DO YOU SIN

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I've been called worse . . by YOU, missy.

Warriors can be ugly, too . . .

Yes, she has been vile but she gets so offended when she is viled.

And she calls everyone hypocrite when her opposers disagree with her.

what a hoot.

glorydaz

Specifically where, in Romans Chapter 7?

Paul is preaching about the purpose of the law to those who are under the law.

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Paul is certainly not carnal...sold under sin. He just got through telling us otherwise in chapter 6 and 8.

Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.​

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.​

Which is the natural state of all the sons of Adam. Even persons eventually saved by the grace and power of God, remain creatures of dust and retain sin in their "members."

Wretched? Those who have had the Love of God shed abroad on their hearts by the Holy Spirit are wretched? Those who have been bought with a price are wretched? Those who have been delivered from the law are wretched? Those who are created In Him as new creatures are wretched?

Wretched with anguish and exhaustion...trying to keep a law but always failing. Those are people who are under the law. Period. Not people who have been delivered from it's bondage.

Paul, who could do all things in Christ Jesus is the one who does what he hates in Romans 7?

Really? This is what happens when you just spit out what's been fed to you. I'm not buying what you're selling.

Romans 7:18-19 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

There isn't on mention of the Holy Spirit in Romans 7.....that should be a clue.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

God's Truth

Paul is preaching about the purpose of the law to those who are under the law.

Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Paul is certainly not carnal...sold under sin. He just got through telling us otherwise in chapter 6 and 8.

Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.​

Romans 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.​

Wretched? Those who have had the Love of God shed abroad on their hearts by the Holy Spirit are wretched? Those who have been bought with a price are wretched? Those who have been delivered from the law are wretched? Those who are created In Him as new creatures are wretched?

Wretched with anguish and exhaustion...trying to keep a law but always failing. Those are people who are under the law. Period. Not people who have been delivered from it's bondage.

Paul, who could do all things in Christ Jesus is the one who does what he hates in Romans 7?

Really? This is what happens when you just spit out what's been fed to you. I'm not buying what you're selling.

Romans 7:18-19 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

There isn't on mention of the Holy Spirit in Romans 7.....that should be a clue.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Obeying Jesus' teachings are powerful and joy giving. Paul teaches many things too, through the Holy Spirit. How do you EVER get that obeying Jesus' words would make one wretched with anguish and exhaustion?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Why is there a command in the Bible to stop sinning if it is impossible to do? I do not believe that it is impossible to stop sinning. If you are sinning you should stop. Stop sinning.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jerry Shugart

You do not understand that scripture. John is speaking about if you never admitted to being a sinner, you can't be saved, for one most repent of their sins, or you are not saved...the truth is not in you.

The following words of John are addressed to those who are already saved:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

Have you sinned since you have been saved?

Jerry Shugart

Why is there a command in the Bible to stop sinning if it is impossible to do?

No one says that it is impossible. But we know that Christians do sins or else why does John say this to Christians?:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No one says that it is impossible. But we know that Christians do sins or else why does John say this to Christians?:

Shalom.

Is this when someone comes to Christ?

Shalom.

Jacob

God's Truth

The following words of John are addressed to those who are already saved:
Read the scripture right before that one:

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Did you read how he says there is NO TRUTH in us?

That is about people who claim to be saved but who never repented of their sins because they said they did not have sins.

Have you sinned since you have been saved?

That scripture proves we have to repent of sins to be saved.