Denial of the deity of Jesus

kayaker

KAY: Short of a DNA test... it's all just ink on paper being none of us are witnesses to Jesus' divine origin, either. Yet, that doesn't negate those two divine testimonies being the equivalent to our own conceptions, births, and birth certificates. My spiritual adoption papers were signed with the precious blood of the Lamb, a Pharzite-Israelite Jew (Matthew 1:3 KJV, Luke 3:33), and that explicit distinction is quite likely alien to the Christian community, Jewish either, for that matter!

FREELIGHT: Yep,….its all just ink-blots/words on paper; you don't even know if a historical Jesus existed, or is some configuration of a myth maybe built upon a particular man or men, but later historicized, or aspects of the historical mythologized (play-reversal). As you may know, whole books are written on this subject with many dovetails to chase. - one could spend many lifetimes studying all this. I have a sense I've been here before

As I alluded to at the beginning of this post: Themes dictate an author’s words. And, those themes in Scripture reflect the Spiritual ‘face’ of the divine Author in the mind of the reader: John 14:16, 17, John 14:26 KJV; 1Cor 2:13 KJV, 1Cor 2:14 KJV, 1Cor 2:15 KJV, 1Cor 2:16 KJV. Probably eight years ago I was asked by a PhD theologian, “With all the ancient documents and artifacts authenticating other religions since antiquity… why do you believe in Christianity?” Fair question? My answer was quite simple… “All those ‘who begat who’s’ are the mortar between the bricks in the foundation of my faith.” Do you think Peter was a real person (Matthew 16:16 KJV)? Paul (2Corinthians 1:19, 20)? So, it’s not me floundering in the abyss, Freelight :). Perhaps in your vast studies of Scripture it hasn’t been revealed to you even Messiah’s arrival generation was prophesied some 4,300 years prior in Genesis 4:24 KJV. Count ‘em up, Freelight, “seventy and sevenfold”: God is generation #1, Adam generation #2, Seth #3… and so forth (Luke 3:38 through Luke 3:23 KJV).

As I’ve shared with Jews: If Jesus doesn't fill the bill as Messiah for you, you might back up a couple thousand years and pick out another who arrived in that “seventy and sevenfold” inclusive generation from Almighty God (Genesis 4:24 KJV), and perhaps achieve resolution. Remember, those lost sheep Israelites (predominately the fatherless Pharzites and Zarhites, Genesis 38:26 KJV, Numbers 26:20) were deluded believing Messiah had to be a Shelanite (Numbers 26:20) descendant of Judah (Isaiah 65:9) and his Canaanitess wife (1Chronicles 2:3)… speaking of endless genealogies (1Timothy 1:4 KJV; Titus 3:9 KJV). I appreciate your notion you’ve “been here before ;)”. I happen to have a sense Jesus was “from above” (John 8:23 KJV; Ezekiel 36:26 KJV; John 3:5 KJV; 2Corinthians 5:17 KJV; James 1:17 KJV; John 14:26 KJV; 1Peter 1:23 KJV). And, I have a sense Jesus had been here before being the Tree of Life in the Garden of God.

FREELIGHT: As far as 'blood washings' and 'blood-atonement' concepts,...well,...my former thread 'Atonement without blood' and my challenging that concept elsewhere are well accounted for here. Otherwise, you can use 'blood' figuratively of course. As a mystic and charismatic,...I do not discount that faith in the 'blood of Jesus' has its effects, but I'm not sure if its more the 'faith' of the aspirant than that actual 'blood of Jesus' or some combination thereof (wrap your noggin around that mystery).

Well, my noggin’s spinning a bit, LOL! Does faith trump blood atonement? It should be old news to you that ceremonial sacrifice to appease the gods, particularly human sacrifice, is found in many religions. Even royal incest and the ritual cannibalism of the misfit progeny thereof, was modestly hinted at in the Bible (Genesis 9:22 KJV; 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV; Revelation 2:20 KJV; 1Kings 18:17, 18, 19; 2Kings 9:36 KJV, 2Kings 9:37 KJV). Didn’t Abraham attempt to sacrifice Isaac: Genesis 22:7, 8, 15, 16, 17, 18 with particular interest in Genesis 22:19 KJV? Reflect again on Genesis 22:8 KJV. The blood of animals was shed before being sacrificed and sprinkled in the temple in Israelite ceremonies corroborated in Gen 9:4 KJV, Lev 19:26 KJV, Deu 12:23 KJV; 1Samuel 14:34 KJV… To the contrary, pagan religions practiced incest as a manner of reincarnation (‘reborn’), and they sacrificed their misfit progeny that were roasted alive (Leviticus 18:21 KJV; 2Kings 23:10 KJV) and ceremonially devoured as another aspect of reincarnation (Revelation 2:20 KJV).

