Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, c'mon Tet.

Do you have any scrolls or papyri from immediately after 70AD giving the minute details of such an INCREDIBLY AWESOME momentous event transpiring as the second coming of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in clouds of glory?

Josephus and the Roman historian Tacitus wrote about it:

"Besides these [signs], a few days after that feast, on the one- and-twentieth day of the month Artemisius, [Jyar,] a certain prodigious and incredible phenomenon appeared; I suppose the account of it would seem to be a fable, were it not related by those that saw it, and were not the events that followed it of so considerable a nature as to deserve such signals; for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armour were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities." - Jewish Wars, VI-V-3

"In the sky appeared a vision of armies in conflict, of glittering armour. A sudden lightning flash from the clouds lit up the Temple. The doors of the holy place abruptly opened, a superhuman voice was heard to declare that the gods were leaving it, and in the same instant came the rushing tumult of their departure." - Histories, Book 5, v. 13

In addition to the two quotes above, the Jerusalem Talmud and the Babylonian Talmud both speak of the western light going out every night from 30AD to 70AD, the red strap not turning white from 30AD to 70AD, the gates opening each night from 30AD to 70AD, and the black stone was picked 40 years in a row from 30AD to 70AD.

musterion

Let me see if I have this right.

Spanky just said only Christ is infallible, but he added that the system of preterism is infallible since it aligns "perfectly" with infallible Scripture. Thus, anyone who teaches the infallible system of preterism is himself infallible.

That must be what JohnW is referring to when he says Spanky told him he follows infallible men.

Now it makes sense.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Gospels speak about good human behavior such as, not to murder, etc. We
as Dispensationilists have the right to post any verse of Scripture we so desire.

Tets just being childish (Child-man) because I let the cat out of the bag about
the inventor of the Preterist belief system, Luis De Alcazar

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let me see if I have this right.

Spanky just said only Christ is infallible, but he added that the system of preterism is infallible since it aligns "perfectly" with infallible Scripture. Thus, anyone who teaches the infallible system of preterism is himself infallible.

That must be what JohnW is referring to when he says Spanky told him he follows infallible men.

Now it makes sense.

Once again, you twist everything I say.

I said that if something taught lines up with infallible scripture, then it validates the scripture.

If something is contrary to scripture, then it is man made.

You claim Luke 19:44 is a yet future event, I claim it was fulfilled in 70AD.

One of us is right, and one of us is wrong.

That doesn't make either one of us infallible, despite who is right.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, are you saying that you don't follow 1 Peter 3:15 as a Preterist?

I don't divide the post-cross NT into two gospels like you Darby Followers do.

Therefore, I'm fine with 1 Peter 3:15 being for Christians today.

GM comes across as a hypocrite by claiming 1 Peter 3:15 was for kingdom believers, while claiming to only follow Paul's gospel, and then using 1 Peter 3:15 today when he demands someone give their testimony.

musterion

Once again, you twist everything I say.

I am not.

I said that if something taught lines up with infallible scripture, then it validates the scripture.
That is NOT what you just said in post #449:

If it lines up perfectly with scripture, than it's a validation of the infallible scripture.

If it's contrary to scripture, then it's man-made.
So if it lines up perfectly with infallible Scripture, it cannot be man-made and is therefore as infallible as Scripture itself.

It basically IS Scripture.

So for you, preterism = Scripture.

You're a liar. Not only do you lie about what other people say, you lie about what YOU JUST SAID. But you're too sloppy to get away with it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're a liar. Not only do you lie about what other people say, you lie about what YOU JUST SAID. But you're too sloppy to get away with it.

Here are my two sentences:

"If it lines up perfectly with scripture, than it's a validation of the infallible scripture."

"I said that if something taught lines up with infallible scripture, then it validates the scripture."

They both say the exact same thing.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Luis De Alcazar is Tets mentor. (even though he's been dead for hundreds of years)
Tet has bought into the beliefs of a Catholic Priest and lives by it each
day. He may or may not go to confession, but he's still a Catholic at heart.

musterion

Here are my two sentences:

"If it lines up perfectly with scripture, than it's a validation of the infallible scripture."

"I said that if something taught lines up with infallible scripture, then it validates the scripture."

They both say the exact same thing.

Nope. You left out "perfectly" the second time around on purpose.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Nope. You left out "perfectly" the second time around on purpose.

So what? And it wasn't on purpose.

They still say the same thing.

The only thing you are interested in is trying to get me in a "gotcha"

You twist everything I say hoping I'll contradict myself somewhere.

Why don't you try actually discussing the topic of the thread you started instead of trying to make the topic all about me?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't divide the post-cross NT into two gospels like you Darby Followers do.

Therefore, I'm fine with 1 Peter 3:15 being for Christians today.

GM comes across as a hypocrite by claiming 1 Peter 3:15 was for kingdom believers, while claiming to only follow Paul's gospel, and then using 1 Peter 3:15 today when he demands someone give their testimony.

Luis De Alcazar the Catholic Jesuit Priest has led you astray Tet.

musterion

Another snapshot of Spanky in action.

rocky4dead.JPG