Everyone Will Die For His Own Sin

Jerry Shugart

Still jerry, you are looking at things naturally.

When Jesus said, deny yourself take up your cross and follow me, did he mean a natural cross? Are we to deny ourselves and then be crucified?

So you continue to deny that the "blood" in these verses are speaking about His death on the Cross:

"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven"
(Col.1:20).​

"Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied" (1 Pet.1:3).​

You are so lost and unregenerate you cannot even understand that the "blood" in those verses are referring to the death on the Cross!

Last edited:

God's Truth

Yes, God created our spirit as well as the spirit of animals.

The Father preserves our spirit so it can be placed in a new body at our resurrection.

Our spirit plus our brain is our psyche, our mind.

Our spirit lives on without our physical body.

Think about the scripture where Paul speaks about being out of the body.

marhig

So you continue to deny that the "blood" in these verses are speaking about His death on the Cross:

"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven"

"Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied" (1 Pet.1:3).​

You are so lost and unregenerate you cannot even understand that the "blood" in those verses are referring to the death on the Cross!

How did he make peace by dying on a natural cross? He bore his cross, denying himself to do Gods will, and preached the gospel. And God was in him reconciling the world unto himself by his word. And whosoever believes on Christ Jesus has everlasting life. Whosoever doesn't then the wrath of God abides on him.

John 3

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

As I said we don't drink his natural blood, or eat his natural flesh. And we're not sprinkled by his natural blood either. Your looking at it through your natural eyes Jerry, as I've said before on here, when Jesus said destroy this temple and I will raise it in three days. People here would have insisted it was the natural temple, had it not not been explained that it is his body the temple.

Jesus said those who have ears to hear many times, and those who have ears to hear listen to what the spirit says to the churches. Jesus always spoke in the Spirit. His words are Spirit and they are life.

This following verse isn't natural, and it's whilst he's preaching before he died! What do you think it means?

John 6:53

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Is the above his natural blood? And do we have to drink his natural blood to have his life in us?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
How did he make peace by dying on a natural cross? He bore his cross, denying himself to do Gods will, and preached the gospel. And God was in him reconciling the world unto himself by his word. And whosoever believes on Christ Jesus has everlasting life. Whosoever doesn't then the wrath of God abides on him.

John 3

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

As I said we don't drink his natural blood, or eat his natural flesh. And we're not sprinkled by his natural blood either. Your looking at it through your natural eyes Jerry, as I've said before on here, when Jesus said destroy this temple and I will raise it in three days. People here would have insisted it was the natural temple, had it not not been explained that it is his body the temple.

Jesus said those who have ears to hear many times, and those who have ears to hear listen to what the spirit says to the churches. Jesus always spoke in the Spirit. His words are Spirit and they are life.

This following verse isn't natural, and it's whilst he's preaching before he died! What do you think it means?

John 6:53

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Is the above his natural blood? And do we have to drink his natural blood to have his life in us?

Marhig...

You admit you are imperfect... you admit much that is positive in your theological understanding...

No one has walked you through how the tabernacle foreshadowed Christ?

Has anyone discussed propitiation with you?

1 John 2:2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.​

pro·pi·ti·a·tion
prəˌpiSHēˈāSHən/
noun
the action of propitiating or appeasing a god, spirit, or person.

I know you resist "who He is"...

But...

2 Tim. 2:11 If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
12 if we endure, we will also reign with him;
if we deny him, he also will deny us;
13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful—

for he cannot deny himself.​

Please... sister... open your ears on this matter... this is where your theological turmoil appears to be greatest...

Please dial down your resistance and give Jerry an opportunity to walk with you in scripture... on this matter...

Sincerely,

EE

glorydaz

How did he make peace by dying on a natural cross?

He paid the price for mankind's sin. The wages of sin is death. We were reconciled to God by Christ's death on the Cross. That made peace from God's side. Now each of us must "be reconciled" through faith in His blood (death).

You can try to make it about something else that sounds a little prettier, but our Lord was obedient unto death in payment of that sin debt of all mankind.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

marhig

Look at this

Jesus said that God gave him power over all flesh, and God did so by the power of the spirit.

Look what Peter is saying here about Jesus, can you see?

