Eternal life

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is eternal life? What does the Bible say about eternal life? Who is eternal life for?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Immortality, enjoyed in the eternal kingdom of God, comprising the new heaven and the new earth.
1st Corinthians 15 is a good place to start . . . .
The Church.
Can you show that any of your answers can be derived from scripture?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Your answers were incomprehensible to me, which is why I would need you to explain to understand where you are coming from. But you don't have to.
Describe the incomprehensibility to me, because I'm not seeing any jargon or strange words in my responses to your queries.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Describe the incomprehensibility to me, because I'm not seeing any jargon or strange words in my responses to your queries.
You wrote (quotes following)...
Immortality, enjoyed in the eternal kingdom of God, comprising the new heaven and the new earth.
I don't understand this answer.
1 Corinthians is a great place to read about the gospel and learn about resurrection. I don't know what you mean.
The Church.
Okay, if the church is made up of individuals. Meaning, eternal life is for people... individual people. Not everyone has eternal life or the promise of eternal life.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
What is eternal life?
I don't understand this answer.
Certain words you must know. Because you haven't provided more specificity, here's my best guess as to the words that you do not understand:
Immortality
the eternal kingdom of God
the new heaven and the new earth​
Which one or ones trouble you?
What does the Bible say about eternal life?
1 Corinthians is a great place to read about the gospel and learn about resurrection. I don't know what you mean.
The Gospel or good news includes eternal life, the final leg of which begins at the resurrection, which is when the new heaven and the new earth appear also.
Okay, if the church is made up of individuals. Meaning, eternal life is for people... individual people. Not everyone has eternal life or the promise of eternal life.
It depends entirely upon who is the Church. Whoever is the Church, they are those for whom eternal life is.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Certain words you must know. Because you haven't provided more specificity, here's my best guess as to the words that you do not understand:
Immortality
the eternal kingdom of God
the new heaven and the new earth

Which one or ones trouble you?
Each of these, and you may be putting them together for some reason unbeknownst to me.
The Gospel or good news includes eternal life, the final leg of which begins at the resurrection, which is when the new heaven and the new earth appear also.
I'm not sure or don't know what you mean by this. Does 1 Corinthians 15 speak of a new heaven and a new earth? No. Not that I know of.

Only the following verse of scripture speaks of a new heaven.

Revelation 21:1 NASB - 1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

The following verses have the words new heavens and new earth or new heaven and new earth.

Isaiah 65:17 NASB - 17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;And the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.

Isaiah 66:22 NASB - 22 "For just as the new heavens and the new earthWhich I make will endure before Me," declares the LORD,"So your offspring and your name will endure.

2 Peter 3:13 NASB - 13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

Revelation 21:1 NASB - 1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea.

It depends entirely upon who is the Church. Whoever is the Church, they are those for whom eternal life is.
I can understand this.

We are either promised eternal life or have eternal life. Or we have eternal life as a promise.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Each of these
Immortality is preservation from death.
The eternal kingdom of God is the everlasting new heaven and new earth.
The new heaven and the new earth---you appear to understand this, because you mentioned some biblical references in your response.
you may be putting them together for some reason unbeknownst to me.
Now I don't understand you. Do they seem unrelated to you?
I can understand this.
Terrific.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Immortality is preservation from death.
Here are the verses in the Bible that use the (English) word immortality. This LINK is to the Strong's numbers, as there are two different Greek words translated as immortality.

Romans 2:7 NASB - 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 NASB - 53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory.

1 Timothy 6:16 NASB - 16 who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

2 Timothy 1:10 NASB - 10 but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
The eternal kingdom of God is the everlasting new heaven and new earth.
The new heaven and the new earth---you appear to understand this, because you mentioned some biblical references in your response.
Now I don't understand you. Do they seem unrelated to you?
Is there any scriptural warrant to believe that the new heaven(s) and the new earth are a kingdom?
Terrific.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Romans 2:7 NASB - 7 to those who by perseverance in doing good seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life;

1 Corinthians 15:53-54 NASB - 53 For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory.

1 Timothy 6:16 NASB - 16 who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

2 Timothy 1:10 NASB - 10 but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
'Looks good.
Is there any scriptural warrant to believe that the new heaven(s) and the new earth are a kingdom?
I don't know, what do you think?

WeberHome

-
Eternal life is often mistaken for immortality. The two are not the same.

Immortality is a physical kind of life that has to do with a superhuman body
impervious to death and putrefaction.

Eternal life, on the other hand, is a spirit kind of life that has to do with the
very core of God's being; viz: His divine nature. If you can understand what
is meant by human nature, then you've got a handle on what is meant by
divine nature.

Christ had eternal life when he was here (John 5:26-27, 1John 1:1-2) but
according to Rom 6:9, he didn't obtain immorality till he rose from the dead.

Likewise; according to John 3:36, John 5:24, John 6:47, and 1John 5:13,
Christ's believing followers have eternal life here and now. But according to
Rom 8:23-25 and 1Cor 15:51-53, they won't obtain immortality till their
resurrections.

Possession of eternal life isn't optional; no, it's a must.

†. John 4:24 . . God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in
spirit

Can people relate to a clam spirit-to-spirit? No; they can't, because a clam's
nature is foreign to human nature. Likewise: people cannot relate to God
spirit-to-spirit either because divine nature is foreign to human nature.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Zeke

What is eternal life? What does the Bible say about eternal life? Who is eternal life for?

John 5:39-47, John 1:17, Jesus was the voice/spirit of the gospels concerning God's kingdom Luke 17:20-21, which is received by revelation Galatians 1:12, (Galatians 3:1 in not among) within the heart Galatians 4:6, that lights every man John 1:9, Ecclesiastes 3:11, the voice heard by the inner man through revelation of the Divine Seed within the heart, and it's all Esoteric truth Galatians 4:24-28 not observable, nor is the building of the temple heard by men of flesh and blood looking for it outwardly which is why Rome invented the human sacrifice that makes people focus on past and future observable events that deceive and distract away from the truth about the inner focus of all the stories.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John 5:39-47, John 1:17, Jesus was the voice/spirit of the gospels concerning God's kingdom Luke 17:20-21, which is received by revelation Galatians 1:12, (Galatians 3:1 in not among) within the heart Galatians 4:6, that lights every man John 1:9, Ecclesiastes 3:11, the voice heard by the inner man through revelation of the Divine Seed within the heart, and it's all Esoteric truth Galatians 4:24-28 not observable, nor is the building of the temple heard by men of flesh and blood looking for it outwardly which is why Rome invented the human sacrifice that makes people focus on past and future observable events that deceive and distract away from the truth about the inner focus of all the stories.
Incorrect.

Nothing in the Bible is esoteric.