ECT Dispensation is about WHAT God does more than WHEN He does it

musterion

A dispensation is simply the order of God's dealings with people...why and how He does what He does, in other words...which varies (sometimes drastically) from what He was doing before and will do after.

People often focus on the WHEN of a dispensation and try to extrapolate outward from that. But if they would focus honestly on WHAT God is doing and WHY He says He's doing it, those answers will help narrow down the WHEN.

Interplanner

The reason people miss it is because they don't bring Gal 3-4 to bear on it. D'ism was constructed without consulting Gal 3-4. The passage that tells us the most sweeping things about the progression of the Bible, other than Act 13, was overlooked. Gal 3-4 tells us the only thing that matters.

I suppose Rom 5B could have been included as well, with a stage before law, but I don't see where D'ism took its lead from either of those. They were too impressed by their own lists and names for each.

Danoh

The reason people miss it is because they don't bring Gal 3-4 to bear on it. D'ism was constructed without consulting Gal 3-4. The passage that tells us the most sweeping things about the progression of the Bible, other than Act 13, was overlooked. Gal 3-4 tells us the only thing that matters.

I suppose Rom 5B could have been included as well, with a stage before law, but I don't see where D'ism took its lead from either of those. They were too impressed by their own lists and names for each.

So asserts the man who went off to school to learn "about" Scripture from men who learned "about" Scripture from their teachers all the way back to the muddled ideas of the ECF that Preterism is even now taking issue with - for the holes it points to in their false eschatology.

So says the man who often begins his deriding against MAD with a laundery list of these and those, dos and don'ts.

Get a clue, Interplanner - you are a narcissist - so vain you can't see you are the one guilty of these fool accusations of yours.

HisServant

Ah, the old shifting sands of dispensationalism... its one thing one day, and another the next.

When will you guys get out of your confusion and make up your minds?

HisServant

But...but my pastor/teacher/priest told me the Bible says God does not change!

He hasn't changed how he deals with mankind... but he has selected certain people and individuals during history to do particular things. Those things were a foreshadow of things to come but overall, they had no impact on ones salvation. Salvation has always been through faith, be it Abraham, Isaac, Jacob.... etc.

Nothing has changed... God is unchanged and unmoving as to this plan.

Interplanner

He hasn't changed how he deals with mankind... but he has selected certain people and individuals during history to do particular things. Those things were a foreshadow of things to come but overall, they had no impact on ones salvation. Salvation has always been through faith, be it Abraham, Isaac, Jacob.... etc.

Nothing has changed... God is unchanged and unmoving as to this plan.

He's never moved from the Gospel. He may have prefigured it for a while with the gift of the land, but Heb 11 says it was not what the wandering faithful were seeking after all.