1 Peter 3

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Then look below, the same happens to those born of God. Only the difference with Jesus is that he was born of God from the womb, we have to believe and repent first and turn turn from sin, and then live by the will of God and then God will give us power over our flesh as he did with Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Acts 2

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Christ Jesus was put to death in his flesh as quickened by the spirit this happened in his lifetime. And he suffered that he might bring us to God. He suffered to do Gods will and preach the gospel hoping that many would believe and be saved. And those who are born of God, partake in the sufferings of Christ and live by God's will, and lay down their lives for others and bare witness to the truth, and Christ in them is bringing as many back to God as possible if they believe.

glorydaz

Look at this

Jesus said that God gave him power over all flesh, and God did so by the power of the spirit.

1 Peter 3

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Then look below, the same happens to those born of God. Only the difference with Jesus is that he was born of God from the womb, we have to believe and repent first and turn turn from sin, and then live by the will of God and then God will give us power over our flesh as he did with Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2

Acts 2

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Christ Jesus was put to death in his flesh as quickened by the spirit this happened in his lifetime. And he suffered that he might bring us to God. He suffered to do Gods will and preach the gospel hoping that many would believe and be saved. And those who are born of God, partake in the sufferings of Christ and live by God's will, and lay down their lives for others and bare witness to the truth, and Christ in them is bringing as many back to God as possible if they believe.

It's too bad you think of yourself as a teacher.....you are not. You are at most a babe in need of a humble spirit and a hearing ear. Put off your pride and you may be able to grow in grace.

marhig

Marhig...

You admit you are imperfect... you admit much that is positive in your theological understanding...

No one has walked you through how the tabernacle foreshadowed Christ?

Has anyone discussed propitiation with you?

1 John 2:2 He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.​

pro·pi·ti·a·tion
prəˌpiSHēˈāSHən/
noun
the action of propitiating or appeasing a god, spirit, or person.

I know you resist "who He is"...

But...

2 Tim. 2:11 If we have died with him, we will also live with him;
12 if we endure, we will also reign with him;
if we deny him, he also will deny us;
13 if we are faithless, he remains faithful—

for he cannot deny himself.​

Please... sister... open your ears on this matter... this is where your theological turmoil appears to be greatest...

Please dial down your resistance and give Jerry an opportunity to walk with you in scripture... on this matter...

Sincerely,

EE
EE how did Jesus appease God? By becoming a living sacrifice, he sacrificed his life to live by the will of God and he bore witness to the truth, bringing as many who would believe in him back to God. It says in the Bible, that if we believe in Jesus then we have eternal life, but if we don't then the wrath of God abides on them.

To atone means to make at one with, and Jesus Christ made us at one with God by sacrificing his whole life and bringing us the word of God, and reconciled us to him the through the gospel.

We are saved by the grace of God through faith. That's it! Jesus Christ was saving those who had faith in him before he died, by the grace of God.

John 17

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;*That they all may be one; as thou, Father,*art*in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:*I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

EE I know that the way I believe is the truth, we are not saved by the death of Jesus, but by his life, and through faith by the grace of God.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Look at this

1 Peter 3

Ephesians 2

Acts 2

You're trying to mix His Light... with our darkness. He's life... we are dependent on His Life. We can never do what Jesus did. He is, was and forever will be the only one that pleased the Father.

You can't make the verses about "dying" being about us doing what He did. It is a literal blending of our darkness with His light.

God dispels darkness! We surrender and step aside... we die... as in... we acknowledge Jesus' death in place of ours...

Any other way is stepping before our Holy God with unrighteousness. He can't overlook our sin! He died for our sin! One Victory... that's it! He won the war... we simply have to trust His victory and confess our inability to EVER be victorious as He Was... and IS.

If you try to do what HE did... you are mocking Him. You are telling The Son that what He did for you... isn't enough!

- EE

marhig

He paid the price for mankind's sin. The wages of sin is death. We were reconciled to God by Christ's death on the Cross. That made peace from God's side. Now each of us must "be reconciled" through faith in His blood (death).

You can try to make it about something else that sounds a little prettier, but our Lord was obedient unto death in payment of that sin debt of all mankind.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
When Paul said that the wages of sin is death, Paul is talking about us not Jesus, if we carry on wilfully sinning, then we will be separated from God because we put ourselves before him.

The cross of Christ is the cross Jesus bore, which includes being crucified, but Christ Jesus being crucified doesn't save us, we are saved by believing in him, believing in the gospel and by the grace of God through faith!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
EE how did Jesus appease God? By becoming a living sacrifice, he sacrificed his life to live by the will of God and he bore witness to the truth, bringing as many who would believe in him back to God. It says in the Bible, that if we believe in Jesus then we have eternal life, but if we don't then the wrath of God abides on them.

