Did Jesus and Paul preach the same thing?

genuineoriginal

I knew that's what you'd do. You refuse to answer whether the Gospel that I believe is false or not.
You misunderstood the timing of salvation, what else have you misunderstood?

Perhaps you are clinging to half of the Gospel, thinking it is the whole thing?
If so, that half would not be false, but it would not be true, either.

Letsargue

How's that new cave working out? Are your neighbors causing you any grief?

THERE Is Nothing Strange about Anything Y-O-U -- S-A-Y!!! -- Y-O-U Cannot USE The Word of God to Believe IN!!!! You "Must" just Speak YOUR OWN LIES and ""N-e-v-e-r"" the T-R-U-T-H!!!!!!!!

ME!!!!!!!! -- 032816

Letsargue

Does that mean you feel comfortable in your new cave?

H-O-W Do You Talk LIKE That O-N A "Christian P-L-A-C-E; -- "I-F" It Is A Christian PLACE?????

Only Satan Talks Like That IN His Place / HELL, Not From Where I AM; IN HEAVEN!!! ----- (( Ephesians 2:6 KJV )) -- 6- "And H-A-T-H Raised US up Together, and M-A-D-E US Sit Together I-N Heavenly Places I-N Christ Jesus!!!

WHAT Does "G-O-D" Say THERE, BLIND Whatever Your ARE?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF You Are I-N- Christ, Where Are YOU ALL??????

ME!!!!! -- 032816!!!!!!!!!!

Samie

Do you believe salvation is something that happened in the past?

Romans 13:11
11 And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Hebrews 9:28
28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

1 Peter 1:5
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

If salvation is really something that comes with Christ when He appears the second time, then why do you claim that you have already been saved?
Salvation comes in 3 tenses: Past, Present, Future.

Past:
Ephesians 2:8 NKJ For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God

2 Timothy 1:9 NKJ [God] has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began

Titus 3:5 NKJ not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit

Present:
1 Corinthians 1:18 NKJ For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

2 Corinthians 2:15 NKJ For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.

Future:
NKJ Matthew 24:13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13 NKJ "And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Romans 5:9-10 NKJ 9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Samie

Past Tense (Done on the cross.):
God saved All through Christ, no one exempted.​

Present Tense (Being done throughout one's lifetime.):
God is saving All through Christ, no one exempted.​

Future Tense (Rewarding of all when Christ comes again.):
God will save All overcomers through Christ. Rewarded with life eternal.​
Non-overcomers were all blotted out. Rewarded with wrath of God and finally thrown into the lake of fire.​

musterion

I don't know you Samie but G.O. is a dishonest punk. Won't deal straight with you. Asks endless evasive questions, then ignores direct questions he can't answer. Also lies when arguing against the concept of the Trinity. Take him seriously and you'll end up wasting your time. Just FYI.

SaulToPaul 2

Muz indicated that the natural birth referred to election in the old covenant, and being born from above signified election into the new covenant. That sounds good except that the LORD said,

"Except a man be born of water AND of the spirit, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

It takes both.

Muz's idea does not work.

SaulToPaul 2

John 3
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Observe the Lord's movements after he was raised from the dead (born of the Spirit)...no one could tell from where he came, or where he went. He appeared and disappeared.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Did Jesus and Paul preach the same thing?

Paul said he had the mind of Christ which means he preached what Christ inspired him to preach.
(1 Corinthians 2:16)

We can't divide Christ from Christ.

Letsargue

H-O-W Do You Talk LIKE That O-N A "Christian P-L-A-C-E; -- "I-F" It Is A Christian PLACE?????

Only Satan Talks Like That IN His Place / HELL, Not From Where I AM; IN HEAVEN!!! ----- (( Ephesians 2:6 KJV )) -- 6- "And H-A-T-H Raised US up Together, and M-A-D-E US Sit Together I-N Heavenly Places I-N Christ Jesus!!!

WHAT Does "G-O-D" Say THERE, BLIND Whatever Your ARE?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF You Are I-N- Christ, Where Are YOU ALL??????

ME!!!!! -- 032816!!!!!!!!!!

Y-E-S-S-S!!! ??christians??!!!!!

Put This One Out from YOU, so you don't have to R-E-S-P-O-N-D TO I-T!! - That's WHAT YOU A-L-L DO Always!! // ""Ungodly Cowards"" are All IN HELL and Can't Know IT,, OR Don't CARE!!!

Prove IT Wrong!!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 032916

themuzicman

Muz indicated that the natural birth referred to election in the old covenant, and being born from above signified election into the new covenant. That sounds good except that the LORD said,

"Except a man be born of water AND of the spirit, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

It takes both.

Muz's idea does not work.

Unfortunately, S2P has ignored the context of John 3, which I presented to him, which showed that Jesus is speaking with Nicodemus, who believed he gained entrance into the Kingdom of God because of his natural birth as a Jew, and Jesus was informing him that his natural birth was insufficient, that he needed to be "born again".

So, Because S2P has no idea how to do exegesis, he misses the point.

SaulToPaul 2

Unfortunately, S2P has ignored the context of John 3, which I presented to him, which showed that Jesus is speaking with Nicodemus, who believed he gained entrance into the Kingdom of God because of his natural birth as a Jew, and Jesus was informing him that his natural birth was insufficient, that he needed to be "born again".

So, Because S2P has no idea how to do exegesis, he misses the point.

:chuckle:

genuineoriginal

I don't know you Samie but musterion is a dishonest punk. Won't deal straight with you. Asks endless evasive questions, then ignores direct questions he can't answer. Also lies when arguing against the concept of the Trinity. Take him seriously and you'll end up wasting your time. Just FYI.

FTFY, and you are welcome :)