Desperate Sean Spicer...

Danoh

sov·er·eign·ty

?säv(?)r?n(t)?/

noun
supreme power or authority.

You either believe God is head of all principality and power, or you don't. If not, then you don't believe the Bible.

Colossians 2:8-10 KJV
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. [9] For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. [10] And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

Nope - never denied Sovereignty.

Misread into that what you need to as well :chuckle:

pondsbb

Nope - never denied Sovereignty.

Misread into that what you need to as well :chuckle:
So you are admitting that Trump is in the position of President because God has a sovereign purpose in it.

It will work toward good for God's people, either in this life or the afterlife. Or is there some reason you don't believe it will work well for you, personally?

Romans 8:28 KJV
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Danoh

So you are admitting that Trump is in the position of President because God has a sovereign purpose in it.

It will work toward good for God's people, either in this life or the afterlife. Or is there some reason you don't believe it will work well for you, personally?

Romans 8:28 KJV
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

No, I am not admitting any such thing.

Trump is President because some just don't know any better.

His entire career, the man has proven himself a self-serving; completely corrrupt fraud.

Besides - God's purpose is in His Son by the Cross - not only that all men might be saved, but that all might come unto the knowledge of the truth - concerning His purpose in His Son.

pondsbb, see things how you feel you need to. It makes no difference to me.

You get over that soon; ya hear? :)

pondsbb

So you are saying God is not sovereign in setting up government.

You can't have it both ways. God is sovereign, or he is not.

God is head of all principality and power, or He is not.

You seem double minded, so I'm done with trying to understand your position.

Danoh

So you are saying God is not sovereign in setting up government.

You can't have it both ways. God is sovereign, or he is not.

God is head of all principality and power, or He is not.

You seem double minded, so I'm done with trying to understand your position.

It is obvious that you, as with many who take on these subjects; are simply not very good at it.

Case in point: God was every bit as Sovereign as He has always been when He ALLOWED His Son to be Crucified.

And there are MANY examples like that (of His ALLOWING all sorts of man's following his own course) throughout Scripture.

The very planet itself is under "the bondage of corruption..."

Romans 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Until HE once more speaks HIS desired course for ALL things - in HIS time.

1 Timothy 6:13 I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: 6:15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Until then...the awful things that happen to people - either as the result of man's inhumanity to man, or as a result, say, of an earthquake; you name it - will continue to.

It is YOURS that is double-speak.

Your obvious incompetence at your task is in the way of your seeing what are actually YOUR inconsistencies.

Get a clue - in fact; several.

Get back to The Book; Is. 8:20.

pondsbb

And His "allowing" Christ's crucifixion was His sovereign will.
Christ prayed not my will, but yours.

What makes you think His "allowing" heads of government is not His sovereign will?

Christ, Himself, told the government that only those that were allowed by God could have power over Him.

John 19:10-11 KJV
Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? [11] Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Do you consider yourself in a more personal situation when God has allowed Trump power over you through government?

Much of the church never felt that way with Obama. They simply stood their ground over gay marriage issues and lost their livelyhood and businesses.

Danoh

And His "allowing" Christ's crucifixion was His sovereign will.
Christ prayed not my will, but yours.

What makes you think His "allowing" heads of government is not His sovereign will?

Christ, Himself, told the government that only those that were allowed by God could have power over Him.

John 19:10-11 KJV
Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? [11] Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Do you consider yourself in a more personal situation when God has allowed Trump power over you through government?

Much of the church never felt that way with Obama. They simply stood their ground over gay marriage issues and lost their livelyhood and businesses.

Wow; you made my point about God ALLOWING men to govern themselves (the PRINCIPLE of powers that be o clueless one) but think you made yours.

:rotfl:

pondsbb

Wow; you made my point about God ALLOWING men to govern themselves (the PRINCIPLE of powers that be o clueless one) but think you made yours.

:rotfl:
What are you talking about? God has always allowed men their way when it is His sovereign will.

He also has a record of stopping them in their tracks when it is His sovereign will.

Either way, God is head of all principality and power and is sovereign.