Could God forgive without crucifixion?

Ben Masada

What do the scriptures say?

The scriptures say whoever OBEYS will never see death.
The scriptures say whoever EATS this bread will live forever.

To die or not to die has nothing at all to do with obedience. One dies because he has been born. What does a babe have to do with obedience? They die everyday anywhere in the world. On the other hand, whatever we eat no one lives forever. The reason why Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. Eternal life is an attribute of God only and of no man on earth; no one will live forever.

God's Truth

You will have to wait as long as it takes :) Unfortunately TOL is not my only thing to do :)

Well, there are many things that seem unclear in the Bible, but eating flesh is not one of them.

What you quoted, John 6:51, is a part of the answer Jesus gave to the ones who argued with Him. Several verses before He was explaining the issue very plainly to His followers. He explains to them that the reason they're following Him is mostly earthly things like the bread He gave them to eat (John 6:26-27). He tells them not work on the perishable food, but the nonperishable, and finally explains that the required "work" is believing (John 6:29).

That He compares eating (and drinking - it's just an expansion of this figure of speech) to believing so many times that's impossible not to come to plain conclusion - "whoever eats my flesh" = "whoever believes in me".

"the one who believes has eternal life" (v.47)
"Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life" (v. 54)

Lol, so what do you think you have disproved?

God's Truth

To die or not to die has nothing at all to do with obedience. One dies because he has been born. What does a babe have to do with obedience? They die everyday anywhere in the world. On the other hand, whatever we eat no one lives forever. The reason why Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. Eternal life is an attribute of God only and of no man on earth; no one will live forever.

You have disproved nothing that I said. You only gave your opinion that is not from God anywhere in the scriptures.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Christ was the obedient Lamb of God who died for all mankind.

God's Truth

Predi,

Still waiting for you to explain how you eat the flesh of Jesus.

Because, if you do not eat the flesh of Jesus---you will have no life.

Don't you think it is important to know how to eat Jesus' flesh?

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

God's Truth

Read this scripture, it is words from the Creator of the Universe:

John 6:27
Do not work for food that perishes, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For God the Father has placed His seal of approval on Him."

The Creator says YOU HAVE TO WORK to have eternal life.

That working is for FOOD.

Tell me, what work are you doing and what food is it?

John 6:51
I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And this bread, which I will give for the life of the world, is My flesh."

Predi

You have not disproved that. Merely telling someone you do not believe it is not proof that it is not true. Don't you know how to defend your beliefs?

I have shown why "eating flesh" meant "believing", not - as you claimed - "obedience." I've given textual and logical evidence and you say I am "merely telling?" If you choose to ignore some parts of my posts, I choose to ignore all your posts from now on.

God's Truth

I have shown why "eating flesh" meant "believing", not - as you claimed - "obedience." I've given textual and logical evidence and you say I am "merely telling?" If you choose to ignore some parts of my posts, I choose to ignore all your posts from now on.

Jesus says to believe AND EAT.

You have not proven anything except that when it comes to God's Truth, you prefer what some men and women taught you.

God's Truth

The scriptures that tell us TO BELIEVE---they do NOT NULLIFY the scriptures that say to obey!

Who would be behind us not wanting to obey?

Think about it.

God's Truth

I am being gone against for saying we do not just have to believe Jesus' beautiful, powerful, truthful words...we have to do what he says.

Merely believing is DEAD.

Can you imagine, someone telling you the way to get from here to there and
you merely believe what they say instead of actually doing what they say?!!! Did that get you anywhere other than where you were?!!! NO. You will still be in the same place you always were in. The same place you started from.

Some do not even have sense that is common.

What they have is a trap from Satan holding them back, and the only release is to humble yourself and become smaller, so that God can raise you up and exalt you.

James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

God's Truth

Hey Predi,

Do you want to live over here where I am?

Yes?

Okay, let me give you the directions on how to get here.

Do you believe me it is the way to get there?

Yes?

Are you here yet?

(That is the ludicrousy of faith alone.)

Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE.

How are you going to get to the Father without doing what Jesus says?