Abraham was about to filet Isaac and roast him… Do you think Abraham was a real person? What did Abraham tell Isaac: “My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering” (Genesis 22:8 KJV)? What’s particularly unique to a burnt offering is that Noah instituted this ceremony involving “clean beasts” immediately following the flood (Genesis 8:20 KJV) which ‘appeased’ God (Gen 8:21 KJV, Gen 8:22 KJV). It appears as though clean beasts were uniquely non-predatory among other differences. But, that doesn’t mean God’s wrath won’t be poured out upon life as we know it, again (Luke 3:2, 7; Mat 23:33 KJV). I don’t think Jesus bled to death on the cross, although His blood was shed. His body wasn’t burned, but His Spirit ‘ascended’ from the cross leaving His flesh body to resurrect (John 19:30 KJV).

Perhaps Jesus’ immaculate conception is a bit of a stretch also, Freelight. Isaiah’s Messianic progenitor (Isaiah 65:9) was miraculously conceived (Genesis 29:31 KJV, Genesis 29:35 KJV). Judah’s father Jacob-Israel was miraculously conceived (Genesis 25:21 KJV). Jacob’s father Isaac was miraculously conceived (Genesis 18:10 KJV). Even John the baptizer was miraculously conceived (Luke 1:13, 18). Are you grasping a theme, here? And, you’re telling me I “don't even know if a historical Jesus existed, or is some configuration of a myth maybe built upon a particular man or men, but later historicized, or aspects of the historical mythologized (play-reversal)”? I find your humor quite amusing, Sarah Freelight (Genesis 18:13 KJV, Genesis 18:14 KJV), ;)!

I respect my religious history,....so do not discount the potential of 'faith', its dynamic powers and all, but the 'vicarious blood-atonement' concept I don't currently buy. Father's love or forgiveness does not have to be earned by blood-sacrifice, but by simple repentance, returning to him with heart and soul, in sincerity, returning to what is right, returning to integrity, truth, honesty, humility.

I humbly appreciate your faith, and reflect on your notion of repentance, Freelight. I scoff at the guilt-laden aspect of blood atonement typically used by Bible thumpers pointing their long boney, hypocritical fingers casting guilt trips from the pulpits. Those advocates often associate their guilt-laden ‘alter call’ with the verse taken out of context: “Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin” (John 8:34 KJV). As with verse John 8:24 KJV, Jesus was speaking directly and exclusively to those non-Israelites (John 8:33 KJV) premeditating His crucifixion. Those verses ignorantly taken out of context and used accusing the brethren typically inspires me to mount my war horse! I do not subscribe to shame-based theology (Romans 5:5 KJV; Hebrews 12:1 KJV, Hebrews 12:2 KJV).

When I say my adoption papers were signed in the precious blood of the Lamb, I declare the authenticity of Jesus being a pure-blooded Israelite descendant of Judah (Isaiah 65:9) and his daughter-in-law Tamar (Mat 1:3), whose Israelite heritage (daughter of a priest) can only be deduced in Scripture, to my finding (Genesis 28:24 KJV; Lev 21:9 KJV). Thereby, I declare Jesus being God’s sacrificial Lamb in human flesh without spot or blemish, and His blood was shed to preempt the wrath of God for those who believe through faith, as did Noah and his antediluvian sons. Without spot or blemish means to me that Jesus’ ancestry, His hame, His bloodline are entirely intact, a just man and perfect in His generations (Gen 6:9 KJV, Gen 6:10 KJV), and uncorrupted (Deuteronomy 7:1, 2, 3; Deuteronomy 23:2, 3, 6; Ezra 9:1, 2, Ezra 9:7 KJV).