To atone means to make at one with, and Jesus Christ made us at one with God by sacrificing his whole life and bringing us the word of God, and reconciled us to him the through the gospel.

We are saved by the grace of God through faith. That's it! Jesus Christ was saving those who had faith in him before he died, by the grace of God.

John 17

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;*That they all may be one; as thou, Father,*art*in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:*I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

EE I know that the way I believe is the truth, we are not saved by the death of Jesus, but by his life, and through faith by the grace of God.

Marhig...

You aren't the ONE... with the NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES! Why do you think you can do what He did?

Was He PERFECT?

marhig

You're trying to mix His Light... with our darkness. He's life... we are dependent on His Life. We can never do what Jesus did. He is, was and forever will be the only one that pleased the Father.

You can't make the verses about "dying" being about us doing what He did. It is a literal blending of our darkness with His light.

God dispels darkness! We surrender and step aside... we die... as in... we acknowledge Jesus' death in place of ours...

Any other way is stepping before our Holy God with unrighteousness. He can't overlook our sin! He died for our sin! One Victory... that's it! He won the war... we simply have to trust His victory and confess our inability to EVER be victorious as He Was... and IS.

If you try to do what HE did... you are mocking Him. You are telling The Son that what He did for you... isn't enough!

- EE

Yes exactly he is the only one that pleased the father, thus God doesn't want to see our flesh, he wants us dead to it by the power of the Holy Spirit through Christ, dead to our old life in the flesh and alive in God, and God wants to see the life of his holy son in and through us that's how we are justified before God! By the life of Christ within it us made manifest by the Holy Spirit, cleansing our hearts and making us just before God.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
When Paul said that the wages of sin is death, Paul is talking about us not Jesus, if we carry on wilfully sinning, then we will be separated from God because we put ourselves before him.

The cross of Christ is the cross Jesus bore, which includes being crucified, but Christ Jesus being crucified doesn't save us, we are saved by believing in him, believing in the gospel and by the grace of God through faith!

1st Cor. 15:3 What I received I passed on to you. And it is the most important of all. Here is what it is. Christ died for our sins, just as Scripture said he would. 4 He was buried. He was raised from the dead on the third day, just as Scripture said he would be.

marhig

It's too bad you think of yourself as a teacher.....you are not. You are at most a babe in need of a humble spirit and a hearing ear. Put off your pride and you may be able to grow in grace.
I'm far from proud, I know I'm nothing, and I never said that you have to believe what I'm saying, but I know it's the truth!

marhig

Marhig...

You aren't the ONE... with the NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES! Why do you think you can do what He did?

Was He PERFECT?
What??? Of course I'm not, but we are made at one with God and Christ through Christ Jesus, we are saved by the grace of God through faith.

Also, we can't live at he did, he was sinless, but we can overcome our sins through him by the power of the Holy spirit.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Yes exactly he is the only one that pleased the father, thus God doesn't want to see our flesh, he wants us dead to it by the power of the Holy Spirit through Christ, dead to our old life in the flesh and alive in God, and God wants to see the life of his holy son in and through us that's how we are justified before God! By the life of Christ within it us made manifest by the Holy Spirit, cleansing our hearts and making us just before God.

Marhig!

This is deadly! You are suggesting you can "die to self" in surrender of self will... but He knows your secret sin. He knows your sincere failure. You are stepping before our Holy God as your own living sacrifice!

Are you Perfect and does He ask for anything less?

marhig

1st Cor. 15:3 What I received I passed on to you. And it is the most important of all. Here is what it is. Christ died for our sins, just as Scripture said he would. 4 He was buried. He was raised from the dead on the third day, just as Scripture said he would be.
Yes but there are many ways to die EE, and even dying for our sins, does not mean that this is how we are saved!

We are saved through faith, by the grace of God.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
What??? Of course I'm not, but we are made at one with God and Christ through Christ Jesus, we are saved by the grace of God through faith.

Also, we can't live at he did, he was sinless, but we can overcome our sins through him by the power of the Holy spirit.

Faith in what?

His Death...
Burial...

And Ressurection

Do you admit that you deserve eternal consequence for your sin? As in... do you... [MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] deserve the wages of sin?