Do You Know What Sin Is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
SIN-Any Act oR Belief Contrary To Gods Word
Rom 6:12
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
Eph 2:2-3
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
James 1:13-15
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
Rom 7:5
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
Rom 7:8
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:17-18
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
1 Cor 10:12-14
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
Heb 12:1-2
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Col 3:1-2
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
Heb 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Rom 14:23
23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
Rom 10:8
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
John 16:8-9
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
1 Cor 15:56
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
James 4:17
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
Heb 10:26-29
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Rom 8:1-4
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Mark 7:20-23
20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
21 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
23 "All these evil things come from within and defile a man."
(NKJ)

xxx Sin is refered to as transgression of the law. Everything that comes out of Gods mouth is law. Whether it be the old testament law of sin and death. Or it be the new testament law of Christ. Some say sin is being outside the grace of God. We can do the right thing for the wrong reason and that is sin. We can do the wrong thing for the right reason and that is sin. But no matter how you personally want to define it. It is what will send us to hell. There are three types of sin. The kind that you dont have to repent of because if your walking in love, love will cover a multitude of sins. You need to find out what love is first.Then you have the sins that you must repent of or your not forgiven. And the third type, the unforgiveable sin blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. If you dont know what love is you cant walk in love. So every sin you do must be repented of. If you dont know who the Holy Spirit is you cant walk after the Spirit. Sin is not being in Gods will.

Anything not done in the Word of faith is sin.

(NKJ)

23 But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
(NKJ)

I Jn 1:4-10
4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
(NKJ)

2 Pet 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(NKJ)

These are the evidence of sin. But the true sin is a state of mind that allowed you to commit these acts.
Adultery,
fornication,
Homosexuality,
Lust,
uncleanness,
licentiousness
lasciviousness,
Idolatry,
witchcraft,
hatred,
variance,
emulations,
wrath,
strife,
seditions,
heresies,
Envyings,
murders,
drunkenness,
revellings,
effeminate,
abusers of themselves with mankind,
thieves,
covetous,
revilers,
extortioners
maliciousness
full of envy
bitter conflict
deceit,
malignity;
whisperers,
Backbiters,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
debating
arguing
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Without understanding,
covenantbreakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Three Types Of Sin

The ones you dont have to repent of.

1 Pet 4:8
8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins."
(NKJ)

The ones you must repent of.

9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
(NKJ)

And the unforgiveable sin. That it doesnt do any good to repent of.
Matt 12:31-32
31 "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.
32 "Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
SIN-Any Act oR Belief Contrary To Gods Word
Rom 6:12
12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts.
Eph 2:2-3
2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience,
3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
James 1:13-15
13 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.
14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.
15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
Rom 7:5
5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death.
Rom 7:8
8 But sin, taking opportunity by the commandment, produced in me all manner of evil desire. For apart from the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:17-18
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
1 Cor 10:12-14
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.
13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
14 Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry.
Heb 12:1-2
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Col 3:1-2
1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God.
2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
Heb 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Rom 10:8
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach):
John 16:8-9
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
1 Cor 15:56
56 The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
Heb 10:26-29
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Rom 8:1-4
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
Rom 13:8
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Mark 7:20-23
20 And He said, "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man.
21 "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22 "thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness.
23 "All these evil things come from within and defile a man."
(NKJ)

xxx Sin is refered to as transgression of the law. Everything that comes out of Gods mouth is law. Whether it be the old testament law of sin and death. Or it be the new testament law of Christ. Some say sin is being outside the grace of God. We can do the right thing for the wrong reason and that is sin. We can do the wrong thing for the right reason and that is sin. But no matter how you personally want to define it. It is what will send us to hell. There are three types of sin. The kind that you dont have to repent of because if your walking in love, love will cover a multitude of sins. You need to find out what love is first.Then you have the sins that you must repent of or your not forgiven. And the third type, the unforgiveable sin blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. If you dont know what love is you cant walk in love. So every sin you do must be repented of. If you dont know who the Holy Spirit is you cant walk after the Spirit. Sin is not being in Gods will.

Anything not done in the Word of faith is sin.

(NKJ)

(NKJ)

I Jn 1:4-10
4 And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
(NKJ)

(NKJ)

These are the evidence of sin. But the true sin is a state of mind that allowed you to commit these acts.
Adultery,
fornication,
Homosexuality,
Lust,
uncleanness,
licentiousness
lasciviousness,
Idolatry,
witchcraft,
hatred,
variance,
emulations,
wrath,
strife,
seditions,
heresies,
Envyings,
murders,
drunkenness,
revellings,
effeminate,
abusers of themselves with mankind,
thieves,
covetous,
revilers,
extortioners
maliciousness
full of envy
bitter conflict
deceit,
malignity;
whisperers,
Backbiters,
despiteful,
proud,
boasters,
inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents,
Without understanding,
covenantbreakers,
without natural affection,
implacable,
unmerciful

Sin, Harmartia, Literally to miss the mark, failure, offense, taking the wrong course, wrongdoing, guilt. the NT uses the word in a generic sense for concrete wrongdoing as a principle and quality of action and as a sinful deed.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Sin, Harmartia, Literally to miss the mark, failure, offense, taking the wrong course, wrongdoing, guilt. the NT uses the word in a generic sense for concrete wrongdoing as a principle and quality of action and as a sinful deed.
I said
Where did you get that?

I said
All you have to do is explain away these two verses. Ofcourse I have more.But start with these two. And do it with scripture.

Jesus said the Father is the ONLY TRUE God.

John 17:1-3

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

Paul said yet for us there is one God the Father.

1 Cor 8:6
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
James 3:1-2
1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.
(KJV)

James 3:5-11
5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles!
6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell.
7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind.
8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.
9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God.
10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so.
11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening?
(NKJ)

Matt 12:34-37
34 "Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.
35 "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.
36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.
37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
Where did you get that?