Atonement was mentioned some 82 times in the OT, and only once in the NT by Paul in Romans 5:11 KJV. By submitting to crucifixion, Jesus was fulfilling the FIRST half of the commandment He received from His Father (John 10:17, 18). Subsequent to His innocent blood being willfully shed following His’ Father’s command, now the opportunity arose for His resurrection, the SECOND half of the commandment. Thereby, God ended animal sacrifices exclusively incumbent upon the Israelite descendants of the Hebrew Abraham, who was the descendant of Eber/Heber (Luke 3:34, 35), who was a descendant of Noah’s son, Shem (Genesis 10:21 KJV) Furthermore, this Sacrificial completion opened the door of hope for salvation to Gentile descendants of Noah’s son Japheth (Genesis 9:27, 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5 KJV) who apparently didn’t perform animal sacrifices.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ. Your mention of “Loving Father” and “Father’s love” seems a bit less definitive. Do you love the God of Fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? Wasn’t Abraham a loving father? He sired progeny via Hagar, Sarah, Keturah and concubines. I’m utterly resolved Abraham loved “the children of Keturah” (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4); but, they apparently had other plans during Abraham’s funeral (Genesis 25:9 KJV)… kinda like Esau out in the wilderness hunting Hittite hotties returning to Jacob’s meal of mourning over the death of Abraham. Esau came home with stale wine on his breath, wreaking of cheap perfume, and with hickey’s all over him, ROFLOL! Speaking of my delusions…

Jesus did tell those instigating His crucifixion, “I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins; for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins” (John 8:24 KJV). I previously suggested their sins included the predatory, premeditating murder of a righteous man. Indeed that was the case, and there’s more to that story. They judged according to the flesh (John 8:15 KJV). What does that mean?

Listen to these accounts of Jesus’ genetic healing miracles as He said something along the lines, ‘thy sins be forgiven thee, thy faith has made thee whole’: Mark 2:5 KJV, Mark 2:9 KJV; Luke 7:48 KJV. This reveals a different aspect of ‘sin’ that we do not consider, today. Those flesh afflictions were genetic and heritable. One so afflicted was of impure ancestry assumed to be the progeny of ancestral violations of God’s laws regarding procreation found mostly in Leviticus, Leviticus 20:17 KJV being an example. Wasn’t Abraham married to his half-sister by the same father? Do recall Isaac was miraculously conceived (Genesis 18:14 KJV). Isaac was married to his cousin Rebekah, and Jacob was miraculously conceived (Genesis 25:21 KJV). Jacob was married to two cousin-sister wives contrary to Leviticus 18:18 KJV, and Judah was miraculously conceived (Genesis 29:31, 35).

Listen again to those detractors, “We be Abraham’s seed…” and “we be not born of fornication…” (John 8:33 KJV, John 8:41 KJV). They were proclaiming unadulterated ancestry as they glossed over Judah’s pristine ancestry, btw. Just like Abraham, Judah was a sperm donor (Genesis 25:1, 2, 3, 4). Considering Isaiah 65:9; who was Jesus’ ancestress, Tamar (Mat 1:3 KJV)? Who was Keturah? Now, please reconsider Jesus’ words to them, “Which of you convinceth me of sin? And, if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?” (John 8:46 KJV). Jesus, without spot or blemish, had no genetic afflictions. Perhaps the title “Hypocrites!” (Matthew 23:13, 14, 15, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27) is more encompassing than we realize. Jesus’ blood was shed authenticating Him as the Son of God fulfilling Genesis 3:15 KJV; John 10:17, 18. When I proclaim my adoption papers were signed in the precious blood of the Lamb, I’m declaring Jesus an authentic Pharzite-Israelite Jew, and I’m His adopted flesh blood-brother, figuratively speaking. His blood was shed following God’s command for the remission of sin (Mat 26:27 KJV, Mat 26:28 KJV). I think believing through faith that Jesus, and Him crucified, is the Son of God, trumps faith without this testimony.

KAY: It’s a rather interesting phenomenon common in days not long past, that the first born, when they figured out the birds and the bees... the firstborn invariably started counting backwards from their birth date. I suppose there's just something reassuring resolving concerns one might just be a 'sperm of the moment' baby. And, Messiah Jesus' arrival generation was prophesied some "seventy and sevenfold" generations prior (Genesis 4:24 KJV, Luke 3:38-23). I get the impression Jesus was not a 'sperm of the moment' conception. And, I gain much assurance knowing this as but a small component in my utter resolve of Jesus' divine origin.

