Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

SimpleMan77

And who are the appointed?

Jesus claims to be the savior of the world.

"I came not to judge the world but TO SAVE THE WORLD" John 12:47.

The Bible teaches that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

Provided, just like I provided for all the people I invited to a cookout. Some came, and ate. Some said they were coming, and didn't. Others never responded, but I provided anyway, hoping they'd come.

Only one group are the food.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Genesis 3:15 KJV
(15) And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Was this for all mankind, or only some of mankind?

beloved57

And who are the appointed?

Jesus claims to be the savior of the world.

"I came not to judge the world but TO SAVE THE WORLD" John 12:47.

The Bible teaches that salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

You teach that sinners Christ died for, came to Save, still wind up lost in their sins anyways! That means you teach Christ death was ineffectual!

SimpleMan77

You teach that sinners Christ died for, came to Save, still wind up lost in their sins anyways! That means you teach Christ death was ineffectual!

Unfortunately it's true that some people will never reap anything but condemnation from the death of Jesus because they reject it.

Grace (first appearance) built a boat. It was life to all who CHOSE to believe...

Robert Pate

Banned
If, by saying "you and you alone are responsible for your salvation" he means that someone can do enough good works or works of the Mosaic Law to save themselves, I utterly repudiate it.

However, this is the biblical view (copied from my earlier post):

The human race, collectively and individually, is in a free-fall toward hell.

Along comes Jesus and holds out His hand, and says "if you'll take my hand I'll rescue and save you".

Some reach up and take his hand, and forever are in awe of His grace and mercy. They never are tempted to think that their response is "earning salvation through works".

Other wax philosophical, and say "it cannot be a requirement to take His hand, because that requires a work and would encourage boasting".

It is plain foolishness to think that you don't have to respond to the Gospel and that you will be saved.

Rosenritter

Don't you teach that sinners Christ died for are going to perish in their sins anyways?

Didn't Jesus teach that the seed which is thrown onto stony ground, onto brambles, and onto sunny ground all perished, and did not prosper to bring forth much fruit? Wasn't the seed that was cast the word of God? If you understand not this parable, how will you understand any parable?

Mark 4:13-20 KJV
(13) And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
(14) The sower soweth the word.
(15) And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
(16) And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
(17) And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
(18) And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
(19) And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
(20) And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.

Yes, people that Jesus died for will perish in their sins. People to whom the gospel is preached will not endure. People that receive and embrace the truth (a process which you say is impossible with direct divine intervention) will fall by the wayside and turn back. Have you ever read the scripture?

Or would you rather rant and pout about how the word of Jesus is "ineffectual?"

marhig

rosenritter

You render Christ's death ineffectual. Thats antichrist !
Antichrist is not living by the will of God but by the lusts of our flesh and not obeying God as Jesus taught, knowing the truth and not living by it. If we don't follow the teachings of Jesus and we deny him then we are anti Christ!

beloved57

Antichrist is not living by the will of God but by the lusts of our flesh and not obeying God as Jesus taught, knowing the truth and not living by it. If we don't follow the teachings of Jesus and we deny him then we are anti Christ!

Antichrist is any teaching that denies the success of the Person and Work of Jesus Christ. If you believe Christ death didnt save them He died for, thats against Christ. BTW such denial indicates that one is living in the lust of their flesh !

marhig

Antichrist is any teaching that denies the success of the Person and Work of Jesus Christ. If you believe Christ death didnt save them He died for, thats against Christ. BTW such denial indicates that one is living in the lust of their flesh !

Show me where it says that in the Bible? About the death of Jesus saving them I mean

marhig

Living by the lusts of the flesh is living by our own will. To deny Jesus is to deny his teachings. Jesus had finished the work that the father had given him to do before he went on the cross. And that was to bare witness to the truth and share the gospel to bring the word of God to all hoping to save many as he can.

All that you talk about is the death of Jesus, what about his life?

It's all death death death and Jesus dying for you, how about you dying for Jesus' sake?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Christ's death is sufficient to save the world, but does not do so outside of a response from us.

It's astounding how incapable yall are of seeing the plain contradiction of that statement :rolleyes:

God isn't dangling salvation over everyone's head and having them jump for it. In reality, it's plain ludicrous to hinge eternal fate based on such a frivolous thing.

Through God's sovereignty, he binds and loosens the Kingdom according as His providence ordains. Yall have managed to abandon such a fundamental thing to credit yourself for choosing God but you didn't really have much to do with it- your self righteousness simply deludes you.

beloved57

Living by the lusts of the flesh is living by our own will. To deny Jesus is to deny his teachings. Jesus had finished the work that the father had given him to do before he went on the cross. And that was to bare witness to the truth and share the gospel to bring the word of God to all hoping to save many as he can.

It's all death death death and Jesus dying for you, how about you dying for Jesus' sake?

Denying the saving death of Christ is living according to the flesh ! No one under the influence of the Spirit of God would dare do such a thing as that !

beloved57

mar

His Life makes those He represented Righteous Rom 5:19

[FONT=&quot]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

​Christ's obedience to the preceptive law of God all the while He lived here in the flesh, has been imputed to them the many, it makes them righteous ! Glad you asked ![/FONT]