Does Everyone Agree with Bob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickwoman

Agree? No.

Agree? No.

Here's what I see. And forgive me if I'm repetitive as I've not read every single reply.

The message of the Buddha is universal. When you hear it, really listening, you think to yoursef "of course". It's so very simple like something you knew but forgot. It's not objectionable because it doesn't target certain groups as "sinful" or unworthy of unconditional love. Everyone is included. It's not in opposition to nature - it IS nature. It is the innate wisdom available to all man/womankind.

Jesus's message is not actually what Bob is speaking of. What makes people angry is Christian dogma, doctrine and exclusivity. The actual idea that creator is angry at his creation for being what he created doesn't make sense. Nor does it make sense that this creator would require someone to be tortured and die so that he can forgive us for being as he made us.

So yes the typical Christian message makes most sane people angry because they have not been conditioned to live in opposite world where many Christians reside.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
(emphasis added)
Okay, hold on. You haven't been treated so obnoxiously by someone pitching their religion that it made you angry in years...and yet you're comfortable assuming that anyone speaking angrily about Christians proselytizing must have had a similar experience?

Why else would anyone speak angrily about christians proselytizing, or for that matter, anyone?

I would assume the person is probably angry for some other reason

That's simple MC, you would, you are one of them!

, as my (your) experience indicates to me (you) that it happens very rarely. So why this assumption that's so contrary to your own experience?

If rarely creates anger, then often would produce rage. Its a good thing he experienced it rarely!

I placed a shrine to Ceridwen and Cernunos on either side of my drive and that seems to redirect those that wish to proselytize. Simple solution!

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
Here's what I see. And forgive me if I'm repetitive as I've not read every single reply.

The message of the Buddha is universal. When you hear it, really listening, you think to yoursef "of course". It's so very simple like something you knew but forgot. It's not objectionable because it doesn't target certain groups as "sinful" or unworthy of unconditional love. Everyone is included. It's not in opposition to nature - it IS nature. It is the innate wisdom available to all man/womankind.

Jesus's message is not actually what Bob is speaking of. What makes people angry is Christian dogma, doctrine and exclusivity. The actual idea that creator is angry at his creation for being what he created doesn't make sense. Nor does it make sense that this creator would require someone to be tortured and die so that he can forgive us for being as he made us.

So yes the typical Christian message makes most sane people angry because they have not been conditioned to live in opposite world where many Christians reside.

:thumb:

"The actual idea that creator is angry at his creation for being what he created doesn't make sense. Nor does it make sense that this creator would require someone to be tortured and die so that he can forgive us for being as he made us."

Strange thought pattern going there. I could almost understand some people feeling that they where not worthy of Gods' love therefore they must be punished (psychiatric disorders) in order to purify themselves, but, why the need of killing himself (trinity) in order to forgive his other children?

Vendergood

Any suggestions on how to share the Good News with others less obnoxiously? Bearing in mind what Christians believe, of course. That this Good News can bring one into a personal and eternal relationship with God Himself and save one from hell as well.

The Good News is: I'm going to Hell.

Vendergood

I don't think it's irrelevant. I think it's the most important thing about you.

You don't have to be a perverted freak, you know? :)

Knowing that is working for me. :up:

More Christian pastors have been perverted freaks than idle atheists.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:confused:

I think you need to go rephrase that. It makes no sense.

On second thoughts maybe you should just go. :wave2:

Persephone66

BANNED
Banned

Well yeah, but that really annoys people when you mention that here.

And Stripe is starting to give me the impression that he obsesses at least a little over what he considers to be my perversion. Which is kinda creepy.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well yeah, but that really annoys people when you mention that here.

Yeah, lies are generally frowned upon around here. :up:

And Stripe is starting to give me the impression that he obsesses at least a little over what he considers to be my perversion. Which is kinda creepy.

You think attention from a boy might be creepy!? :shocked:

Maybe there is hope for you... :think:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You are an idiot. He is angry with the wicked, for using the will he gave them to be wicked.

You don't like the Christian message because you hate God. The idea that the creator seeks justice, makes no sense. And you don't want to hear. Wormtongue appeals to you, not the truth.

Your words.

Flipper

Does Everyone Agree with Bob?

This is the show from Tuesday July 28th, 2009.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

If you tell [people] about Buddha they don't get upset. If you tell them about Jesus Christ they get angry. So that's a sign to us, that's a clue that Christianity is true and Buddhism is false.
/QUOTE]

People who claim the Holocaust never happened make people angry. Is that a clue that Holocaust revisionism might be true?

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
The actual idea that creator is angry at his creation for being what he created doesn't make sense. Nor does it make sense that this creator would require someone to be tortured and die so that he can forgive us for being as he made us.
How can you see a conflict between the ideas that God created us to be as we are and God being angry with us for being as we are and not consider maybe, perhaps, possibly one of those two points is wrong?

It honestly hasn't ever occurred to you that there's conflict between these two ideas because one was wrong? You haven't seen these two points addressed time and again around here?

Really. I doubt that. I flatly doubt this hasn't occurred to you. And even failing that, that you've never encountered anything that made more sense than this. Good grief, one of the main reasons we experience incredulity in the first place is so that we can reexamine whatever has caused it.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Why else would anyone speak angrily about christians proselytizing, or for that matter, anyone?
Lots of reasons. :idunno:
That's simple MC, you would, you are one of them!
Try to keep up with the conversation, if you're going to inject your opinion into it.
If rarely creates anger, then often would produce rage. Its a good thing he experienced it rarely!
Again, try to keep up with the convo or go sit at the kiddie table. This doesn't address why one who'd experience behavior tempting him to anger from a certain group only one time in years would assume that to be the norm for everyone else.

wickwoman

How can you see a conflict between the ideas that God created us to be as we are and God being angry with us for being as we are and not consider maybe, perhaps, possibly one of those two points is wrong?

It honestly hasn't ever occurred to you that there's conflict between these two ideas because one was wrong? You haven't seen these two points addressed time and again around here?

Really. I doubt that. I flatly doubt this hasn't occurred to you. And even failing that, that you've never encountered anything that made more sense than this. Good grief, one of the main reasons we experience incredulity in the first place is so that we can reexamine whatever has caused it.

Hello MaryContrary:

You seem to know so much about a person with whom your only relationship is having conversed over the Internet. My thought, if you are truly interested, is this: if a potter makes a pot with a bubble in it and it cracks soon after completion, who made the mistake? The potter or the pot? IF man failed it was because of an innate flaw in his nature. So either man wasn't perfectly made or he was. If he wasn't then the creator is equally flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.