ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

john w

Hall of Fame
The apostles healed the sick and raised the dead, that also is good enough for me

You changed your "argument" again:

Literal....figurative...literal......

"The figure of speech ellipsis (intentional omission of a word or words, the intent is that we look closer at that passage to see God's intent) is an important factor in rightly dividing Mark 16:18, as a figure of speech, the passage is no longer a literal passage, but figurative"- oatmeal

You changed your "argument," as prior, you asserted that it was literal, when I challenged you on it:

“Originally Posted by oatmeal
So what do you think you know about being spiritually minded.

The apostles spoke in tongues on the day of Pentecost.

Do you?I am, also.

God is the Holy Spirit.

God is holy. Do you need a scriptural reference for that?

God is spirit. John 4:24

There fore God is the Holy Spirit.

That is another name or title in a long list of names/titles/descriptions that God has given us to know more about him.

The Holy Spirit is not a third member of some spiritual menage a trinity.

Oatmeal”

“Well John,

Glad to see I got your attention.

Do you speak in tongues? the apostle Paul did. Peter did. the other eleven apostles did.

As far as I am concerned, "if it is good enough for the apostles, it is good enough for me"-oatmel"The apostles spoke in tongues on the day of Pentecost.Do you?"-oatmush

“Show us your satanic tongue babbling.

The 12 apostles also were told to raise the dead, including Judas. Paul raised the dead. Do you? How are you doing on that? I thought so.

Peter also had "the word of knowledge"(1 Cor. 12:8 KJV, 1 Cor. 13:8 KJV) in Acts 5. Do you? You have that? Pat Roberston taught you that, did he?

The Lord Jesus Christ never spoke in tongues.

So there. See-I can play sophistry also. Stick to the topic, Christ rejecter, and cease from the bait'nswitch technique.”-John W

“Well, come to my home Bible study, if you want to see speaking in tongues as taught in the scripture. You'll be blessed to see the power of God in manifestation.

So, you say satanic, is that what Jesus Christ said it was?

Mark 16:17

He said it was a sign that follows those that believe. You say it is satanic.

Well you do handle scripture like you handled my name.

End of story.

Oatmeal”

http://ns2.truthsmack.com/forums/sho...t=79616&page=8

... and ff.

And now, it's back to literal:

The apostles healed the sick and raised the dead, that also is good enough for me-you

That is real slick. sport. Slick as an eel, serpent.........

musterion

th

GIVE HIM PRA-YUZ AND GLO-REH!

oatmeal

Why aren't you doing it? Why are you limiting God, since you claim its all for you, why do you only do one part? Do you not have enough faith?

Scriptures says I can do it, I believe scriptures are true, therefore I can do it.

Believing scripture was good enough for apostles and disciples, it is good enough for me.

oatmeal

You changed your "argument" again:

Literal....figurative...literal......

"The figure of speech ellipsis (intentional omission of a word or words, the intent is that we look closer at that passage to see God's intent) is an important factor in rightly dividing Mark 16:18, as a figure of speech, the passage is no longer a literal passage, but figurative"- oatmeal

You changed your "argument," as prior, you asserted that it was literal, when I challenged you on it:

“Originally Posted by oatmeal
So what do you think you know about being spiritually minded.

The apostles spoke in tongues on the day of Pentecost.

Do you?I am, also.

God is the Holy Spirit.

God is holy. Do you need a scriptural reference for that?

God is spirit. John 4:24

There fore God is the Holy Spirit.

That is another name or title in a long list of names/titles/descriptions that God has given us to know more about him.

The Holy Spirit is not a third member of some spiritual menage a trinity.

Oatmeal”

“Well John,

Glad to see I got your attention.

Do you speak in tongues? the apostle Paul did. Peter did. the other eleven apostles did.

As far as I am concerned, "if it is good enough for the apostles, it is good enough for me"-oatmel"The apostles spoke in tongues on the day of Pentecost.Do you?"-oatmush

“Show us your satanic tongue babbling.

