Does a Jew need to prove that he is a Jew? Answer: No.

musterion

beast_worship.jpg

musterion

Take a look at that last picture. Hadn't seen that one before. Only two ways to take it, neither one good. Either they're bowing to a statue of a dead man, a pope, as if it is him...or they're praying to him using this image to help focus their minds on him.

Either way, they are clearly praying to a dead man and that's idolatry.

glassjester

Take a look at that last picture. Hadn't seen that one before. Only two ways to take it, neither one good. Either they're bowing to a statue of a dead man, a pope, as if it is him...or they're praying to him using this image to help focus their minds on him.

Either way, they are clearly praying to a dead man and that's idolatry.

They could be asking for him to pray for them, no?

Danoh

They could be asking for him to pray for them, no?

Within Pagan worship, yes.

Acts 17:16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry. 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. 17:23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Within Bible based Christianity, no...

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Danoh

Do you pray for others?

Quit with the open ended ignorance, already.

2 Corinthians 12:8 For this thing I besought THE LORD thrice, that it might depart from me.

Ephesians 3:14 For this cause I bow my knees UNTO THE FATHER of our Lord Jesus Christ,

Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart TO THE LORD; 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things UNTO GOD and the Father IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST;

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known UNTO GOD.

glassjester

Quit with the open ended ignorance, already.

Simple question. Do you pray for others?

I do. And I consider it safe to assume that you do.
So does my (or your) praying for others, in any way, diminish the status of Christ as Mediator?

No. No, it doesn't.

So we can pray for one another, while Christ remains the Mediator between God and men. Do you agree?

Danoh

Simple question. Do you pray for others?

I do. And I consider it safe to assume that you do.
So does my (or your) praying for others, in any way, diminish the status of Christ as Mediator?

No. No, it doesn't.

So we can pray for one another, while Christ remains the Mediator between God and men. Do you agree?

State your case, already.

For thus far it continually appears you are merely attempting to bait some sort of a concession you might then use as a platform on which to somehow prove valid your false positive about praying to idols.

glassjester

State your case, already.

For thus far it continually appears you are merely attempting to bait some sort of a concession you might then use as a platform on which to somehow prove valid your false positive about praying to idols.

Can we pray for one another without diminishing Christ's status as Mediator? It's yes or no, man.

Danoh

Can we pray for one another without diminishing Christ's status as Mediator? It's yes or no, man.

He IS the VERY Mediator the SAVED person is to pray for others IN the Name OF.

Now quit trying to prove some sort of a case for dancing around that in favor of your PAGAN notions.

Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart TO THE LORD; 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things UNTO GOD and the Father IN THE NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST;

YOU are in VERY poor company....

Acts 5:40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should NOT speak IN THE NAME OF Jesus, and let them go.

clefty

So I can ask others to pray for me. Great.

Can the saints in Heaven still pray?

Nope...they are dead...

Like the deaf and dumb wood and stone used to pray through to the one depicted...

Like that golden calf they thought depicted the One who saved them

clefty

You do not believe in an afterlife, then? Perhaps Danoh does.

Sure I do...come resurrection...access to the tree of life for glorified physical bodies will be restored...until then we be as He said His dead friend Lazarus was...ASLEEP...and not on Abraham’s bosom...

glassjester

Sure I do...come resurrection

Paul seems to disagree.

Philippians 1:22-24 - But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.

clefty

Paul seems to disagree.

Philippians 1:22-24 - But if I am to live on in the flesh, this will mean fruitful labor for me; and I do not know which to choose. But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; yet to remain on in the flesh is more necessary for your sake.

It do seems like...

But Paul knows for sure when he will be with Christ...as he wrote Timothy:

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth, there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing” (II Tim. 4:6-8

And to the Corinthians

“In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.“

That day that moment does not occur at our death but at His appearing... His return...

Yes better to depart and be with Him...finally

Danoh

So I can ask others to pray for me. Great.

Can the saints in Heaven still pray?

I've already noted that you are merely attempting to build a case for this PAGAN tradition of yours.

See, that is your problem - you are attempting to reason from within the PAGAN BASED context that is CLEARLY YOUR learned tradition.

Rom. 5:6-8 is more than enough of an intercession "for us sinners..."