Did Noah weep?

Truster

Did Noah weep over the deaths of everyone who perished in the deluge?

There are estimates of how many people perished and the general consensus is that there were as many people on earth in the days of Noah as there are today. It matters not the number, whether half as many or twice as many, but how did Noah react emotionally over the wicked men, women, children and babies throughout the world perishing?

Was Noah saddened to the point of weeping, did Noah mourn and in doing so question the upright, just and awesome vengeance of Yah Veh Elohim?​

glorydaz

The Bible doesn't tell us, but I would have wept...not for those who did evil, but for the innocents who suffered because of their evil. I don't agree that it would be questioning God's judgment, for we know even God is not willing that any should perish.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Did Noah weep over the deaths of everyone who perished in the deluge?

There are estimates of how many people perished and the general consensus is that there were as many people on earth in the days of Noah as there are today. It matters not the number, whether half as many or twice as many, but how did Noah react emotionally over the wicked men, women, children and babies throughout the world perishing?

Was Noah saddened to the point of weeping, did Noah mourn and in doing so question the upright, just and awesome vengeance of Yah Veh Elohim?​
He cried like a baby

glorydaz

I believe we're shown the heart of God, through verses such as this, that we can freely weep over those who perish....and I would think Noah couldn't help but be moved by what he witnessed.

Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!​

Truster

The Bible doesn't tell us, but I would have wept...not for those who did evil, but for the innocents who suffered because of their evil. I don't agree that it would be questioning God's judgment, for we know even God is not willing that any should perish.

Innocents? The only innocent man born of a woman was The Messiah.

Not willing that any should perish? From 1 Peter of course. You seem to have missed who Peter was addressing when he said us-ward. Meaning Yah Veh is not willing that those to be called to repentance would be lost. The same "us" as being addressed in the epistle salutation: To them that have obtained like precious trust with "us".

The Bible does tell us that Noah got drunk soon after and I wondered why.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
John 11:35 KJV -

Truster

He cried like a baby

If he did cry like a baby they would have been the tears of a hypocrite, because in building the ark he condemned the world.

Hebrews 11:7 KJV

I ask myself would the Almighty require tears at the destruction of the wicked or would He expect praise at the mouths of the just for His justice and judgements. If Noah was called to weep over the wicked that were destroyed in judgement and vengeance. Would not the same have been required when Israel crossed the Jordan river and overtook the cities. Would not the same have been expected when the Egyptians were drowned?

Me thinks not.

glorydaz

Innocents? The only innocent man born of a woman was The Messiah.

Not willing that any should perish? From 1 Peter of course. You seem to have missed who Peter was addressing when he said us-ward. Meaning Yah Veh is not willing that those to be called to repentance would be lost. The same "us" as being addressed in the epistle salutation: To them that have obtained like precious trust with "us".

The Bible does tell us that Noah got drunk soon after and I wondered why.

Yes, I realize we won't agree on this issue. Babies and children are innocents, otherwise Jesus wouldn't have said this...Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I think Peter makes it clear he is speaking of the same "longsuffering" is speaking of salvation...even as our beloved Paul ...hath written unto you.

2 Peter 3:14-15 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Truster

Yes, I realize we won't agree on this issue. Babies and children are innocents, otherwise Jesus wouldn't have said this...Matthew 18:3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

I think Peter makes it clear he is speaking of the same "longsuffering" is speaking of salvation...even as our beloved Paul ...hath written unto you.

2 Peter 3:14-15 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Not as innocent as little children, but as trusting.

As for 1 Peter I have seen that twisted enough times.

glorydaz

Not as innocent as little children, but as trusting.

As for 1 Peter I have seen that twisted enough times.

It isn't 1 Peter, and I'm not twisting anything. Maybe you're thinking of something else.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.​

And it's clear Peter is speaking of "all" as in everyone. We see here the same longsuffering according to the wisdom given to Paul.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;​

Truster

"Was Noah saddened to the point of weeping, did Noah mourn and in doing so question the upright, just and awesome vengeance of Yah Veh Elohim?"​

There is a verse from Psalm 119 that is often on my lips in regard to judgements. Judgement that has befallen me for correction and the judgements I see each and every day that the wicked walk in.Not necessarily judgement unto death, but judgement unto the misery of sinners. "there is no peace unto the wicked" judgements. That is why I suggested that Noah may have been questioning the upright judgement of the deluge.

Righteous art thou, O Yah Veh, and upright are thy judgments. Psalm 119:137 KJV​
I firmly trust that in this verse the Holy Spirit has given us* the appropriate response to judgements.

us* those that have been judged innocent. Who have received the imputation of the justness of the innocent and beloved Son.

Truster

It isn't 1 Peter, and I'm not twisting anything. Maybe you're thinking of something else.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.​

And it's clear Peter is speaking of "all" as in everyone. We see here the same longsuffering according to the wisdom given to Paul.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;​

Peter is speaking in regard to the us-ward and they are the same "us" as in the salutation verse 1. That's a fact, but I am more than aware, it's an invisible fact for many.

glorydaz

Peter is speaking in regard to the us-ward and they are the same "us" as in the salutation verse 1. That's a fact, but I am more than aware, it's an invisible fact for many.

Well, it's not invisible that it's the same longsuffering that Paul speaks of. So, God is not willing than any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance. We see the same thing here....

Acts 17:30-31KJV And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.​

Truster

Well, it's not invisible that it's the same longsuffering that Paul speaks of. So, God is not willing than any should perish, but that ALL should come to repentance. We see the same thing here....

Acts 17:30-31KJV And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.​

You make the Almighty into a wimp that can't save unless man wants to be saved. You deny the blood of the covenants sufficiency to save and you suggest that the blood of the covenant is without power to cleanse if a man refuses to be cleansed. Your viewpoint is one of blindness as to the atonement and application of redemption.

He who used His power to cast a third of the angels down to hell also appointed them to destruction. He also caused two thirds to stand in their appointed place. The same Eternal Almighty does not want any of those who are appointed to eternal life to be lost. The reason for that is the covenant He made with His Son that all those who are Named in the Lambs book of Life shall be gathered in. Because of the law of contrast in scripture there must needs be a book of death. Your idea of salvation is one of pick and chose by man and that would be subject to Satan himself, because he is the prince of the power of the air that works in the children of disobedience. Would he let his captives go free to worship the Almighty? No, absolutely not.