Do You Know What Sin Is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Anything contrary to Gods Word. Whether it be thoughts, reasons, feelings,idea's. If it is contrary to Gods Word it is sin.

Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
(NKJ)

2 Cor 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Rom 3:20
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
(NKJ)

Gal 6:2-5
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For each one shall bear his own load.
(NKJ)

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
To many people think that the visible act is the sin. The sin is the state of mind you were in when you did the act. The act is only the evidence.

Matt 5:28
28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
(NKJ)

I Jn 3:15
15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
(NKJ)

I Jn 4:20-21
20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
(NKJ)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
To many people think that the visible act is the sin. The sin is the state of mind you were in when you did the act. The act is only the evidence.

Matt 5:28
28 "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
(NKJ)

I Jn 3:15
15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
(NKJ)

I Jn 4:20-21
20 If someone says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he has not seen?
21 And this commandment we have from Him: that he who loves God must love his brother also.
(NKJ)

Jesus standards are super high. that's why we should not be claiming to be sinless.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus standards are super high. that's why we should not be claiming to be sinless.

I said
That is true.

I Jn 1:8-10
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
(NKJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.