Controlled Demolition of the Global Economy

eider

Something else I never understood about the gold guys. For years, they've been saying you have to get your gold NOW!, how tomorrow will be too late, how the dollar is going to go Weimar Republic or Zimbabwe any day now, how the only way your family survives is in buying gold, one must suppose offering a free cookbook bonus how to marinade and prepare gold for dinner .................

Gold can work in financial failures without there being civil commotion.
When we were told that it was cool to leave the Government's basic pension plan and go-private, I didn't, 'cos I didn't trust 'private'. Most folks told me I was daft.

But I stayed in the basic pension plan and decided to run my own private pension fund....... I saved up pound coins during each month, and then if I had saved enough I could buy a Gold Sovereign. Sometimes I couldn't reach the Sovereign price so I would buy a Half-sovereign, every month. The years rolled by, and eventually I needed to have a security box in a bank. I have been lucky, because that vault never got burgled!

In the early 2000's the price of gold soared up from £50 a sovereign to £200, and then it raced up to £300 a sovereign! Today it stands at £248 a sovereign. I have never needed to sell any, and expect that one day, long after I have gone, my wife will feel just a little bit more financialy secure.

If the World turns upside down, then it just won't matter anyway. :)

Nimrod

Tell me something, you precious metals guys. If everything does collapse, what good is your gold and silver?

You have multiple extremes in your liberal head.
1. The way you define collapse will never happen. A slow down yes, shoot neighbor dog for food - no.
2.You have no idea how money was created in the first place.
3. Since you are ignorant on #2, you most certainly will not know why Gold is considered money.

To answer what is gold and silver when (not if) paper money becomes worthless, the answer is barter.

Nimrod

Something else I never understood about the gold guys. For years, they've been saying you have to get your gold NOW!, how tomorrow will be too late, how the dollar is going to go Weimar Republic or Zimbabwe

I question why I would post an answer to such a loser like yourself. It baffles me. I personally would rather chat with someone with Rothbardian knowledge.

Who is "they"? Everyone?

Ever hear the phase "Ain't worth a Continental". Those who don't study history is bound to repeat it. Could you name us 1 paper currency that lasted more than 200 years? The dollar will go default because it has to by definition. It is called inflation.

You have multiple extremes in your liberal head.
1. The way you define collapse will never happen. A slow down yes, shoot neighbor dog for food - no.
2.You have no idea how money was created in the first place.
3. Since you are ignorant on #2, you most certainly will not know why Gold is considered money.

To answer what is gold and silver when (not if) paper money becomes worthless, the answer is barter.

Liberal? Me? And since when does somebody from California get to use the word liberal as a pejorative, to say nothing of being in some alternate universe of contextual reality to refer to me that way?

Oh well. I'll give your criticisms grave consideration. I'm not a complete fool, feel compelled to pay close attention to somebody who takes pride in going by the handle Nimrod, Nimrod.

Nimrod

Liberal? Me? And since when does somebody from California get to use the word liberal as a pejorative, to say nothing of being in some alternate universe of contextual reality to refer to me that way?

Oh well. I'll give your criticisms grave consideration. I'm not a complete fool, feel compelled to pay close attention to somebody who takes pride in going by the handle Nimrod, Nimrod.

So in your little head, everyone in California is liberal. Who is the fool?

Nimrod

I wouldn't try to over-think it, when it's just in your nature, Nimrod.

I bet you think you are good. So good, that you are excluded from the quote below.

Genesis 6:5 "The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."