Did Noah weep?

glorydaz

Nations? Paul is speaking about people and although he takes his doctrine from the example of Yisra El Paul is aware that the choosing of a nation has come to an end. It is now individuals that are called. One from a tribe and one from a city. It is this calling that will split families, because a sword has been brought and not peace.

"I will pour out my Spirit on all people..."

Oh no...you can't even begin to claim what you're claiming until you look back and see what Paul is quoting from, and what caused those "vessels" to be called "vessels of wrath". You're assuming something which is total error. You're claiming God is arbitrarily (via sovereignty) choosing those vessels not based on their own doings. Until you figure out what he is saying to the nations, you won't know how it could possibly apply to individuals. Jews, Gentiles, people, children of Israel....there is a story there in Hosea and Isaiah and Jeremiah...they must be read before you can see. The Calvinists are wrong on this one, too.

Romans 9:22-27 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles? As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:​

They were fitted to destruction by their own actions, and because of those actions susceptible to God's wrath.

Jeremiah 18:6-11 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel. At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it; If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them. Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.

Truster

Did Noah weep over the deaths of everyone who perished in the deluge?

There are estimates of how many people perished and the general consensus is that there were as many people on earth in the days of Noah as there are today. It matters not the number, whether half as many or twice as many, but how did Noah react emotionally over the wicked men, women, children and babies throughout the world perishing?

Was Noah saddened to the point of weeping, did Noah mourn and in doing so question the upright, just and awesome vengeance of Yah Veh Elohim?​

What we are aware of is that Abraham had a series of drawn out prayers with the Almighty, before the destruction of the two cities. There was no mention of mourning after the event. Was it because there was not a just man found there?

We also know that David was inconsolable before the child died, but as soon as the child was dead:

Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of Yah Veh, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.

Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread

And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether Elohim will be gracious to me, that the child may live?

These two incidents give a clue as to how Noah may have felt and what he did.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Did Noah weep over the deaths of everyone who perished in the deluge?

There are estimates of how many people perished and the general consensus is that there were as many people on earth in the days of Noah as there are today. It matters not the number, whether half as many or twice as many, but how did Noah react emotionally over the wicked men, women, children and babies throughout the world perishing?

Was Noah saddened to the point of weeping, did Noah mourn and in doing so question the upright, just and awesome vengeance of Yah Veh Elohim?​

Noah had lost many of his Godly relatives/witnesses at the hands of that evil generation.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

LA

glorydaz

Try and get this thread back on track:

On judgement day when those people we* knew and loved are cast into outer darkness will we* mourn them? Will saved mothers weep over eternally lost children?

we* vessels of mercy.

Yes, that longsuffering.....

Romans 9:22-24KJV
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?​

Paul speaks of it here.

Romans 2:3-4 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Those vessels of wrath were fitted for destruction by their hard and impenitent heart..."they treasurest up UNTO THYSELF" wrath. They "obey not the truth"...as the vessels of mercy do. Rom. 2:8.

Romans 2:5
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;​

glorydaz

The first love experience eventually wears off for all believers. Then the men are separated from the boys. I've been in this game for 25 years and my love still burns hot! I couldn't even begin to count the brothers and sisters who have fallen by the wayside. Good riddens to the weak in faith!

If they were truly saved, He will keep them. He is faithful even when we are not.

If our confidence is in ourselves, it's misplaced.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:​

Truster

Noah had lost many of his Godly relatives/witnesses at the hands of that evil generation.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

LA

Where do you get that from? Losing his relatives and family?

Truster

What we are aware of is that Abraham had a series of drawn out prayers with the Almighty, before the destruction of the two cities. There was no mention of mourning after the event. Was it because there was not a just man found there?

We also know that David was inconsolable before the child died, but as soon as the child was dead:

Then David arose from the earth, and washed, and anointed himself, and changed his apparel, and came into the house of Yah Veh, and worshipped: then he came to his own house; and when he required, they set bread before him, and he did eat.

Then said his servants unto him, What thing is this that thou hast done? thou didst fast and weep for the child, while it was alive; but when the child was dead, thou didst rise and eat bread

And he said, While the child was yet alive, I fasted and wept: for I said, Who can tell whether Elohim will be gracious to me, that the child may live?

These two incidents give a clue as to how Noah may have felt and what he did.

He did get drunk of course. The refuge of many a man suffering PTSD...

Truster

John 11:35 KJV -

Yah Shua wept over his friend. Messiah would soon after say come forth Lazarus and he that was dead came forth. So in knowledge of this what were the tears about? When news had come about the illness of Lazarus Messiah waited two days before coming to see him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Give me one example from scripture on that if you would be so kind.

God is faithful.

Psa 126:5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Psa 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Either give a proof text for your original assumption or apply the first rule of holes.

It is only an assumption that only Noah had faith in God near the end of that age.

All ages are condemned and ended by the killing of the righteous witnesses by the wicked, even this present one, and the future one if the Lord does not protect the righteous from the attempt by the wicked.

Find an ending any different.

Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Truster

It is only an assumption that only Noah had faith in God near the end of that age.

All ages are condemned and ended by the killing of the righteous witnesses by the wicked, even this present one, and the future one if the Lord does not protect the righteous from the attempt by the wicked.

Find an ending any different.

Mat 18:16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

It's not an assumption it's a scriptural fact. Apart from Noah, and in Noah his family, there were none that found favour in the sight of Yah Veh Elohim.