Embracing the Gospel Alone as Your Only Means of Salvation

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The "Kingdom Gospel" is not the same Gospel that Paul preached.

The Gospel that Paul preached is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus did not preach that Gospel. He left it up to the apostles.
Every one of the world’s faiths changed or added to the original vision of their founders.

This is the way of all worldly things. It’s all about interpretations of human beings of the inspired interpretations of the biblical authors.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did you actually expect a rebuttal from a sola scriptura Protestant website? :kookoo: :rotfl:

If you disagree with my source, feel free to actually disprove the information provided in Post #91 above. Give it a try.

If it were actually taught in the New Testament, and weren't a directly self-refuting proposition, I would be more than happy to embrace sola scriptura (again). As it stands, no one in the first fifteen centuries of Christian history believed or taught any such notion, nor is it taught anywhere in the Bible itself. (See Post #91 above.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
I expected maybe something from you. well, nuff said about that.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Many scholars already know that the people represented in the New Testament didn’t consider themselves Christians.

But instead of static theological interpretations about Jesus or God, the early Christian writings can teach us a number of creative and improvised ways of trying to make sense of who one is, where one belongs, and what God means in the face of loss.

brewmama

The teaching I adhere to comes straight out of scripture;

2 Timothy 3:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

And you do know that the "scriptures" referred to there are just the OT?
So to be the literalist that you are, you should only use the OT.
Especially since the NT came from that despised, evil CHURCH.

beloved57

No, but you can trust in the Bible that I frequently quote, that reveals we are justified by faith without works, Romans 4:5.

You dont believe that scripture, you teach that a person is Justifed by his work, by something he must do. You call it Rom 10:13, thats a work !

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The "Kingdom Gospel" is not the same Gospel that Paul preached.

The Gospel that Paul preached is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus did not preach that Gospel. He left it up to the apostles.
That is the result of the fact that Paul’s theology was an interpretation of the meaning of Jesus’s death.

First came Jesus, then came the man-made theologies and meanings that were attached to him after his death.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
No, but you can trust in the Bible that I frequently quote, that reveals we are justified by faith without works, Romans 4:5.

pate tells us what the bible says
that
makes him a religion
pate's interpretation of the bible is wrong
that
makes pate a false religion

Ben Masada

Many scholars already know that the people represented in the New Testament didn’t consider themselves Christians.

But instead of static theological interpretations about Jesus or God, the early Christian writings can teach us a number of creative and improvised ways of trying to make sense of who one is, where one belongs, and what God means in the face of loss.

True but, only after Acts 11:26. That's when Paul founded Christianity in Antioch and his followers started being called Christians for the first time.

Robert Pate

Banned
pate tells us what the bible says
that
makes him a religion
pate's interpretation of the bible is wrong
that
makes pate a false religion

The "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ calls your Catholic religion into question.

My interpretations are right. Whats wrong is your Catholic religion.

The Gospel justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

What does your Catholic religion do? Besides deceiving millions.