ECT DIFFERENT BAPTISMS !!

DAN P

Hi to all and in Acts 1:5 it reads : For John indeed BAPTIZED ( WITH ) WATER , But you will be BAPTIZED with Holy Spirit not many of these days after !!

#1 , Here we have WATER BAPTISM by John the Baptist !

#2 , We ahve another BAPTISM with Holy Spirit !!

#3 So which is WATER ?

#4 John Baptism was to Jerusalem and to Judaea and looks like Israel to me !!

#5 In John baptism is PROPHECY and found in Isaiah , Matt 3 and the message is the Kingdom of Heaven and that message is for Israel !!

What say you , and is Acts 1 and Matt 3 wrong !!

Are both baptisms IMMERSION ??

dan p

TrevorL

Greetings DANP,
#3 So which is WATER ?
The believers after the resurrection of Christ were baptised in water and also received the gift of the Holy Spirit:
Acts 2:37-38 (KJV): 37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 8:35-38 (KJV): 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus. 36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?/u] 37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
Acts 9:17-18 (KJV): 17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Spirit. 18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.
Acts 22:14-16 (KJV): 14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. 15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. 16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Acts 10:44-48 (KJV): 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Spirit as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Kind regards
Trevor

Bradley D

It seems confusing at times.

"John answered them all, "I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." (Luke 3:16)

Then in Acts you have.

"As they traveled along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said, 'Look, here is water. What can stand in the way of my being baptized?' And he gave orders to stop the chariot. Then both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water and Philip baptized him" 9Acts 8:36-38).

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi to all and in Acts 1:5 it reads : For John indeed BAPTIZED ( WITH ) WATER , But you will be BAPTIZED with Holy Spirit not many of these days after !!

#3 So which is WATER ?

#4 John Baptism was to Jerusalem and to Judaea and looks like Israel to me !!

#5 In John baptism is PROPHECY and found in Isaiah , Matt 3 and the message is the Kingdom of Heaven and that message is for Israel !!

What say you , and is Acts 1 and Matt 3 wrong !!

Are both baptisms IMMERSION ??

dan p

Both baptisms are by immersion.

Many believe, who claim the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but are only converted as yet.

They are satisfied as they are with their religion by which they deter others from seeking the Lord, for that which will cause the death of their self.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus' example of being baptized in water for the remission of sin set an example for all.

john w

Hall of Fame
Both baptisms are by immersion.

Water baptism was by sprinkling in the OT, not immersion. You/others have been shown this, with scripture, by me, the great saint John W., but your "church" SOF tells you to think, "Well, Professor Judas/Demas, with 666 titles before and after his/her name, told me it is immersion, so I will be just fine....."

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Water baptism was by sprinkling in the OT, not immersion. You/others have been shown this, with scripture, by me, the great saint John W., but your "church" SOF tells you to think, "Well, Professor Judas/Demas, with 666 titles before and after his/her name, told me it is immersion, so I will be just fine....."

When they slayed the animal sacrifices, the animal all died.

When they received the Holy Spirit in Acts they were filled all.

2Ki 5:1 Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the LORD had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.
2Ki 5:2 And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife.
2Ki 5:3 And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.
2Ki 5:4 And one went in, and told his lord, saying, Thus and thus said the maid that is of the land of Israel.
2Ki 5:5 And the king of Syria said, Go to, go, and I will send a letter unto the king of Israel. And he departed, and took with him ten talents of silver, and six thousand pieces of gold, and ten changes of raiment.
2Ki 5:6 And he brought the letter to the king of Israel, saying, Now when this letter is come unto thee, behold, I have therewith sent Naaman my servant to thee, that thou mayest recover him of his leprosy.
2Ki 5:7 And it came to pass, when the king of Israel had read the letter, that he rent his clothes, and said, Am I God, to kill and to make alive, that this man doth send unto me to recover a man of his leprosy? wherefore consider, I pray you, and see how he seeketh a quarrel against me.
2Ki 5:8 And it was so, when Elisha the man of God had heard that the king of Israel had rent his clothes, that he sent to the king, saying, Wherefore hast thou rent thy clothes? let him come now to me, and he shall know that there is a prophet in Israel.
2Ki 5:9 So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha.
2Ki 5:10 And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.
2Ki 5:11 But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
2Ki 5:12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.
2Ki 5:13 And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?
2Ki 5:14 Then went he down, and dipped (plunged)himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.

n

john w

Hall of Fame
When they slayed the animal sacrifices, the animal all died.

When they received the Holy Spirit in Acts they were filled all.

2Ki 5:1 Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the LORD had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.
2Ki 5:2 And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife.
2Ki 5:3 And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.
2Ki 5:4 And one went in, and told his lord, saying, Thus and thus said the maid that is of the land of Israel.
2Ki 5:5 And the king of Syria said, Go to, go, and I will send a letter unto the king of Israel. And he departed, and took with him ten talents of silver, and six thousand pieces of gold, and ten changes of raiment.
2Ki 5:6 And he brought the letter to the king of Israel, saying, Now when this letter is come unto thee, behold, I have therewith sent Naaman my servant to thee, that thou mayest recover him of his leprosy.
2Ki 5:7 And it came to pass, when the king of Israel had read the letter, that he rent his clothes, and said, Am I God, to kill and to make alive, that this man doth send unto me to recover a man of his leprosy? wherefore consider, I pray you, and see how he seeketh a quarrel against me.
2Ki 5:8 And it was so, when Elisha the man of God had heard that the king of Israel had rent his clothes, that he sent to the king, saying, Wherefore hast thou rent thy clothes? let him come now to me, and he shall know that there is a prophet in Israel.
2Ki 5:9 So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha.
2Ki 5:10 And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.
2Ki 5:11 But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
2Ki 5:12 Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.
2Ki 5:13 And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?
2Ki 5:14 Then went he down, and dipped (plunged)himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.

n

You missed it-pay attention. You "argued:"

"Both baptisms are by immersion."-the beheader

DAN P

You missed it-pay attention. You "argued:"

"Both baptisms are by immersion."-the beheader

Hi John W and they refuse tlo see , that Israel had many BAPTISM as Heb 9:10 says that they had " DIVERS WASHING or Baptisms !!

dan p

DAN P

That is because it's not in their "the church" Statement Of Faith," DP!

Hi John W and just maybe the word DIVERS has them confused !!

DIVERS means different kinds of BAPTISMOS or BAPTIZOS which means BAPTISMS !!

Just to clearify to them the Greek word in Heb 9:10 for WASHING is BAPTISMOS not BAPTIZO !!

Dan p

DAN P

How many times do we see Holy Spirit baptism in the New Testament?

Hi and you can do it fairly easy by looking under the title Holy Spirit in STRONG'S DICTIONARY and count up the times you see !!

How easy is that and that is how anyone can do a word study on any word !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and you can do it fairly easy by looking under the title Holy Spirit in STRONG'S DICTIONARY and count up the times you see !!

How easy is that and that is how anyone can do a word study on any word !!

dan p

Do YOU KNOW how many times people were baptized with the Holy Spirit just like the apostles? From God directly and evident by speaking in tongues.

DAN P

Do YOU KNOW how many times people were baptized with the Holy Spirit just like the apostles? From God directly and evident by speaking in tongues.

Hi and I will take your bait!!

How many time in the 4 Gospels ?

And how many times in Paul's letters ??

I can see that you know , so tell me with verses for each !!

dan p