A significant component of my resolve includes the magnificence of Jesus' genetic healing miracles, to my finding. Jesus made mention of this significance as He was accused of blasphemy in John 10:36 KJV, John 10:37 KJV, John 10:38 KJV. This is a profound revelation to Jesus' divine origin, particularly realizing the telepathic difference between His, and His disciples' methods. I'm not sure if you've been in this arena; but, parents of an afflicted child, through their own DNA, bare a tremendous burden they are the cause of their precious child's suffering: How can God allow this to happen to a blessed child? You may find it interesting, but Noah's son Ham was the father of heritable genetic afflictions (Genesis 9:22 KJV, Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV). So, there's a glimpse to the accuracy Jesus' answer in John 9:1, 2, 3, although there's more to that story.

FREELIGHT: I see those areas hold a great interest for you.

Because of our varied religious interests and theological perspectives,...we obviously have different investments in particular areas and subjects, hence our returns offer different reflections. Perhaps these more freelance dialogues could be had in my 'cosmic cafe' thread? just a thought, unless you still want to hash out the subject of Jesus divinity as germane to this thread.

Your generous invitation to your ‘cosmic cafe’ thread is sincerely appreciated Freelight, indeed. Thank you! I’m entirely honored with your participation here, in fact. So, grab your hookah… and we’ll “hash out the subject of Jesus’ divinity as germane to this thread.” I’m as resolute Jesus is the Son of God, as I am the son of my father, although I have heard slanderous accusations in both accounts. Even folk in my corner of the county have told me I’m my father’s son not knowing who I was! We favor… and, folk tell my son who his father is… we favor. So much for flesh themes in “tight” circles, right? My flesh father raised me, and God raised His Son ‘gestating’ some 4,300 years with the last nine months in Mary’s womb: “seventy and sevenfold” inclusive generations (Genesis 4:24 KJV, Luke 3:38-23).

I suppose one way to meet the Creator is to study His creation, although there are plenty of skeptics clueless about the genetic matters of Scripture. You have your abstract perspective which appears to be a top -> down approach. My perspective is more along the lines of a bottom -> up trajectory. You have your impressive literary philosophical and theological resources beyond the Bible; and, I have my resources from the physical world exploring the likes of Nobel Prize winners Meselson & Stahl, and Watson & Crick.

http://www.chemheritage.org/discove...ecules/dna/watson-crick-wilkins-franklin.aspx

http://www.pnas.org/content/101/52/17895.full

Freelight, in one breath you tell me you’ve “never contested Jesus having a 'God' and 'Father' which is evident in him being the Son of God by definition, origination and relationship.” By definition, isn’t that a ‘gimme’? The Trin’s don’t buy it. Yet, you never attested that Jesus was the Son of God in your slogans “Loving Father” and “Father’s love”, perhaps elsewhere. In the next breath you presumptuously and rather audaciously stated that I, kayaker, “don't even know if a historical Jesus existed, or is some configuration of a myth maybe built upon a particular man or men, but later historicized, or aspects of the historical mythologized (play-reversal)”? Talk about “play reversal”, :). You’ve claimed to be a “liberal gnostic”, an “agnostic”, a “gnostic”, a “mystic” and a “charismatic”. I always wondered what a “Unitarian” is. Perhaps when the smoke settles from our hookahs…

kayaker

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Responding only in parts, lest this get too long winded......

Responding only in parts, lest this get too long winded......

Thanks for your generous patience, Freelight. I'm summoned out of town occasionally, and I'm unable to promptly respond at times.

You're welcome, I'll just address a few points (some again) for the time being, keeping things somewhat succinct, I know that's hard for us wordsmiths ;) - but worth a try.

We are both beyond total inerrancy of the Bible, Freelight.

That's good to hear,....no book written by men could be wholly inerrant, however we define the term, neither infallible as finite minds and limited human language paints the canvas, leaving open an endless array of 'interpretation'.

With sincere respect and appreciation for Keypurr and his post, I hereby proclaim that I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ. To you that’s a slogan, a football team’s ‘war cry’ for instance… to me it’s my public vow and testimony. Perhaps you’ll transcend to this state resolve one day, as God so chooses (Matthew 20:16 KJV, Matthew 22:14 KJV).

I see you're still going on about the 'slogan', which is what it is from the perspective I'm approaching it at, compared to other religious slogans (which the Trinitarian creed could be qualify as). That keypurrs slogan is also your public vow and testimony, so be it. I find nothing wrong with calling it a 'slogan' in the context I'm comparing it to, but if it offends too much perhaps I'll not use that term again, - these are just words, its all 'relative'. I know you may not like my liberal relativistic approach or epistemology,...but that's how things are at the moment. All things are subject to change.

