Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Moving this here from the Ask Knight thread:

there is only one person you can blame if you lose your faith

I don't agree with you because I can't speak for anyone's faith or lack of it or how they got there - except my own.

But saying that person is solely responsible for his lack of faith certainly absolves all those who stood in the way as not being a part of that transition.

How many here will take credit for helping someone "get saved?" I've seen that so many times.

If they can take credit for helping someone get saved, then maybe they should take some blame for being an obstacle. Of course they wouldn't dream of doing that, because of course only God saves... in which case why did they bother trying to help?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Of course you're not. But we already knew that.
I can't imagine any Christian who understands grace desiring anything but salvation for those outside of the Body. It runs contrary to the cross itself and who hung on it.

You pathetic slime ball.
Don't be troubled by the Sods of the world, anna. Bullies wearing any robe are nothing new and nothing special. They aren't emblematic of anything other than the failures of men.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
town illustrates his ignorance of the words of Christ:
I can't imagine any Christian who understands grace desiring anything but salvation for those outside of the Body. It runs contrary to the cross itself and who hung on it.

matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

9 Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses,

10 Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.

12 And when ye come into an house, salute it.

13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.

14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

:mock:town, who thinks he's nicer than God

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
towm illustrates his ignorance of the words of Christ:
I was mostly noting how people like you have one tremendous tell and you parade it at every opportunity. Christ could evidence righteous anger, knowing the hearts of those he spoke to, and knowing that no one merited the grace he then offered and suffered for. . .he also, and much more often than your attempt to self-justify would imply, demonstrated compassion and tenderness. Mostly he did that.

I don't expect you to understand as you're constituted, though it would make me happy to find you changed on the point. I think you'd have a profound witness if it happened. It's something to pray for. In the meantime it's important that people who aren't in the Body understand what's wrong with you and that it isn't a reflection of what Christ intended or set out by example.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
well, yes, actually
I even quoted them
I clipped the rest of your silly blather
You clipped the answer on the point to bury it. Here it is again:

I was mostly noting how people like you have one tremendous tell and you parade it at every opportunity. Christ could evidence righteous anger, knowing the hearts of those he spoke to, and knowing that no one merited the grace he then offered and suffered for. . .he also, and much more often than your attempt to self-justify would imply, demonstrated compassion and tenderness. Mostly he did that.

I don't expect you to understand as you're constituted, though it would make me happy to find you changed on the point. I think you'd have a profound witness if it happened. It's something to pray for. In the meantime it's important that people who aren't in the Body understand what's wrong with you and that it isn't a reflection of what Christ intended or set out by example.

See, one of the differences between what you're doing and what Christ intended is found in my hope for you, supra, and how I'd meet it.

ok doser

to recap, in paraphrase:

Jesus commanded them: whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Sod pulls things out of context to run from the things he can't answer.

What you won't find is an example of Sod approaching Rusha, ever, with anything other than the contempt and hostility he demonstrates at every point, which has nothing to do with Christ, who was mostly meek and who asked for the forgiveness of those in the act of murdering him, who died so that the undeserving, like me or you or Sod, could have life and have it more abundantly.

ok doser

You clipped the answer on the point...

nah - I clipped your feeble attempt to avoid addressing Christ's command of how to handle those who reject His offer of salvation

but hey, it certainly sounds impressive if you call it an "answer on the point" :chuckle:

:mock: town and his feeble "answer on the point"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
nope

Christ's commands are clear and explicit
The cross and what Christ says from it rebuts your mistake.

something a dissembling scumbag lawyer would never understand
This is sod's heart and his witness.It's not how we're supposed to be with one another. But we'll all likely fail the standard. The important thing is to try to reflect our example as often as we can. It won't save you, but gratitude and love should compel you to the attempt to honor the one who did.

Those of you who aren't of the faith, understand this and the distinction. Christ suffered and died loving you. His anger was slow and rare, his mercy and compassion, wisdom and care were the rule of his life. He desired your fulfillment, happiness and relation.

"I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

Status
Not open for further replies.