ECT Dispensation is about WHAT God does more than WHEN He does it

journey

musterion,

I like your definition of dispensation:

A dispensation is a particular and identifiable administration of God’s rule over man in a historical tenure. . .A dispensation is not a period of time or an age, although it must of necessity cover a period of time in the outworking of its tenure.

Interplanner

musterion,

I like your definition of dispensation:

It is helpful except only 2 matter (maybe three in Rom 5B). I'm referring to Gal 3-4. We have gone from old to new, from works to faith, from childrearing to manhood, from shadow to reality.

I don't believe this kind of sweeping language was used when the law arrived.

Danoh

It is helpful except only 2 matter (maybe three in Rom 5B). I'm referring to Gal 3-4. We have gone from old to new, from works to faith, from childrearing to manhood, from shadow to reality.

I don't believe this kind of sweeping language was used when the law arrived.

Deuteronomy 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

"...that kind of sweeping language when the Law arrived."

Interplanner

Deuteronomy 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

"...that kind of sweeping language when the Law arrived."

I meant in contrast to a previous 'dispensation.' Are we told that pre-deluge capital punishment was a child-trainer by comparison to Moses law? It is an introduction, but capital punishment is never devalued as the expression 'adult sonship' implies about the 'governess.'

Also, many of the ten commands are in other cultures because of their natural sense. But the ceremonial and dietary are never elsewhere. Moses was referring to all.