Do you think we will ever see this happen?

TracerBullet

Really? If I have an orientation towards killing others, that's not behavior? If I have an orientation to abuse little children, is that not a behavior? One's skin color is not an orientation. Even heterosexuality is an orientation.
Orientation and behavior are not the same thing. One is something you do the other is who you are.

Christianity teaches that it is the only correct sexual orientation. Neither homosexuals nor heterosexuals are forced to engage in sexual activity. One can decide to abstain. One cannot abstain from being black. The categories just don't mix.
And racists are happy to point out that blacks could decide to act as social inferiors to whites as directed to by God's word.

That aside you are misdirecting from the original point. You are claiming that it is fine and good for a business owner who, because of their firmly held beliefs to refuse to serve a specific minority. Yet you squirm when examples of a business owner who, because of their firmly held beliefs to refuse to serve a different minority.

In addition, being black does not necessitate any specific activity.
Neither does being straight

Your assumed ability to read the mind of someone who disagrees with you shows that the basis of your argument is far more emotional than logical. Why not take that statement to its logical conclusion? Do you want to be seen as morally superior to Hitler because you didn't attempt to commit genocide?
And here you abandon logic to engage in an emotional assault.

I am not defending genocide in any way. You however are defending discrimination against some minorities

To argue that one wants to feel morally superior mixes motives with objective right and wrong - or at least with the written law. Homosexuality is wrong. If something is wrong then to be against it is not the same thing as wanting to feel morally superior. It is simply a matter of whether one wants to support that which is contributing to moral anarchy.
As noted above racists feel racial equality is wrong but that doesn't stop you from feeling morally superior to racists does it?

nikolai_42

Orientation and behavior are not the same thing. One is something you do the other is who you are.

And racists are happy to point out that blacks could decide to act as social inferiors to whites as directed to by God's word.

That aside you are misdirecting from the original point. You are claiming that it is fine and good for a business owner who, because of their firmly held beliefs to refuse to serve a specific minority. Yet you squirm when examples of a business owner who, because of their firmly held beliefs to refuse to serve a different minority.

Neither does being straight

And here you abandon logic to engage in an emotional assault.

I am not defending genocide in any way. You however are defending discrimination against some minorities

As noted above racists feel racial equality is wrong but that doesn't stop you from feeling morally superior to racists does it?

When something or someone has its definition grounded in sexual activity, then it doesn't take much to conclude that this is a behavior. If I decline to engage in any sexual activity at all, then my supposed orientation or inclination is a non-issue (for a business).

If, on the other hand, something or someone has its definition grounded in a physical trait (e.g. skin color), then it is not a behavior.

Whether a minority or not, that is not the issue here. Trying to make the (faulty) comparison doesn't change that.

And my comments were not emotional - I was merely pointing out that you made an assumption and showed you how inconsistent you were being with trying to force that on the argument. An emotional argument to detract from the real issue. It was judgment - something you are arguing a business owner should not be able to engage in.

TracerBullet

When something or someone has its definition grounded in sexual activity, then it doesn't take much to conclude that this is a behavior.
it would but the definition of orientation isn't grounded in sexual activity. It does say a lot about you that you think it is however.

Sexual orientation refers to an individuals enduring pattern of emotional, romantic and/or sexual attractions to men, women or both sexes. (no activity necessary) Sexual orientation also refers to a person’s sense of identity based on those attractions, related behaviors and membership in a community of others who share those attractions.

If I decline to engage in any sexual activity at all, then my supposed orientation or inclination is a non-issue (for a business).
Just like it is a non issue if you happily engage in any sexual activity.

If, on the other hand, something or someone has its definition grounded in a physical trait (e.g. skin color), then it is not a behavior.
just like orientation

Whether a minority or not, that is not the issue here. Trying to make the (faulty) comparison doesn't change that.
Well like it or not homosexuals are a minority.

Not faulty at all.
On the one hand you have a business who refuses service to a minority based on the owners religious beliefs.
On the other hand you have a business who refuses service to a minority based on the owners religious beliefs.

Both businesses are doing exactly the same thing for the same reason.

And my comments were not emotional - I was merely pointing out that you made an assumption and showed you how inconsistent you were being with trying to force that on the argument. An emotional argument to detract from the real issue. It was judgment - something you are arguing a business owner should not be able to engage in.
Your claim that I somehow don't allow for business owners to make a judgement is emotional and a blatant lie. Of course business owners can and should make judgements, they do so thousands of times each day...but they don't have the right to discriminate against a minority.