Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then that's just blind faith, not a problem with all the various concurring scientific dating methods available that don't help Genesis with being a narrative and factual account.
Actually, I have only taken one course in differential equations.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Your credibility is horrendous. I don't care what religion you claim. Your claimed religion does not save you from your real behavior. Later.
I do not know what you have against me, and if I were to guess I know I do/would not even understand that.

I did not know you were addressing my credibility, and I do not know what fault you find in me.

Stuu

I don't have the same questions you do, but I hope you see I have reasons for believing what I do.
I think you have very poor reasons for believing what you do.

What you believe is not factually correct by a very long stretch, so all that leaves you with is wishful thinking. I'm not sure why you would want to believe the Judeo-christian mythology to be true, either.

Stuart

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I think you have very poor reasons for believing what you do.

What you believe is not factually correct by a very long stretch, so all that leaves you with is wishful thinking. I'm not sure why you would want to believe the Judeo-christian mythology to be true, either.

Stuart
I do have reasons, but my degree will hopefully be in computer science and computer engineering, so it is not in science. But mathematics and philosophy, I have taken those courses. And I have read the Bible. Oh and Physics and HS Astronomy and some Chemistry. But no Biology except back in High School.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This leads me to ask the question: What is a fact?

This inspiration (new thread, click on link) is a take-off from what we have been discussing here, but I don't want to cloud the intention of the author of the OP nor detract from further questions about my position here if there are any more.

Stuu

I do have reasons, but my degree will hopefully be in computer science and computer engineering, so it is not in science. But mathematics and philosophy, I have taken those courses. And I have read the Bible. Oh and Physics and HS Astronomy and some Chemistry. But no Biology except back in High School.
I'm not sure what that has to do with you being completely wrong about natural history. You don't have to have a degree in biology to learn some biology. I know how wrong you are and the last time I studied biology formally was when I was 15.

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Untellectual,

I think you are too much for them to handle, being slippery and noguru giving up on you. Sounds like their rhetoric has little to do with the FACT that God created life and earth, not necessarily 6,000 years ago, but no one wants to go and read my thread on Creation vs. Evolution, Page 1, Post No. 1. I don't want to retype the whole thing here and am not about to. If they read that, they might have a different outlook. I say, you've done a marvelous job of standing up for Our God.

Very Good Job,

Michael

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure what that has to do with you being completely wrong about natural history. You don't have to have a degree in biology to learn some biology. I know how wrong you are and the last time I studied biology formally was when I was 15.

Stuart
What do you mean by "natural history"? Thanks.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Dear Untellectual,

I think you are too much for them to handle, being slippery and noguru giving up on you. Sounds like their rhetoric has little to do with the FACT that God created life and earth, not necessarily 6,000 years ago, but no one wants to go and read my thread on Creation vs. Evolution, Page 1, Post No. 1. I don't want to retype the whole thing here and am not about to. If they read that, they might have a different outlook. I say, you've done a marvelous job of standing up for Our God.

Very Good Job,

Michael
God Bless.

Stuu

What do you mean by "natural history"? Thanks.
The sequence of historical events (over not just human history but the course of geological time) that can be reasonably concluded based on the weight of empirical evidence. Or words to that effect.

Stuart

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The sequence of historical events (over not just human history but the course of geological time) that can be reasonably concluded based on the weight of empirical evidence. Or words to that effect.

Stuart
I do have questions about what is geological time. The first thing I think of is fossils that extend through multiple layers of rock.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Rapidly deposited flood sediment, usually, if you're talking about the usual YEC hobby horse.
I am concluding this is evidence for the flood, yes. Not long periods of time between layers, but a relatively short period of time.

gcthomas

I am concluding this is evidence for the flood, yes. Not long periods of time between layers, but a relatively short period of time.

For a flood, not the flood. These sediments are very restricted in geographical size and in no way even remotely global.

There are, for example, chalk deposits discussed a few weeks ago that are so undeniably the result of non-flood sediment that the YECs in the discussion sought to deny the physical nature of chalk.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
For a flood, not the flood. These sediments are very restricted in geographical size and in no way even remotely global.

There are, for example, chalk deposits discussed a few weeks ago that are so undeniably the result of non-flood sediment that the YECs in the discussion sought to deny the physical nature of chalk.
I don't think I am aware of what you speak (regarding chalk).

As for the flood, how much water and sediment do you believe there was to have this situation with one fossil, as an example, being found in/through multiple layers?

gcthomas

I don't think I am aware of what you speak (regarding chalk).

As for the flood, how much water and sediment do you believe there was to have this situation with one fossil, as an example, being found in/through multiple layers?

You can see them forming now in the flood zones around some rivers and lakes, as living trees become slowly buried year to year. The layers are the annual deposits of mud, which can be substantial in small areas, and they don't match the often enormous periods of time represented by the layer boundaries in rocks where uplift and erosion can be seen. There is none of this observed in the mud layers.

You really should look up the nature of chalk with an open mind, as it is amazing stuff!

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You can see them forming now in the flood zones around some rivers and lakes, as living trees become slowly buried year to year. The layers are the annual deposits of mud, which can be substantial in small areas, and they don't match the often enormous periods of time represented by the layer boundaries in rocks where uplift and erosion can be seen. There is none of this observed in the mud layers.

You really should look up the nature of chalk with an open mind, as it is amazing stuff!
I believe there may be evidences that can be seen even today of a worldwide flood having occurred in the not-to-distant past.

gcthomas

I believe there may be evidences that can be seen even today of a worldwide flood having occurred in the not-to-distant past.

None that geologists know of. All the ones I've seen are mistaken or manipulated.

Tell me the best one, and I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.