Does Luke 19:44 disprove Preterism?

john w

Hall of Fame
"Jesus never physically returned, and never will physically return to planet earth after He ascended to Heaven"-Preterist deceiver Tet.

Tet: But everyone saw this un-physical Saviour, you see, well, uh, urr....Darby....You are in denial....I was a dispensationalist for 27 years....Flavey Joe says....Wiki says........Darby....

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Prodigies had occurred, but their expiation by the offering of victims or solemn vows is held to be unlawful by a nation which is the slave of superstition and the enemy of true beliefs. In the sky appeared a vision of armies in conflict, of glittering armour. A sudden lightning flash from the clouds lit up the Temple. The doors of the holy place abruptly opened, a superhuman voice was heard to declare that the gods were leaving it, and in the same instant came the rushing tumult of their departure." - Tacitus (A.D. 115),Histories, Book 5, v. 13

That's got to be made up.
The glory left the temple in the prophecies of Ezekiel and left the land from the Mt of Olives and hasn't been back since except in the veiled form of the the Lord Jesus, who by the way, left from the same place.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This generation

The generation which witnesses the fig tree putting forth his leaves

If it wasn't the generation of Jesus' contemporaries, then the proper English would be "that generation".

Every time Jesus used the words "this generation" in the gospels, He specifically referred to the generation of His contemporaries.

john w

Hall of Fame
I can defend Preterism solely with the Bible.

Save it, habitual liar-no you can't. Go on record, punk, and tell us that you learned Preterism/AD 70-ism, just by reading, studying the bible, and that no one taught it to you. Go ahead, punk.

He won't. And he won't address this:

Still waiting, for over 2 years, perveter Tellalie:

It is undisputed, that you "invented" this satanic "doctrine:"

-That the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled the law, the law that he never taught,

-People are brought to Christ, in the past, and now, by being taught the law, by the Levites, by Christ rejecting Jews, and not by the LORD God, who,by definition, is the Lord Jesus Christ,

-That the Lord Jesus Christ lost His "flesh and bone" body, upon ascending to heaven, and thus is not a man today, is just some "disembodied spirit," and thus is not the mediator between God and man,

-That there is no redemption of the body,the adoption, promised to members of the boc, thus perverting the gospel of Christ, 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV...

-That the Roman army in AD 70, was the second coming, "the second time," and that the Roman army was looking for the return of the Saviour, for their salvation, as you assert...

And you cannot provide anyone, on record, that ever taught this satanic "doctrine" of yours, before you did.

Right Craigie pie?

Not a peep.

Show us some documentation, Craigie, re. this "The Roman army in 70 AD" was the second coming. Show us others teaching that, before you. Show us the books, from which you plagiarized that, devil boy.

I thought so. Craigie suffers another "death knell!!!!"

Tell us where you learned this "Roman army was the second coming in AD 70" "invention," Craigie.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why do you keep ignoring post 147 HERE

Show us, given your satanic assertion that the Roman army in AD 70, was the second coming, "the second time," that the Roman army was looking for the return of the Saviour, for their salvation, as you assert...

john w

Hall of Fame
If it wasn't the generation of Jesus' contemporaries, then the proper English would be "that generation".

Every time Jesus used the words "this generation" in the gospels, He specifically referred to the generation of His contemporaries.

Vs. "Spelling was never one of my strong points..."-Craigie

Fold, you deceiving punk, as you have "deuce seven" in craigie Fold 'Em.

Clown.

And get a job, instead of spending 15 hours/day on TOL, satisfying your obsession.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The glory left the temple in the prophecies of Ezekiel and left the land from the Mt of Olives and hasn't been back since except in the veiled form of the the Lord Jesus, who by the way, left from the same place.

(Isaiah 66:6) Hear that uproar from the city,
hear that noise from the temple!
It is the sound of the Lord
repaying his enemies all they deserve.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You're a Zionist, maybe something from the Jerusalem Talmud will convince you.

Forty years before the destruction of the Temple, the western light went out, the crimson thread remained crimson, and the lot for the Lord always came up in the left hand. They would close the gates of the Temple by night and get up in the morning and find them wide open”
- Jacob Neusner, The Yerushalmi, p.156-157

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
(Isaiah 66:6) Hear that uproar from the city,
hear that noise from the temple!
It is the sound of the Lord
repaying his enemies all they deserve.

That's a bit mixed up.

Isaiah 66 is about when God is re-gathering Israel in the last days....something you must deny.

"....repaying His enemies...."

God is going to fight against those who come up with antichrist

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
steko,

Maybe you prefer the Babylonian Talmud:

“Our rabbis taught: During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot ‘For the Lord’ did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-colored strap become white; nor did the western most light shine; and the doors of the Hekel [Temple] would open by themselves” - Soncino version, Yoma 39b

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why didn't the crimson strap turn white from 30AD to 40AD?

The Talmud tells us the following about the crimson strap:

“How do we know that a crimson-colored strap is tied to the head of the goat that is sent to [the wilderness]? Because it is said, ‘If your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow’ (Isa. 1:18). By a miracle, this crimson-colored strap turned white, thus showing the people the people that they were forgiven of their sins. Rabbi Ishmael says, ‘Now did they not have any other sign? There was a crimson thread tied to the door of the sanctuary. When the goat had reached the wilderness, the thread would turn white…'”
- Tractate Shabbat Folio 86a

So, as we see each year up to 30AD, the crimson colored strap would turn white once the goat reached the wilderness.

From 30AD to 70AD (the destruction of the temple), the crimson strap never turned white.

That's because the ritual was no longer acceptable to God because Christ Jesus was now the acceptable sacrifice.

(Heb 9:12) Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
steko,

Maybe you prefer the Babylonian Talmud:

“Our rabbis taught: During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot ‘For the Lord’ did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-colored strap become white; nor did the western most light shine; and the doors of the Hekel [Temple] would open by themselves” - Soncino version, Yoma 39b

It's best to stick with the inspired word of God. You rely too much
on the writings of uninspired men of that time. I doubt your willingness
to trust in the Bible alone.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's best to stick with the inspired word of God. You rely too much
on the writings of uninspired men of that time. I doubt your willingness
to trust in the Bible alone.

When I rely on the inspired word of God, you Darby Followers try to tell me how "this", "near", "soon", "these last days", "end of the ages", "the time is near", etc. don't really mean what they say.

So, I have to prove you wrong with historical facts.

If you guys would just believe what those words in the Bible say, I wouldn't have to do this.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When I rely on the inspired word of God, you Darby Followers try to tell me how "this", "near", "soon", "these last days", "end of the ages", "the time is near", etc. don't really mean what they say.

So, I have to prove you wrong with historical facts.

If you guys would just believe what those words in the Bible say, I wouldn't have to do this.

Why do you have to do it anyway?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I highly doubt you'll be able to gain any converts to your Preterist views anyway
TeT. So, why are you working so hard to tell everyone else they're wrong? Your
belief system is false. I guess you're just another cultist?