Country Singer Randy Howard shot dead in home by Bounty Hunter

Nazaroo

If you were wondering if Constitutional rights were eroding any quicker,
here's a story that ought to make your hair stand up.

Country singer Randy Howard was killed by a bounty hunter in his own home

640.jpg

Randy Howard, a country music singer who has performed with the likes of Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Charlie Daniels, died Tuesday night at the age of 65. Bizarrely, his death seems to be the result of a shootout with a bounty hunter who had arrived at his home to serve him with a warrant. According to localNashville NBC News affiliate WSMV, Howard was facing charges in Marion County for “fourth offense DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a gun while intoxicated and driving on a revoked license.”
After failing to show up in court at the appointed time to contest the DUI charge, a bounty hunter named Jackie Shell was dispatched to Howard’s residence to serve the warrant. Shell claims that Howard fired the first shots, but both men were hit, and Howard died from wounds sustained during the shootout. There is no word yet on the legal ramifications of the incident, but it’s apparently not the first time in the past year that local bounty hunters have been involved in such altercations.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, if you start shooting at somebody without cause like the singer did, expect people to defend themselves if they can.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
According to localNashville NBC News affiliate WSMV, Howard was facing charges in Marion County for “fourth offense DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a gun while intoxicated and driving on a revoked license.”

One less menace to society for the criminal justice system to deal with.

shagster01

If you were wondering if Constitutional rights were eroding any quicker,
here's a story that ought to make your hair stand up.

Country singer Randy Howard was killed by a bounty hunter in his own home

640.jpg

Randy Howard, a country music singer who has performed with the likes of Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, and Charlie Daniels, died Tuesday night at the age of 65. Bizarrely, his death seems to be the result of a shootout with a bounty hunter who had arrived at his home to serve him with a warrant. According to localNashville NBC News affiliate WSMV, Howard was facing charges in Marion County for “fourth offense DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a gun while intoxicated and driving on a revoked license.”
After failing to show up in court at the appointed time to contest the DUI charge, a bounty hunter named Jackie Shell was dispatched to Howard’s residence to serve the warrant. Shell claims that Howard fired the first shots, but both men were hit, and Howard died from wounds sustained during the shootout. There is no word yet on the legal ramifications of the incident, but it’s apparently not the first time in the past year that local bounty hunters have been involved in such altercations.

You don't have a constitutional right to shoot at the guy serving you papers.

Word based mystic

Well, if you start shooting at somebody without cause like the singer did, expect people to defend themselves if they can.

if we know the full story i would agree with your statement.

If the bounty hunter has weapon pulled while crossing property line does property owner consider his life at risk and have a right to shoot trespasser?

It is likely that bounty hunter had gun drawn if both persons were shot in shootout.

the owner very well may have been warning bounty hunter to leave property.

methods of serving a warrant can be done without drawing gun and crossing property line with guns drawn by professionals trained to serve warrants.

Word based mystic

I have a friend who had a burglar break his window and enter his house during the day. the burglar left hearing noise in other room.

my friend/property owner called police to tell them that his house had been broken into and the burglar left.

police were dispatched to investigate.

my friend then was cleaning and clearing glass from window.

officer seeing a man on side of his house near window breaks down front door with guns drawn seeing my friend turn around near window and saying I am home owner, the officer shoots him twice.

once in belly and once in side. the side bullet is still resting against his spine to this day and surgeons will not remove it do to High % of nerve damage.

He almost bleed out.

remember police were called by homeowner and told burglar had left.

Did not identify themselves as door kicked in.

homeowner did not have weapon.

police officer must have been on adrenalin rush.

was never disciplined and is presently captain in local police dept.

i am pretty sure my friend received compensation but he never discusses it.

He is a youth pastor.

Nazaroo

We don't know what happened, because one of the witnesses is conveniently dead.

Only in the USA could a private business be made out of law enforcement.

With the obvious results.

Entertainment instead of justice and transparency.

How do you feel about Blackwater serving domestic warrants?

This Charming Manc

One of the few times i've agreed with you, this tragedy has could probably have been minimized by

The actions of the accused
The use of professional law enforcement
Less guns in play

We don't know what happened, because one of the witnesses is conveniently dead.

Only in the USA could a private business be made out of law enforcement.

With the obvious results.

Entertainment instead of justice and transparency.