The 12 apostles also were told to raise the dead, including Judas. Paul raised the dead. Do you? How are you doing on that? I thought so.

Peter also had "the word of knowledge"(1 Cor. 12:8 KJV, 1 Cor. 13:8 KJV) in Acts 5. Do you? You have that? Pat Roberston taught you that, did he?

The Lord Jesus Christ never spoke in tongues.

So there. See-I can play sophistry also. Stick to the topic, Christ rejecter, and cease from the bait'nswitch technique.”-John W

“Well, come to my home Bible study, if you want to see speaking in tongues as taught in the scripture. You'll be blessed to see the power of God in manifestation.

So, you say satanic, is that what Jesus Christ said it was?

Mark 16:17

He said it was a sign that follows those that believe. You say it is satanic.

Well you do handle scripture like you handled my name.

End of story.

Oatmeal”

http://ns2.truthsmack.com/forums/sho...t=79616&page=8

... and ff.

And now, it's back to literal:

The apostles healed the sick and raised the dead, that also is good enough for me-you

That is real slick. sport. Slick as an eel, serpent.........

Keep typing John, I am sure God will change His word to accomadate your mockery of His words.

John,

you actually think I read your trash, your attempts to trash God's word?

I read and believe scripture,

you should try it someday.

musterion

Keep typing John, I am sure God will change His word to accomadate your mockery of His words.

John,

Translation:

I am ahoist on the petard of my own prior words, so I disregard your trash, which consists largely of my own quotes, you mean unbelieving unbeliever.

Sincerely, and nyah-nyah,

pookeepoo out,

Oatie

john w

Hall of Fame
Scriptures says I can do it, I believe scriptures are true, therefore I can do it.

Believing scripture was good enough for apostles and disciples, it is good enough for me.

It's not a question, Chip, of whether you can do it. Do it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No.

The message of Gods grace went first to the Jews who became the foundation members of the Body of Christ.

Pauls message was that believers of all nations can be included into that one Body of Christ.

Eph 2:11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—
Eph 2:12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
Eph 2:15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
Eph 2:16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
Eph 2:17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
Eph 2:18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
Eph 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, Eph 2:21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
Eph 2:22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

LA

You're a man of few "word."

john w

Hall of Fame

John,

Stumped me there.

Scammer...Mark 16 literal("good enough for...")...No....no longer literal....No, literal("good enough for")

Face you, Monty.

three-card-monte.jpg

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hi , and I see that you like MAKE up your theology as you are DREAMING .

In Christ we are a NEW MAN Eph 2:15 , so where does Christ as the Head of the Body and we as the Members , does Christ call Himself a SHEEP ?

More theology made up , like the RCC , Bow WOW !!:darwinsm::darwinsm:

DAN P

LazyA is quite a character, huh?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're a man of few "word."

You can not refute the Word--

The message of Gods grace went first to the Jews who became the foundation members of the Body of Christ.

Pauls message was that believers of all nations can be included into that one Body of Christ.

Eph 2:11 Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands—
Eph 2:12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation,
Eph 2:15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,
Eph 2:16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
Eph 2:17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near.
Eph 2:18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
Eph 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, Eph 2:21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord,
Eph 2:22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi , and I see that you like MAKE up your theology as you are DREAMING .

In Christ we are a NEW MAN Eph 2:15 , so where does Christ as the Head of the Body and we as the Members , does Christ call Himself a SHEEP ?

More theology made up , like the RCC , Bow WOW !!:darwinsm::darwinsm:

DAN P

Christ is the shepherd of the sheep.

You are not one of them, or you would know that.

Joh 10:11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why aren't you doing it? Why are you limiting God, since you claim its all for you, why do you only do one part? Do you not have enough faith?

You do not believe these words either--

Mar 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Mar 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Do you believe anything Jesus said?

LA