I said
All you have to do is explain away these two verses. Ofcourse I have more.But start with these two. And do it with scripture.

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

That they may know whom? The Father and Jesus

Time for you to explain since it is your verse. Explain; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we live.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Time for you to explain since it is your verse. Explain; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we live.

I said
For us Christians there is one God the Father. The Father created everything and we are for Him(Father) and one Lord Jesus Christ(NOT LORD) through(reason for) are all things and through(reason for) we live.

(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
For us Christians there is one God the Father. The Father created everything and we are for Him(Father) and one Lord Jesus Christ(NOT LORD) through(reason for) are all things and through(reason for) we live.

(NKJ)

The Father did not create everything, Jesus did.

Colossians 1:15-18 King James Version (KJV)

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

I said
You missed the context.
Col 1-15
The writer is talking about the Father and what the Father has done. About giving thanks to the Father who has delivered us. And conveyed us into the kingdom of His Son Jesus. in whom we have redemption and who is the image of the Father. For by the father all things were created that are in heaven and on earth. And the Father is before all things, and in the Father all things consist. And Jesus is the head of the body, the church. For it please the that in Jesus all the fullness should dwell. And by Jesus to reconcile all things to the Father.

Col 1:12-20
12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.
13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,
20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
(NKJ)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
You missed the context.
Col 1-15
The writer is talking about the Father and what the Father has done. About giving thanks to the Father who has delivered us. And conveyed us into the kingdom of His Son Jesus. in whom we have redemption and who is the image of the Father. For by the father all things were created that are in heaven and on earth. And the Father is before all things, and in the Father all things consist. And Jesus is the head of the body, the church. For it please the that in Jesus all the fullness should dwell. And by Jesus to reconcile all things to the Father.

Col 1:12-20
12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.
13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.
19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,
20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
(NKJ)

I did not miss anything. You have twisted the context as usual. But even a Baby Christian can figure that out.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you get chastised when you sin? when you sin in your thoughts? when you sin in your body? when you sin against others?

I know I do. And I thank God for doing it. If I didn't get chastised where would the love of God be.

Heb 12:6-8
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

keypurr

Jesus was not at the creation, he was born to Mary.

Jesus was able to be seen so he is not the image of the invisible God.

When will you realize that the true Son of God is a spirit?

marhig

I said
Where did you get that?

I said

1Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2"as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

6yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)
I've just seen this, and said near enough the same in another post :)

marhig

If Jesus says that there is only one true God and that he is sent by him then that's the truth. And that one true God is the father and Christ Jesus is his son.

Even after the death of Jesus, the apostles still said that God was the God and father of Jesus. And they referred to Jesus as the son of God and not God the son, which is nowhere in the Bible.

We can say that we believe with our mouths all we want, and wash ourselves clean, whilst judging others falsely. But if we carry on wilfully sinning before God when we know the truth, we die.

Salvation isn't believing in the trinity, it doesn't say that in the Bible either. We are saved by the grace of God through faith, being saved from our past sins by his grace. But then we are to turn from sin and walk in the newness of life by the light of God, being washed in the word of God through the spirit of life, cleansed by the blood of Christ within, which is having the life of Christ within our hearts and Christ living through us. And through the spirit we are risen with Christ, and we are alive in God, born anew by the spirit to a new and living way in Christ Jesus, living by the will of God our father and turning from the lusts of the flesh and sin.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
If Jesus says that there is only one true God and that he is sent by him then that's the truth. And that one true God is the father and Christ Jesus is his son.

Even after the death of Jesus, the apostles still said that God was the God and father of Jesus. And they referred to Jesus as the son of God and not God the son, which is nowhere in the Bible.

We can say that we believe with our mouths all we want, and wash ourselves clean, whilst judging others falsely. But if we carry on wilfully sinning before God when we know the truth, we die.

Salvation isn't believing in the trinity, it doesn't say that in the Bible either. We are saved by the grace of God through faith, being saved from our past sins by his grace. But then we are to turn from sin and walk in the newness of life by the light of God, being washed in the word of God through the spirit of life, cleansed by the blood of Christ within, which is having the life of Christ within our hearts and Christ living through us. And through the spirit we are risen with Christ, and we are alive in God, born anew by the spirit to a new and living way in Christ Jesus, living by the will of God our father and turning from the lusts of the flesh and sin.

I said
So true.
THE ONLY GOD AND FATHER OF JESUS CHRIST And US

II Jn 1:3
3 Grace, mercy, and peace will be with you from God the Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
Rev 1:6
6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Rom 15:5-6
5 Now may the God of patience and comfort grant you to be like-minded toward one another, according to Christ Jesus,
6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Cor 1:2-3
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
2 Cor 11:31
31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying.
Gal 1:3-5
3 Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,
5 to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Eph 1:3-4
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
Eph 4:6
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
Phil 4:19-20
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.
Col 1:3-5
3 We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,
4 since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints;
5 because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,
John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
Rev 3:12-13
12 "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. And I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.
13 "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
(NKJ)
XXXX The God and Father of Jesus Christ. Jesus tells us that He and we have the very same God and Father. And that the Father is the only true God. God is the highest spiritual title of authority over the universe. LORD is the highest spiritual title over the earth. Now after Jesus proved Himself to God the Father, the Father gave Jesus the title of Lord. Not LORD but Lord. So Jesus is the highest spiritual authority over the earth now. But still right under The LORD God the Father.

1 Cor 3:23
23 And you are Christ's, and Christ is God's.
(NKJ)

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

Acts 2:22
22 "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know--
(NKJ)

Eph 1:17
17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1 Cor 6:18-19
18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.
19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
(NKJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.