Respectfully, you impress me as one who embraces multiple spirits therewith constructing a ‘universal father’ theme. Perhaps that’s sufficient in your walk… but, I sorta have to go out and battle evil from time to time (I’m not military, respectfully). Do we at least agree Satan is a spiritual father, at least a weekend warrior type? Proclaiming this vow to the God of my Lord Jesus Christ projects a unique exclusion of any possibility for the subliminal inclusion of the often underestimated “prince of this world” (John 14:30 KJV, John 14:31 KJV).

'God' is the Universal Father of all creation, the First Source and Center of all. Recognizing this does not discount the reality of evil, rebellion, imperfection, corruption in the realms of conditional existence (space-time) where potential evil exists, and the possibilities thereof. The Urantia Papers expound on this amply, and I just noticed a few of my posts on 'evil' are no longer available, because some older threads on the subject have been deleted.

Please keep in mind that one doing the spiritual/physical will of Satan, typically oblivious to one’s relationship, does so willingly… even enthusiastically with zeal and passion, purpose… even with compelling justification (John 11:47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53). One cannot rape a willing participant, and one may have no regrets until one wakes up with the blistering gift that keeps on giving. Who was Jesus talking to in John 8:34 KJV, John 8:35 KJV, Freelight? Who was that “untoward generation” Peter spoke of in Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:23 KJV, Acts 2:40 KJV? Who was that “generation” Jesus was speaking to in Matthew 23:33 KJV? Who was John the Baptizer speaking to in Luke 3:7, 8? Even Stephen in Acts 7:51, 52? Rest assured… Spiritual death was defeated on the cross, Freelight. And, those aforementioned folk were doomed from the get go (Genesis 6:5, 6, 7). You resist addressing these questions, but imply you embrace esoteric gnosis of a ‘universal father’.

I think I already shared that a person could be called a child of the devil, if he's being led, inspired, and given over to the will of the devil, but this does not nullify the fact that he is a creation of God, a child of God with inherent divine potential for eternal life and immortality, if he chooses such. We are all the offspring of God. I stand by 'God' being The Universal Father...or more intimately 'Our Father',...I don't see any problem with this, neither did Jesus.

kayaker

I think I already shared that a person could be called a child of the devil, if he's being led, inspired, and given over to the will of the devil, but this does not nullify the fact that he is a creation of God, a child of God with inherent divine potential for eternal life and immortality, if he chooses such. We are all the offspring of God. I stand by 'God' being The Universal Father...or more intimately 'Our Father',...I don't see any problem with this, neither did Jesus.

Sure, Freelight...

I respect the notion God being the Universal Creator, but find distinction God was not the Universal Father, literally speaking (Luke 3:38 KJV). And, Jesus did in fact have a problem with the notion God was the Universal Father. Jesus' dialogue with His detractors was ALL about flesh paternity between John 8:12 and John 8:47: John 8:13 KJV, John 8:18 KJV, John 8:19 KJV, John 8:19 KJV, John 8:26 KJV, John 8:27 KJV, John 8:28 KJV, John 8:29 KJV, John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:39 KJV, John 8:40 KJV.

Ultimately, His detractors took the same position as you in John 8:41 KJV. And, Jesus did in fact have a literal problem with their declaration they "have one Father, even God" (John 8:41 KJV). Please consider the next verse "IF GOD WERE YOUR FATHER, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God..." (John 8:42 KJV). I get the distinct impression Jesus didn't think God was their Father. Jesus went on to tell His detractors (my parenthesis), "Ye are of your (literal) father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do... " (John 8:44 KJV).

Many think the theme of John 8 suddenly shifted from a literal, paternal perspective, to a spiritual perspective, discounting the notion Jesus' literal paternity was challenged by His detractors. Consequently, one cannot answer these questions:

KAYAKER: Who was Jesus talking to in John 8:34 KJV, John 8:35 KJV, Freelight? Who was that “untoward generation” Peter spoke of in Acts 2:22 KJV, Acts 2:23 KJV, Acts 2:40 KJV? Who was that “generation” Jesus was speaking to in Matthew 23:33 KJV? Who was John the Baptizer speaking to in Luke 3:7, 8? Even Stephen in Acts 7:51, 52? Rest assured… Spiritual death was defeated on the cross, Freelight. And, those aforementioned folk were doomed from the get go (Genesis 6:5, 6, 7). You resist addressing these questions, but imply you embrace esoteric gnosis of a ‘universal father’.