How do you feel about Blackwater serving domestic warrants?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
One of the few times i've agreed with you, this tragedy has could probably have been minimized by

The actions of the accused
The use of professional law enforcement
Less guns in play

Take #2 up with the Supreme Court:

Taylor vs. Taintor – 83 U.S. 366 (1872)

This U.S. Supreme Court Case is what most refer to regarding the rights to apprehend a fugitive for failure to appear (FTA) in court. The single paragraph below is commonly cited:

When bail is given, the principal is regarded as delivered to the custody of his sureties. Their dominion is a continuance of the original imprisonment. Whenever they choose to do so, they may seize him and deliver him up in their discharge; and if that cannot be done at once, they may imprison him until it can be done. They may exercise their rights in person or by agent. They may pursue him into another State; may arrest him on the Sabbath; and if necessary, may break and enter his house for that purpose. The seizure is not made by virtue of new process. None is needed. It is likened to the rearrest by the sheriff of an escaping prisoner.
http://fugitiverecovery.com/bail-bond-laws/

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have a friend who had a burglar break his window and enter his house during the day. the burglar left hearing noise in other room.

my friend/property owner called police to tell them that his house had been broken into and the burglar left.

police were dispatched to investigate.

my friend then was cleaning and clearing glass from window.

officer seeing a man on side of his house near window breaks down front door with guns drawn seeing my friend turn around near window and saying I am home owner, the officer shoots him twice.

once in belly and once in side. the side bullet is still resting against his spine to this day and surgeons will not remove it do to High % of nerve damage.

He almost bleed out.

remember police were called by homeowner and told burglar had left.

Did not identify themselves as door kicked in.

homeowner did not have weapon.

police officer must have been on adrenalin rush.

was never disciplined and is presently captain in local police dept.

i am pretty sure my friend received compensation but he never discusses it.

He is a youth pastor.

I knew a guy who knew a guy...

This Charming Manc

I'm not saying its not legal i'm saying it may not be the best way.

Moron
Private Law Enforcement
Everyone's got 3 guns

vrs

Moron
Accountable, Trained public law Enforcement
Limited availability of Guns

The 2nd probably gives better outcomes.

Take #2 up with the Supreme Court:

Taylor vs. Taintor – 83 U.S. 366 (1872)

This U.S. Supreme Court Case is what most refer to regarding the rights to apprehend a fugitive for failure to appear (FTA) in court. The single paragraph below is commonly cited:

When bail is given, the principal is regarded as delivered to the custody of his sureties. Their dominion is a continuance of the original imprisonment. Whenever they choose to do so, they may seize him and deliver him up in their discharge; and if that cannot be done at once, they may imprison him until it can be done. They may exercise their rights in person or by agent. They may pursue him into another State; may arrest him on the Sabbath; and if necessary, may break and enter his house for that purpose. The seizure is not made by virtue of new process. None is needed. It is likened to the rearrest by the sheriff of an escaping prisoner.
http://fugitiverecovery.com/bail-bond-laws/

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm not saying its not legal i'm saying it may not be the best way.

Moron
Private Law Enforcement
Everyone's got 3 guns

vrs

Moron
Accountable, Trained public law Enforcement
Limited availability of Guns

The 2nd probably gives better outcomes.

It's a given that as a liberal you're against private gun ownership, so let's focus on bounty hunters vs public law enforcement.

Which one does nothing but fugitive arrests? (i.e. they don't write traffic tickets, investigate crimes, etc., they just take into custody criminals who are out on bail and have failed to show up for court).

These people are licensed professionals and do this for a living.

http://www.howtobecomeabountyhunter.com/bounty-hunter-license-and-law-information/

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I'm surprised to see the hardline anti-doper Nazaroo taking up sides with a druggie against the law in this case.

What Randy Howard did was essentially commit "suicide by cop"--or in this case, suicide by ex-cop turned bounty hunter. According to neighbor Terry Dotson, a friend of Randy's who was going to take him to court for his hearing, Randy refused to go. “He said he wasn’t going back to jail. That’s what he told me,” Dotson said.

He got what he wanted.

Granite

Hall of Fame
No "erosion of rights" here at all. He opened fire on a guy who had a legal right to be there, and I say that as a fellow not too crazy about these cowboy semi-vigilante bounty hunter types. Sorry, but Howard knew what he was supposed to do--face the music in court. He shot first. He died. End of story.

Nazaroo

No "erosion of rights" here at all. He opened fire on a guy who had a legal right to be there, and I say that as a fellow not too crazy about these cowboy semi-vigilante bounty hunter types. Sorry, but Howard knew what he was supposed to do--face the music in court. He shot first. He died. End of story.

Any witnesses besides the obviously biased bounty hunter
who may be covering up his own murderous act?

Or do the victors write the history, ...again?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Any witnesses besides the obviously biased bounty hunter
who may be covering up his own murderous act?

Or do the victors write the history, ...again?

There's no advantage at all in a bounty hunter killing someone he's supposed to bring in.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned