Eliminating Dispensationalism

Jerry Shugart

It is not how I think, so no.

Then please tell me what I said that is error:

During the OT times the children of Israel were a special people unto the LORD, above all people on the face of the earth (Deut.7:6). But now the only special people of the LORD are those in the Body of Christ and in the Body there is no distinction between Jews and Gentiles.

Do you not understand that the middle wall of partition which previously separated the Jews and the Gentiles has now been broken down (Eph.2;14)?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then please tell me what I said that is error:

During the OT times the children of Israel were a special people unto the LORD, above all people on the face of the earth (Deut.7:6). But now the only special people of the LORD are those in the Body of Christ and in the Body there is no distinction between Jews and Gentiles.

Do you not understand that the middle wall of partition which previously separated the Jews and the Gentiles has now been broken down (Eph.2;14)?
Shalom.

There were believers who were not Jewish, or of Israel. But to answer your question God's law has not been abolished. Is it possible that Paul is describing not abolished Law but a relationship with God in Christ Jesus apart from the Law? This leaves many things unanswered, but I am content with observing the Law as a Jew of Israel, so this answer must suffice from me for now. I can still discuss this with you even here and now.

There are some observances of the Law which are not for Gentiles, but a Gentile can convert and become a Jew. Obeying God's commands must start somewhere.

Do you accept the Torah, the Noahide laws, the Law of Moses, the TaNaKh, Matthew through Revelation, and the essentials for those who turn to God from among the Gentiles?

Shalom.

Jacob

jshugart

How do you replace false thoughts or ideas with that which is true? Is there a process for this? Can you exchange one thought for another?

Shalom

I too have made a similar journey, and it took me years to try and get my head around it.

I am just recently an ex-Christian due to my studies. And am studying alternative views now.

If you care to talk in private I would be happy to talk to you about my experiences in a cult and how to deprogram your mind.

May God bless your journey

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom

I too have made a similar journey, and it took me years to try and get my head around it.

I am just recently an ex-Christian due to my studies. And am studying alternative views now.

If you care to talk in private I would be happy to talk to you about my experiences in a cult and how to deprogram your mind.

May God bless your journey
Shalom.

Interesting. I am a Jew. Are you referring to Judaism? Otherwise, no thank you. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

There were believers who were not Jewish, or of Israel. But to answer your question God's law has not been abolished. Is it possible that Paul is describing not abolished Law but a relationship with God in Christ Jesus apart from the Law? This leaves many things unanswered, but I am content with observing the Law as a Jew of Israel, so this answer must suffice from me for now. I can still discuss this with you even here and now.

There are some observances of the Law which are not for Gentiles, but a Gentile can convert and become a Jew. Obeying God's commands must start somewhere.

Do you accept the Torah, the Noahide laws, the Law of Moses, the TaNaKh, Matthew through Revelation, and the essentials for those who turn to God from among the Gentiles?

Shalom.

Jacob

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Shalom.

I accept this. However, I am a male and a Jew. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

I accept this. However, I am a male and a Jew. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah.

Shalom.

Jacob

So, you don't know what it means to be IN Christ Jesus, do you? You are still under the schoolmaster.

Gal. 3:27-28 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.​

jshugart

Shalom.

Interesting. I am a Jew. Are you referring to Judaism? Otherwise, no thank you. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob
I am studying Judaism, but that is not what I offered to talk with you about. I was thinking more on my experiences dealing with cults and how to purge your thinking of old unwanted knowledge that will be there for years to come.

But I understand you don't want to talk to a heretic ex-Christian.

You have a good day

oatmeal

Shalom.

As I start this thread in the United States of America, where I live and where I am a citizen, it is Sheni, Ziv 12, day.

I am a Jew, of Israel, Jewish, as a proselyte and a convert. I used to be a Christian Dispensationalist. There are some things or views of premillenial dispensationalism that I did not find in scripture, that are still a part of my mind. They need to be cleared up. I was pretribulation rapture, by what I was taught. I do not accept a seven year tribulation preceding a millennium.

How do you replace false thoughts or ideas with that which is true? Is there a process for this? Can you exchange one thought for another?

I read, study, observe, and teach (others) Torah. I desire that others would know about God's commands. I accept the TaNaKh and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob

You are in charge of what you choose to think. If you do not like what you are thinking, find a better thought to think.

Replace a negative thought with a positive thought, replace error with truth, replace carnal thoughts with spiritual thoughts, replace evil with good, replace secular with scripture

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So, you don't know what it means to be IN Christ Jesus, do you? You are still under the schoolmaster.

Gal. 3:27-28 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.​
Shalom.

I do know what it means to be in Christ Jesus.