We certainly agree God is the Universal Creator. But, we certainly disagree God was the literal Universal Father, speaking of subliminal serpentine inclusions in folks' testimonies OR slogans!

To each their own, indeed!

kayaker

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Excuse me for butting in, friends.

Kayaker, this is your comment:

Paul was more astute in the Books of Moshe than Unitarians or Trinitarians, LOL!

You don't seem to realize that Trinity was invented by Trinitarians. Unitarian's name came after rejecting trinity doctrine. They are opposers of trinity doctrine.

kayaker

Excuse me for butting in, friends.

Kayaker, this is your comment:

You don't seem to realize that Trinity was invented by Trinitarians. Unitarian's name came after rejecting trinity doctrine. They are opposers of trinity doctrine.

Thanks for sharing, Meshak... This is most definitely not in my skill set. I do not subscribe to the notion Jesus and God were the same entity, the were not the 'same'. I suppose I'm more of a Utilitarian, LOL! But, thanks for reading along! Nonetheless, Paul had remarkable insight into the OT! I personally think Paul's due more credit than most give him.

kayaker

keypurr

You are very kind and diplomatic, Keypurr!

I am curious though. Do you consider your statement "I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ" to be a testimony? Or, a slogan?

kayaker

Its my belief friend. It states what I see in God's words.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
This little piggy got away.....

This little piggy got away.....

We come from different walks in life… I walk in a theatre commanding finite, yet fallible precision, knowledge, and evidence with the relentless pursuit, thereof. And, your theatre appears to be on the other end of the spectrum in the infinite spiritual abyss. The boogie man exists in my physical and mental theatre Freelight, perhaps I’ll bring to this table his most evil physical manifestation as a component of heritable genetic afflictions. Jesus healed the dude! Do you prefer the palate of the abyss, Freelight? Ham’s wife poured the wine in Noah’s tent… I hooked up with her at a Napa Valley wine tasting event last week.

I would more accurately see my view as including the entirety of the spectrum,....the zero-point center of infinity and its endless expansion. That's not exactly what one might call an 'infinite spiritual abyss',....its more like 'Ain Soph' in the Kabbalistic schools....the Infinte itself, or sheer infinity.

I appreciate your positions, Freelight. There’s just little or nothing to hang one’s hat on, except one’s own head (Ezra 9:8 KJV).

I try to see 'positions' for being what they are, and fluid or changeable at that. If I look out from pure awareness itself, I can see 'positions' for being mainly sustained because of 'limited' point of view, depending on where one stands. I don't think I need any-thing to hang onto, since I AM already fine being what I truly AM ;) - referring to pure 'being' or 'consciousness' itself. I abide in what is present, as the presence of awareness. That is good enough for me, and is all that really IS anyways.

Perhaps that’s due to our different walks in life; but, I’m having difficulty perceiving direct resolve from your diction:

freelight wrote:
I've never contested Jesus having a 'God' and 'Father' which is evident in him being the Son of God by definition, origination and relationship.

That sounds like resolve… “never contested” is not the same as having ‘ever attested’, Freelight. Elsewhere, perhaps. “Heavenly Father” might be a slogan to you… although such resonates with the Lord’s Prayer. “Loving Father” sorta leaves the dance floor open for sublime, serpentine opportunists. You ever ‘dance with the devil in the pale moonlight’, lol? There’s also a significant difference between making a commitment, and making a contribution: The chicken, cow, and the pig agreed to reward their wonderful farmer with a gift. The chicken suggested a fabulous breakfast: ham, scrambled eggs and cheese. The cow thought that was a pretty good idea too!

My statement holds, as I was just confirming the fact that I recognize that Jesus has a 'God' and 'Father', as attested by his own testimony relationally speaking, reminding others that I've held a similar Unitarian view in those respects as keypurr.

We'll pass on the "funny farm" comments :crackup:

drbrumley

Its my belief friend. It states what I see in God's words.

“Try to explain the Trinity, and you may lose your mind; Deny it, and you may lose your soul.”

It is Bible doctrine. The only reason we believe it is because the Bible teaches it.

You say, “I can’t put any faith in something I can’t understand.” Well then, don’t turn on the lights.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
literalizing the passage.................

literalizing the passage.................

Sure, Freelight...

