Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

The God of God is God, which may seem like a pointless assertion from the perspective of heaven, but it makes perfect sense in the framework of what we are told in the bible, that God was manifest in the flesh, that He became flesh and walked among us, enduring all things as we did. Upon the earth found in fashion as a man, he is not a godless but speaks for God.
Your completely unscriptural statement here, reminds me of Billy Madison's speech ..... and I feel the same way his principle felt, but I will suffice it to say;

Your reply doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANY Scripture.

God EMPHATICALLY said there is NO God beside Me!
Isa 44:8 Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Isa 45:5 I am Jehovah, and there is none else; besides me there is no God.

Jesus CLEARLY stated he worships the God of the Jews, and that his Father IS his God!

John 4:22 Ye worship that which ye know not: we worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews.

John 20:17 go unto my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and my God and your God.

Rev 3:12 He that overcometh, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go out thence no more: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God, and mine own new name.

There is no God besides God the Father because Jesus is God the Father come as a son.

drbrumley

Just like 'Flat Earthers', people against the Trinity will come up with any excuse for anything you tell them to satisfy their notions.

Jesus is most certainly God incarnate- to see the Cross is to see God.

:up:

They like attacking the strawman....The trinitarian accepts and believes all those verses they use as prooftexts....the non trin doesn't accept Jesus saying "I AM" or Thomas saying "MY LORD AND MY GOD"

Pathetic..

God's Truth

If he IS the source of the words, and he said "I am NOT"...... What would YOU call that????

Jesus speaks the words of God and did so in the Old Testament times because He is God and is the Word of God.

Revelation 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God the Father came as a Son.

That is not true because Jesus was born from man through Mary and His Father, not Himself.

do not forget that Jesus was anointed by God to do miracles which He could not do without the Father doing them through His son.

neither can a dead man raise Himself from the dead.

The disciples could not perceive the Father IN Christ, which means the Son is not the Father.

Jesus never said He is the Father, but only that the Father who did the works, is IN Him.

God's Truth

That is not true because Jesus was born from man through Mary and His Father, not Himself.

do not forget that Jesus was anointed by God to do miracles which He could not do without the Father doing them through His son.

neither can a dead man raise Himself from the dead.

The disciples could not perceive the Father IN Christ, which means the Son is not the Father.

Jesus never said He is the Father, but only that the Father who did the works, is IN Him.

You don't grasp that God the Father really came as a man and did not pretend to do so.
Of course, as a man, he was dependent upon the Father God in heaven.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It's written as LORD (all caps) in the King James

Psalms 24:1-10 KJV
(1) A Psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
(2) For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
(3) Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
(4) He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
(5) He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
(6) This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
(7) Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
(8) Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
(9) Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
(10) Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Now if you can answer who ascended the hill of the LORD, and who has stood in his holy place, and who received his blessing from the God of his salvation, who is this King of Glory? It is the LORD of Hosts, Yod Hey Vav Hey, YHWH. That's why Peter placed such emphasis that Jesus (and not David) had ascended to heaven. It identified him as the King of Glory.

I am unfamiliar with this. Also, YHVH not YHWH.

Dartman

Jesus speaks the words of God and did so in the Old Testament times because He is God and is the Word of God.

Revelation 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
You didn't answer the question;

If he IS the source of the words, and he said "I am NOT"...... What would YOU call that????

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Do you find God's name in Hebrew or Aramaic? I am not thinking there is an Aramaic waw.

Hebrew linguists believe the third consonant was originally pronounced "w" (the letter is named "waw"). In later Hebrew its pronunciation was changed to "v" and the letter called "vav." Today in most western Jewish communities and in Israel "vav" is the accepted sound.
[Encyclopædia Judaica, Vol. 1, p. 90 and Vol. 8, cols. 79, 85-86]

- http://www.hebrew-streams.org/works/hebrew/hashem.html

In other words. Both are acceptable to use.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Hebrew linguists believe the third consonant was originally pronounced "w" (the letter is named "waw"). In later Hebrew its pronunciation was changed to "v" and the letter called "vav." Today in most western Jewish communities and in Israel "vav" is the accepted sound.
[Encyclopædia Judaica, Vol. 1, p. 90 and Vol. 8, cols. 79, 85-86]

- http://www.hebrew-streams.org/works/hebrew/hashem.html

In other words. Both are acceptable to use.

Interesting. Some people believe the vav is only in Modern Hebrew, but I find it in the Torah.

Status
Not open for further replies.