Biblical model of creation" includes populations evolving, speciation, and natural selection, correct?

When I asked what you were looking for to tell whether trees and fish are different "kinds", you answered: "A good starting point would be to note that trees and fish don't breed with each other." That's the entirety of your answer.

Why did you say that if the inability to interbreed isn't the criterion for "kinds"?

And again, is "Then God said...." part of the creationist model or not?

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Evolution doesn't always lead forward. Bees which don't puke honey can have offspring which do, if they are not exposed to smoke. Devolution is also another way of saying the same stupid thing: The "unfolding evolution."

Last edited:

6days

I tend to believe things that I see happen right in front of me, like evolution.
We all believe things that happen in front of us.
But not all of us believe things we don't see, such as evolution from a common ancestor.

The evidence points towards a designer... that we were created by a common Designer... the God of the Bible.

Jose Fly

Some do, some refuse to even look lest their preconceptions be called into doubt.

But not all of us believe things we don't see, such as evolution from a common ancestor.

Of course you don't.

The evidence points towards a designer... that we were created by a common Designer... the God of the Bible.

Empty assertion.

Now, back to what I keep asking you...

So to be clear, according to you the "Biblical model of creation" includes populations evolving, speciation, and natural selection, correct?

When I asked what you were looking for to tell whether trees and fish are different "kinds", you answered: "A good starting point would be to note that trees and fish don't breed with each other." That's the entirety of your answer.

Why did you say that if the inability to interbreed isn't the criterion for "kinds"?

And again, is "Then God said...." part of the creationist model or not?

6days

Quit dodging.

When I asked what you were looking for to tell whether trees and fish are different "kinds", you answered "A good starting point would be to note that trees and fish don't breed with each other." That's the entirety of your answer.

My answer was "A good starting point would be to note that trees and fish don't breed with each other:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because IMO it is a nonsensical, illogical set of beliefs.
Since you don't believe.

Modern English Version

Psalm 14:1 [ Psalm 14 ] [ For the Music Director. A Psalm of David. ] The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

Psalm 53:1 [ Psalm 53 ] [ For the Music Director. According to Mahalath. A Contemplative Maskil of David. ] The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and have done abhorrent injustice; there is none who does good.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

No, the evidence does not point to a designer. Nor does it point to the creation of the universe in 6 days 6000 +/- years ago. Nor does it suggest a world wide flood in the recent past.

Jose Fly

My answer was "A good starting point would be to note that trees and fish don't breed with each other:

Why is that a starting point if the ability to interbreed isn't a criterion?

And...

Is "Then God said...." part of the creationist model or not?

Jose Fly

Since you don't believe.

Modern English Version

Psalm 14:1 [ Psalm 14 ] [ For the Music Director. A Psalm of David. ] The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

Psalm 53:1 [ Psalm 53 ] [ For the Music Director. According to Mahalath. A Contemplative Maskil of David. ] The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and have done abhorrent injustice; there is none who does good.

So? According to the Quran you are just as eternally damned as me. Does that mean anything to you? No? Now you know how I feel about verses from the Bible.

quip

BANNED
Banned
No, the evidence does not point to a designer. Nor does it point to the creation of the universe in 6 days 6000 +/- years ago. Nor does it suggest a world wide flood in the recent past.

"Divine Design" rests upon an incoherent notion....