I respect the notion God being the Universal Creator, but find distinction God was not the Universal Father, literally speaking (Luke 3:38 KJV). And, Jesus did in fact have a problem with the notion God was the Universal Father. Jesus' dialogue with His detractors was ALL about flesh paternity between John 8:12 and John 8:47: John 8:13 KJV, John 8:18 KJV, John 8:19 KJV, John 8:19 KJV, John 8:26 KJV, John 8:27 KJV, John 8:28 KJV, John 8:29 KJV, John 8:33 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:39 KJV, John 8:40 KJV.

Ultimately, His detractors took the same position as you in John 8:41 KJV. And, Jesus did in fact have a literal problem with their declaration they "have one Father, even God" (John 8:41 KJV). Please consider the next verse "IF GOD WERE YOUR FATHER, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God..." (John 8:42 KJV). I get the distinct impression Jesus didn't think God was their Father. Jesus went on to tell His detractors (my parenthesis), "Ye are of your (literal) father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do... " (John 8:44 KJV).

Are you proposing above that the devil was these peoples LITERAL father? How was/is he their 'literal' father? You mean having the same DNA, a kind of biological offspring? (since your riding the dna band-wagon), or is it just as I shared, the devil was their 'father' because they were being led by his thoughts, will and desires to murder Jesus, they being his 'children' being 'figurative' by their motivation. Where do you draw the line? How do you know you are not a child of the devil?

Symbolically we can go all over the board here, - for instance, when you sin, are you at that time a 'child of the devil'? :idunno: What qualifies one to be a child of 'God' or the 'devil' in a literal (or perhaps 'figurative' sense)? Were does DNA fit into this picture, it at all ? Are all those not 'born of God' (by experience of spiritual rebirth/regeneration, etc.) automatically assumed to be 'children' of the devil?

keypurr

“Try to explain the Trinity, and you may lose your mind; Deny it, and you may lose your soul.”

It is Bible doctrine. The only reason we believe it is because the Bible teaches it.

You say, “I can’t put any faith in something I can’t understand.” Well then, don’t turn on the lights.

The Trinity is easy to describe, its a pagan doctrine that was pushed into the early church. All souls are mine says the Lord, trust him not church creeds and doctrines.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Research all things for yourself......

Research all things for yourself......

Your generous invitation to your ‘cosmic cafe’ thread is sincerely appreciated Freelight, indeed. Thank you!

Just read the OP and the dialogue, its not too large a thread as of yet, so you know my guidelines for discussion. Be pre-cautioned, its a full on fun, and totally cosmic adventure, fairly open to various subjects as covered by the menu-context hinted at and covered so far, with much open to spontaneity and ad-lib creation. It also will serve as a nexus-center of sharing my own spiritual journey-points and resource venues. Its 'eclectic' eating for sure ;)

I suppose one way to meet the Creator is to study His creation, although there are plenty of skeptics clueless about the genetic matters of Scripture. You have your abstract perspective which appears to be a top -> down approach. My perspective is more along the lines of a bottom -> up trajectory. You have your impressive literary philosophical and theological resources beyond the Bible; and, I have my resources from the physical world exploring the likes of Nobel Prize winners Meselson & Stahl, and Watson & Crick.

Well, I'm not too heavenly minded that I'm no earthly good, as I enjoy very mundane things too, like gardening, botany, hiking, sight-seeing, appreciating the beauty and diversity of creation, indeed! I see the creative Spirit behind all creation, substance and form, and on some levels, very elemental (verging on pantheist/pagan/wiccan under-tones), - the totality of all certainly includes both visible and invisible worlds, the spiritual and material, and all inbetween.

Freelight, in one breath you tell me you’ve “never contested Jesus having a 'God' and 'Father' which is evident in him being the Son of God by definition, origination and relationship.” By definition, isn’t that a ‘gimme’? The Trin’s don’t buy it. Yet, you never attested that Jesus was the Son of God in your slogans “Loving Father” and “Father’s love”, perhaps elsewhere.

That Jesus is the Son of God kinda goes without saying, if there is any meaning to the word 'Son' or 'Father'. Since John attests that the main purpose of writing his gospel was for readers to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and by that have 'life' in his name, I suppose that 'attestation' is already gridlocked in the context :)

In the next breath you presumptuously and rather audaciously stated that I, kayaker, “don't even know if a historical Jesus existed, or is some configuration of a myth maybe built upon a particular man or men, but later historicized, or aspects of the historical mythologized (play-reversal)”? Talk about “play reversal”, :). You’ve claimed to be a “liberal gnostic”, an “agnostic”, a “gnostic”, a “mystic” and a “charismatic”. I always wondered what a “Unitarian” is. Perhaps when the smoke settles from our hookahs…

Yes,...I'm quite open to agnostic/skeptical perspectives too, as I research any info.,.....you have to be intelligently skeptical to a proper degree to test any proposition. On these grounds I enjoy Robert M Price, the Bible geek....and his wit on various biblical themes. -its an intellectually honest approach, without venturing too much faith in the unproven.

