Dispensation

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So you do not believe Paul's words when he speaks specifically about a dispensation which has been given to him?

It's funny how you can just ignore his words and it becomes obvious that the things which you doubt are Paul's words where he specifically speaks about the dispensation which has been given to him.

I said
Paul found the dispensation by following Christs example. We found the dispensation by following Paul. We can all find the same dispensation that was given to us by example.

1 Cor 11:1-3

1 Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.
2 Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you.
3 But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
(NKJ)

Interplanner

So you do not believe Paul's words when he speaks specifically about a dispensation which has been given to him?

It's funny how you can just ignore his words and it becomes obvious that the things which you doubt are Paul's words where he specifically speaks about the dispensation which has been given to him.

He meant the time period that had dawned on earth, like in 2 Cor 6:1 (which reflects back on all of ch 3-5 on the new covenant). He was not given a special thing to preach that was not already in the Scriptures, but he was raised up by God to disseminate the message to a maximum number of Gentiles in his time.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
He meant the time period that had dawned on earth, like in 2 Cor 6:1 (which reflects back on all of ch 3-5 on the new covenant). He was not given a special thing to preach that was not already in the Scriptures, but he was raised up by God to disseminate the message to a maximum number of Gentiles in his time.

I said
Your right.

2 Cor 6:1-3

1 We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you not to receive the grace of God in vain.
2 For He says: "In an acceptable time I have heard you, and in the day of salvation I have helped you." Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.
3 We give no offense in anything, that our ministry may not be blamed.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
James 3:1-2
1 My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment.
2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body.
(NKJ)

Jerry Shugart

He was not given a special thing to preach that was not already in the Scriptures, but he was raised up by God to disseminate the message to a maximum number of Gentiles in his time.

No, then how do you explain his words here?:

"and to make all men see what is the dispensation of the mystery which for ages hath been hid in God who created all things"
(Eph.3;9).​

oatmeal

It is clear that God chose to change the applicable rules and laws at and for periods of time according to His wisdom in laying out His plan for man's salvation and redemption.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is clear that God chose to change the applicable rules and laws at and for periods of time according to His wisdom in laying out His plan for man's salvation and redemption.

I said
That is true. The old testament law of sin and death. Or the new testament law of Christ.

Danoh

aka Dispensationalism.

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward (oikonomos/ house manager), whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season? 12:43 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. 12:44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him ruler over all that he hath.

1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation (oikonomian/ stewardship) of the gospel is committed unto me. 9:18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel. 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
DISPENSATION (FOLLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT)
Col 1:25-26
25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
Eph 3:2-5
2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6-7
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
Eph 1:10-11
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
1 Cor 9:17-19
17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.
19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
Gal 1:8
8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:11-12
11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man.
12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.
John 14:25-26
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 14:12-20
12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.
13 "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 "If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
17 "the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
18 "I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
19 "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also.
20 "At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
John 15:22
22 "If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.
John 16:7-14
7 "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 "of sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 "of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
11 "of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.
12 "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
Rev 22:18-19
18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;
19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
(NKJ)

xxx The dispensation of the Holy Spirit is. If you are submitting to the Holy Spirit nothing can condemn you.

Rom 8:1-2

1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
(NKJ)