ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

Aimiel

Those are the "super natural" gifts of prophecv, tongues, knowledge. For eg., you assert "'knowledge about' Him. No, obviously, "knowledge" will not cease, but this is not refrencing knowledge about God, but the super natural gift of the word of knowledge, that Peter demonstrated in Acts 5.

1 Corinthians 12:8 KJV
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

The term "knowledge" in 1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV is referring to the same "word of knowledge" in 1 Corinthians 12:8 KJV.

If it were, the apostle would have made such abundantly clear. It is clear just as it is written. Your attempt at editing Scripture is noted. Not gonna' fly.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Actually those were the functions of the body of Christ in Corinth, all the gifts that were manifest in Jerusalem were being manifest Pauls assemblies.

Paul speaks of the body of Christ in no other way.

john w

Hall of Fame
If it were, the apostle would have made such abundantly clear. It is clear just as it is written. Your attempt at editing Scripture is noted. Not gonna' fly.

=assert/pound the podium/declare"victory"/return to stale sound byte echo chamber.

Impressive.

john w

Hall of Fame
If you don't believe God's promises, why call yourself, "Christian?"

False dichotomy-sophistry. Not all of the promises made in the bible, are directed towards you.

If you can't raise the dead, why call yourself, "Christian?"

If you don't believe the curses, and accept them, if you fail God, why call yourself, "Christian?"

See how that works, Bob the Builder?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Acts 5, and the inevitable consequences of failing to rightly divide the word of truth, per the 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV command:

Peter and “the 11” were promised by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26 KJV

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come." Jn. 16:13 KJV

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost." John 20:22 KJV

"He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given." Mt. 13:11 KJV

"Boot Camp" for 40 days, taught by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:... Acts 1:3 KJV

Realized at Pentecost:

"And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence." Acts 1:4-5 KJV

"And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:4 KJV

"This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear." Acts 2:32-33

"And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness." Acts 4:31 KJV

(vs. Paul's instruction in this dispensation: "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;..." Ephesians 5:18 KJV)

And this explains what was occurring in Acts 5 , i.e., how did Peter know?:

"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God. And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things. And the young men arose, wound him up, and carried him out, and buried him. And it was about the space of three hours after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in. And Peter answered unto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much? And she said, Yea, for so much. Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband. And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things. " Acts 5:1-11 KJV

Peter knew, from the miraculous gifts given by the Holy Spirit, "the power on high"(miraculous gifts, including healing, prophesying, tongues,"word of knowledge", raise the dead.......) he and others had received(as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ), that Ananias had "kept back part of the price of the land." This is "the word of knowledge" Paul references:

"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit." 1Cor. 12:8 KJV

"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." 1 Cor. 13:8 KJV(this "knowledge" here is the miraculous gift of the word of knowledge, that Peter had in Acts 5, and which Paul was referring to above; obviously, knowledge will not vanish away, but only the miraculous gift of knowledge).

Peter was carrying out the instructions given him by the Lord Jesus Christ "to a tee", through the miraculous spiritual gifts given through the Holy Spirit.

Can believers in this dispensation have the “power” Peter had in early Acts?

Oh, yes...watch the Pat Roberton/CBN circus act, " I see a man in Mayberry, NC., with a tumor being removed...Claim your miracle today!!!!..Pahraaaaaaaaaaaaaaayz Gaaaaaaaaaaawd."

Charlatans....We are not going back to Pentecost, despite protests to the contrary....It will come again, however, when the LORD God resumes the prophetic program, including the supernatural sign gifts.....mainly dealing with the nation Israel, who are a "sign people."

Jud 1:3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame
Jud 1:3 Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.

LA

Shut me down, stumped all of us there, with your typical "Spam a verse, and , 'presto,' that impresses all of TOL" MO.

All of TOL does not know how to react to such brilliance.

Aimiel

Not all of the promises made in the bible, are directed towards you.
Is there a chapter and verse you're referring to, so that I can know what promises God has made which I can't apply by faith?
If you can't raise the dead, why call yourself, "Christian?"
I agree! Every Christian should!
If you don't believe the curses, and accept them, if you fail God, why call yourself, "Christian?"
I don't know about you, but I've been redeemed from the curse.

oatmeal

"lord Jesus Christ."-oatmeal

"lord"

Sssssssssssssss...

Peekaboo...we see you...

Too bad you don't understand my scriptural rebuttal, due to that 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV/1 Cor. 2:14 KJV problem of yours.

Maybe you should get saved.

You and uberpod are buddies?

You learn scripture from him?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you don't believe God's promises, why call yourself, "Christian?"

According to your belief, we should all see paul and timothy as false teachers, who didn't have enough faith to be healed and for saying that the sick should go to the elders and ask for prayers instead of sending them to the one who had the gift of healing (and by going to them themselves)

oatmeal

So what happened here, Oats? Kind proves she didn't believe, right?

Dead people cannot believe, Psalm 6:5

That verse is probably in every Bible, for everyone to see and believe.

Hosea 4:6 Ignorance is not a virtue, I Corinthians 12:1;14:38

So, since I do not generally look at links, can you explain yerslf?

Aimiel

According to your belief, we should all see paul and timothy as false teachers, who didn't have enough faith to be healed and for saying that the sick should go to the elders and ask for prayers instead of sending them to the one who had the gift of healing (and by going to them themselves)
I've never said that anyone who isn't healed MUST be an un-believer. Those who speak against the promises presented in Scripture are anti-Christ. Those who believe God's Words defend The Bible, they don't attack those who believe in The Word of God.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I've never said that anyone who isn't healed MUST be an un-believer. Those who speak against the promises presented in Scripture are anti-Christ. Those who believe God's Words defend The Bible, they don't attack those who believe in The Word of God.

Yes those who misrepresent the word of God, should be spoken against. See all verses on false teachers.