I do observe Torah, as a Jew, the 613 Commandments of Torah are for every Jew, though some are for me personally. I do not know how many commandments there are in the Prophets and the Writings. I do also accept Matthew through Revelation which has 1050 Commandments for me to observe.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am studying Judaism, but that is not what I offered to talk with you about. I was thinking more on my experiences dealing with cults and how to purge your thinking of old unwanted knowledge that will be there for years to come.

But I understand you don't want to talk to a heretic ex-Christian.

You have a good day
Shalom.

No. You apparently do not understand my response. As a Jew I know that I am not to study false religion or worship false gods so I had to ask you because you mentioned something alternative. I also now do not know what you mean by purge. As an ex-Christian Dispensationalist, I believe that Dispensational ideas are not for me.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are in charge of what you choose to think. If you do not like what you are thinking, find a better thought to think.

Replace a negative thought with a positive thought, replace error with truth, replace carnal thoughts with spiritual thoughts, replace evil with good, replace secular with scripture
Shalom.

What do you do with the thoughts that effect or have involved others? I understand believing and thinking differently.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

And when were you ever "under the schoolmaster"? Paul uses that term to speak of the Torah as if a crossing guard to bring us safely to Messiah. If therefore you have never been "under the Law" then how can you truly know what it means to be "in Messiah"? for the Torah is the schoolmaster or crossing guard to bring us to Messiah. How much time did you spend "under the Law" before coming to be "in Messiah"? In fact you appear to be mixing terms in a way that is really unrelated because "in Messiah" no doubt means WALKING IN HIS FULL TESTIMONY, (found in the Gospel accounts), which Testimony he paid for with his own blood at Golgotha, (and therefore his Testimony is equivalent to his blood).

jshugart

Shalom.

No. You apparently do not understand my response. As a Jew I know that I am not to study false religion or worship false gods so I had to ask you because you mentioned something alternative. I also now do not know what you mean by purge. As an ex-Christian Dispensationalist, I believe that Dispensational ideas are not for me.

Shalom.

Jacob

I'm not understanding. You are a Jew who believes in Jesus as your Messiah? If that is true, then I would classify you as Christian, maybe Hebrew Christian, or Messianic Christian.

There are many different flavors (40k+) of Christianity, Dispensationalism is but a few of those.

Judaism is much less "fluid".

When you say:
"As a Jew I know that I am not to study false religion or worship false gods"

The Rabbi's believe anyone who believes in Christ is worshiping a false god idol. When you say "as a Jew", is that by standard Orthodox Jewish beliefs?

I'm only trying to understand, sorry if I'm unclear.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm not understanding. You are a Jew who believes in Jesus as your Messiah? If that is true, then I would classify you as Christian, maybe Hebrew Christian, or Messianic Christian.

There are many different flavors (40k+) of Christianity, Dispensationalism is but a few of those.

Judaism is much less "fluid".

When you say:
"As a Jew I know that I am not to study false religion or worship false gods"

The Rabbi's believe anyone who believes in Christ is worshiping a false god idol. When you say "as a Jew", is that by standard Orthodox Jewish beliefs?

I'm only trying to understand, sorry if I'm unclear.
Shalom.

I used to be a Christian. I am a righteous convert, having been a Gentile. I am a follower or adherent to or of Judaism. I am of Israel, a Jew, Jewish, a proselyte and a convert. I read, study, observe, and teach Torah. As a Christian I believed Jesus, Yeshua, to be the Messiah, the Son of God. As a Jew, I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah, the Son of God. In Judaism we have the expectation of the coming Messiah, and then that Yeshua is that Messiah. Because of God's commands I am Orthodox. I do not mix meat and dairy.

Shalom.

Jacob

daqq

Shalom.

I am referring to my own thoughts and to the thoughts of others, as Dispensationalism is false.

Shalom.

Jacob

Here is another simple example:

What does dispensationalism say about the following statement?

Matthew 15:24 ASV
24 But he answered and said, I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Do the dispensationalists walk in this Testimony of the Master quoted above? Or do they subvert this statement by saying that it was not spoken to them? If they subvert this statement by placing it in an imaginary concocted separate "dispensation", far away from themselves, then they are not "in Messiah" because they do not walk according to his Testimony but rather subvert it with their false doctrine of a separate "age of grace" which they have carved out for themselves in order to escape the Testimony of the Messiah. And yet the statement above was made to a Canaanite woman of Tyre and she was no doubt eventually grafted into Israel by faith, (Matthew 15:28). The statement from Matthew 15:24 is never going to pass away if one truly believes all of the Testimony of the Master, (Matthew 24:35, Mark 13:31).