Don't Tithe: Give more or less, but not 10%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
jeremiah-
You don't have to blindly pull something out of your wallet to do it without calculation. Just pray, and let God lead you to give. And give cheerfully. And you don't have to calculate.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Paul taught systematic and proportionate giving, not subjective feelings on the spur of the moment (evangelists can manipulate people with guilt and people think it is God talking). We can give in obedience to a prompt from the Spirit on specific occasions. There is also nothing unspiritual about purposing what you want to give.

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by godrulz

Paul taught systematic and proportionate giving, not subjective feelings on the spur of the moment (evangelists can manipulate people with guilt and people think it is God talking). We can give in obedience to a prompt from the Spirit on specific occasions. There is also nothing unspiritual about purposing what you want to give.

Ahh, someone who understands! Amen to that and well said.:thumb:

Mr. 5020

Originally posted by Lucky

Why do you have to be such an idiot all the time???

Just because 93% (according to WT) don't give exactly 10% regulary doesn't mean they are not funding their churches. Funding does not equal or is limited to 10% contributions. :hammer:
Just a note...this was posted a long time ago.

The George Barna survey asked if they gave at least 10% of their income.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr. 5020

The George Barna survey asked if they gave at least 10% of their income.
And what survey are you talking about? (Link please.)

c.moore

I am looking for the person who invented the tithes for today in our churches, and how did he begin this, and where did it all started???
This has been keep a secret from the church and I am interested to find the truth , just like the pentecostal movememt might have started from John hagan, so i think someone also started the tithes issue and doctrine.
Sense it is not for us today , and it also not completely taught in the church i would like to see the real founder on making the tithes be brough tot he chruch instead of the levites priest, and that today the people should pay tithes who are under grace , but have to also keep a chosen law that fits a church and force people to pay, or be under condemnation and legalism.

So can someone answer me????

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The Holy Spirit started the Pentecostal movement, not John Hagan (who ever he is).

Principles of giving are found in Scripture. No one man reintroduced tithing in the church.

Benjamin

BANNED
Banned
Sozo said:
Why do you make quotes about things that have NOTHING to do with the conversation at hand, and clearly NOTHING to do with the quote I gave?

READ IT AGAIN, you misguided pervert. It says NOTHING about how anyone should give. Paul is only directing them on what they should do with that which WAS given. What an idiot.

Dude, let off the gas a little. Your bashing Godrulez is overdone.

(I like you sozo, but use your rebukes more wisely)

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Benjamin said:
Dude, let off the gas a little. Your bashing Godrulez just to make yourself feel powerful.

If you wanna feel powerful come to Grand Rapids Michigan and I'll put on the gloves with you and we can spar a little.

Just chill please. I felt the anger and hate in that post through my PC.

(I like you sozo, but use your rebukes more wisely)
:confused:
Dude. That quote is well over a year old. Did you really feel the need to bring it back up, afte all this time?

Benjamin

BANNED
Banned
Lighthouse said:
:confused:
Dude. That quote is well over a year old. Did you really feel the need to bring it back up, afte all this time?

Didn't even check the date. I just followed a link from a different thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.