For a clear definition of what a 'biblical unitarian' is, try here for starters :)

Now 'Unitarian-Universalists' are another category unto themselves, which may include Christian Unitarians, but also any other religious tradition who believes in the common unity and synthesis of all religions working towards the common goal of human brotherhood, social service and progress for all mankind.

drbrumley

The Trinity is easy to describe, its a pagan doctrine that was pushed into the early church. All souls are mine says the Lord, trust him not church creeds and doctrines.

You see Keypurr, this is the issue........because I believe in the trinity, you automatically say I trust church creeds and doctrines and not the Lord.

As the 2nd point in my sig says, the trinity is in the scriptures. You deny it, and that's fine. If you truely want to know, he will show you.

keypurr

You see Keypurr, this is the issue........because I believe in the trinity, you automatically say I trust church creeds and doctrines and not the Lord.

As the 2nd point in my sig says, the trinity is in the scriptures. You deny it, and that's fine. If you truely want to know, he will show you.

I, at one time, believed as you do. But now I do not see it as coming from God. It is not easy to go against tradition and family to live your faith. But after many years of study, I had to discard the doctrines that the early church fathers brought into the church that Christ started. Jesus Christ did not preach a Trinity God, he said his Father was the only true God, that is who I listen to.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I, at one time, believed as you do. But now I do not see it as coming from God. It is not easy to go against tradition and family to live your faith. But after many years of study, I had to discard the doctrines that the early church fathers brought into the church that Christ started. Jesus Christ did not preach a Trinity God, he said his Father was the only true God, that is who I listen to.

Keypurr, you do realize that you have an unhealthy obsession with this issue? It's not accurate to say that the Trinity was simply imported into Christianity like the Pagan atonement doctrine was. Jesus said things about his own identity, powers and authority which left believers with the realization that he is Gods divine Son. You may wish that not to be the case and simply ignore Jesus own words but it wont change what the truth actually is

RBBI

The Lord ever show you anything in the Word and it was all you could "see" in every book until He was finished building that part of the strong tower? Let the Master builder build. Peace

keypurr

Keypurr, you do realize that you have an unhealthy obsession with this issue? It's not accurate to say that the Trinity was simply imported into Christianity like the Pagan atonement doctrine was. Jesus said things about his own identity, powers and authority which left believers with the realization that he is Gods divine Son. You may wish that not to be the case and simply ignore Jesus own words but it wont change what the truth actually is

Man has mishandled the words intrusted to him. As a result, most do not see truth. The son of God is my Lord and Brother. He taught me to pray to his Father, that's what I do, for he is my Father also.

Hearmyvoice

Kayaker

Kayaker

This appears to be your latest post.....hopefully you return soon. When you do please clean your message board so you can receive new messages. When you do please notify me....I need to ask you something!

Elia

Denial of the deity of Jesus

Bs"d

Somebody who accepts it transgresses the first of the Ten Commandments:

"And God spoke all these words, saying, "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage; YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME."
Ex 20:1

KingdomRose

Are they Christian?

Anyone who believes that Jesus is God's Son, but not God Almighty, and who follows him....they are Christian.

Jesus himself made it clear that he was subordinate to the Father (who is God). See John 17:3; John 14:28; I Corinthians 11:3.

Jesus is DIVINE, but not part of a "godhead" or a trinity of gods.

KingdomRose

Nope, Just not possible.

Jesus said, "Unless you believe that I am HE you will die in your sins" John 8:24.

What did he mean by that? Your quote, taken out of context, could mean "I am the Easter bunny."

If we read the whole chapter, we see that he identifies himself as "the Light of the world" (verse 12). He said whoever follows him will have life. Then in verse 25 he tells the Pharisees that he had been telling them from the beginning (of his ministry) who he was. It couldn't have been that he was God, because in verse 28 he clearly states that he couldn't do anything by himself, but only what he learned from the Father (God).

"So Jesus said, 'When you lift up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and I do nothing of my own initiative, but I speak these things as the Father taught me'" (verse 28, NASB).

Does that sound like he was telling them that he was God?