DO YOU SIN

glorydaz

You're really going to call Paul an Atheist before he met the Almighty on the road to Damascus?

Replacement Theology is so frustrating.

Oh man... unsay it now!?!

Bluster thinks his words are better than those in the Bible. I'm surprised anyone manages to get saved with all these lousy translations. Maybe he and God's Untruth should write their own translation...then we could have a contest to see who the winner is. ;)

Truster

"And he said, Who art thou, Adonay? And the Lord said, I am Yah Shua whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks."

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
"And he said, Who art thou, Adonay? And the Lord said, I am Yah Shua whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks."

"Adonai". You do realize you're employing an Arian argument against the deity of Jesus to prove your point?

Truster

"Adonai". You do realize you're employing an Arian argument against the deity of Jesus to prove your point?

Adonay and adonai were one and the same the vowels being added in the Masoretic text between 600 to 800 AD. Adonay, adoni and adonim are are transliterated titles.

You accuse me wrongly and yet you use pagan terms of god, christ, jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you think that Peter was born of God before he sinned at that time?
Shalom.

That is a good question. Did he sin, and when was he born of God?

I have thought about when he was converted before, but it was likely not conversion. I am a Jew. I do not believe that Peter converted to be a Christian.

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

He asked you what you meant by repent.

Repent of sins. Don't you know what repent means?

Definition of repent

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/repent
intransitive verb
: to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life
a : to feel regret or contrition
b : to change one's mind
transitive verb
: to cause to feel regret or contrition
: to feel sorrow, regret, or contrition for
repenter noun

God's Truth

I guess that you think that He just forgot to mention that when He said this:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

You have to believe that you have to obey Jesus.

All the scriptures you find that say 'believe', those scriptures do not nullify the scriptures that say to obey, and I have given you many of them, but you do not address them directly.

God's Truth

In the state of un-regeneration there is nothing the guilty sinner can do except run and hide. The only people who do approach deity, through religion of any kind, are those who wish to seek a means by which they can atone for their sins. They try and make amends by works of the flesh and it avails them nothing, but self-justification and wrath.

What you say is not from God. Read this scripture about how people who do right they COME INTO THE LIGHT.

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

ClimateSanity

Definition of repent

intransitive verb
transitive verb
repenter noun
I know what the Bible means by repentance. We are asking you what you mean. You say it means repent of sins. What does that mean?

ClimateSanity

Definition of repent

intransitive verb
transitive verb
repenter noun
By the way, you gave the common modern understanding of repentance, not the biblical one.

God's Truth

Do you think that is what the Bible means when it says repent? I don't.

Paul did not come along and change the word of 'repent'.

Jesus, after he ascended into heaven taught repent of sins.

When Jesus walked the earth he says to repent of sins(Luke 13:5); Jesus says if you obey my teachings you will be saved (Matthew 6:14, Matthew 6:15, John 8:31, John 13:17, John 15:10, John 15:14).

In addition, the disciples after having received the Holy Spirit, they CONTINUED to preach that the people should believe AND REPENT of their sins and call on Jesus' name (Acts 2:38, Acts 5:31, Luke 24:47, Acts 3:19,) and, even PAUL HIMSELF PREACHED REPENT of SINS (Acts 17:30; Acts 20:21, Acts 26:20, 2 Corinthians 12:21 ).

When Jesus died, rose again, and ascended to heaven, he taught to obey and repent of sins, Revelation 3:3, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 2:5, Revelation 3:19, Revelation 9:20,21,Revelation 16:10, 11.