Comey cleared Trump and implicated Clinton.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Mueller's lawyer build-up raises flags for Trump allies

Special counsel Robert Mueller is said to be building out his investigative team with some of the country’s best legal minds, in a development that speaks to the seriousness of the Russia probe but also is raising red flags on the pro-Trump side...

...recent hires show Mueller is building a formidable team, poised to either root out wrongdoing or prove the Trump team’s claims that there’s no ‘there there.’

Maybe that's why there was a report that Trump might shut Mueller down.

WizardofOz

Its just a matter of time before "The Donald" and his surrogates start trashing Mueller's character and reputation!

Well, Mueller is tainted, biased. He should recuse himself because of being good buddies with Crooked Comey
brace-yourselves-it-has-begun.jpg

WizardofOz

"That left wing liberal" spent years as a POW in the "Hanoi Hilton" while "The Donald" was preoccupied with his 5 deferments and making money!

Donald Trump’s Draft Deferments: Four for College, One for Bad Feet

he declared that John McCain, the Republican senator who had been a prisoner of war during Vietnam, was “not a war hero,” explaining, “I like people who weren’t captured.” Then a series of audio clips surfaced from the 1990s, including one in which Mr. Trump told Howard Stern, the radio show host, that avoiding sexually transmitted diseases while dating “is my personal Vietnam.”

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"That left wing liberal" spent years as a POW in the "Hanoi Hilton"

Where he willingly violated the code of conduct to save himself from beatings. Unlike many thousands before him and many others after.

And like all idiot liberals, he found it doesn't matter if you cooperate with violent people

WizardofOz

Sessions appears to have contradicted himself several times

1) Sessions said he trusted Comey to do his job well and that's why he didn't get involved when Comey expressed concern about the president interfering in the FBI investigation.

But: Sessions also said he thought Comey should be fired. And he advised the president as much, mainly for the way Comey handled the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

2) He said he felt okay leaving Comey alone with the president in the Oval Office.

But: When Comey brought it up the next day, Sessions said he agreed it wasn't a good idea to be alone with the president.

About the only thing Sessions can recall for sure is that he didn't do anything wrong

Sessions hedged almost all of his answers about whether/when he met with Russians, or why he was involved in firing Comey, or how he feels about the president's decisions, with: “I don't recall” or “I believe so” or “maybe.”

At one point, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) asked Sessions to give details about his September meeting with the Russian ambassador in his Senate office. Sessions couldn't.

But Sessions proved he is clearly capable of giving an answer in black and white. Several times, the mild-mannered Southerner came across as downright angry when emphasizing that he did not have conversations with Russian officials about meddling in the election:

"[T] he suggestion that I participated in any collusion — that I was aware of any collusion with the Russian government to hurt this country, which I have served with honor for 35 years, or to undermine the integrity of our democratic process, is an appalling and detestable lie,” he said.

glorydaz

Sessions appears to have contradicted himself several times

1) Sessions said he trusted Comey to do his job well and that's why he didn't get involved when Comey expressed concern about the president interfering in the FBI investigation.

But: Sessions also said he thought Comey should be fired. And he advised the president as much, mainly for the way Comey handled the Hillary Clinton email investigation.

2) He said he felt okay leaving Comey alone with the president in the Oval Office.

But: When Comey brought it up the next day, Sessions said he agreed it wasn't a good idea to be alone with the president.

About the only thing Sessions can recall for sure is that he didn't do anything wrong

Sessions hedged almost all of his answers about whether/when he met with Russians, or why he was involved in firing Comey, or how he feels about the president's decisions, with: “I don't recall” or “I believe so” or “maybe.”

At one point, Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) asked Sessions to give details about his September meeting with the Russian ambassador in his Senate office. Sessions couldn't.

But Sessions proved he is clearly capable of giving an answer in black and white. Several times, the mild-mannered Southerner came across as downright angry when emphasizing that he did not have conversations with Russian officials about meddling in the election:

"[T] he suggestion that I participated in any collusion — that I was aware of any collusion with the Russian government to hurt this country, which I have served with honor for 35 years, or to undermine the integrity of our democratic process, is an appalling and detestable lie,” he said.

The Washington Post? :rotfl:

He "appears to have contradicted himself" ignores the fact that it was Comey's own testimony saying he would have done the same thing over again regarding his playing the prosecutor in the Clinton case. Hearing that testimony is what caused Sessions to agree with the Deputy Director that Comey was a loose cannon justifying going outside his role as investigator.

That's merely an example of the Washington Post's ignorance in the article you posted. A half truth is a full lie.

glorydaz

Its just a matter of time before "The Donald" and his surrogates start trashing Mueller's character and reputation!

And, of course, we're supposed to ignore the "help" he's taking on, right? One represented the Clinton Foundation. And one represented the guy who smashed Hillary's laptop with a hammer.

Oh never mind.....nothing to see here. :chuckle:

WizardofOz

The Washington Post? :rotfl:

He "appears to have contradicted himself" ignores the fact that it was Comey's own testimony saying he would have done the same thing over again regarding his playing the prosecutor in the Clinton case. Hearing that testimony is what caused Sessions to agree with the Deputy Director that Comey was a loose cannon justifying going outside his role as investigator.

That's merely an example of the Washington Post's ignorance in the article you posted. A half truth is a full lie.
:doh:
The Clinton angle was only one part of the article. And, it isn't the WAPO so much as Sessions own words. I don't care if Fox News or Bozo the Clown is the 'source'. If we are reading direct quotes that are on record, then that is the only source that matters :duh:

I'm surprised you didn't say 'fake news' like all the other Trump fan boys and fan girls like yourself.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No they weren't (there was more than one report) ... I watched them. Are you saying that trump (in an interview) was lying when he stated he thought that firing Comey would make the Russian investigation go away?
That's only what Trump felt on that particular day, the real reason was Comey's botched job of letting Hitlery get away with felonies

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
False report kmonkey

No they weren't (there was more than one report) ... I watched them. Are you saying that trump (in an interview) was lying when he stated he thought that firing Comey would make the Russian investigation go away?

That's only what Trump felt on that particular day,

:plain: Oh. So he makes major decisions based on a flurry of day to day *feelings*. I know WHY he fired Comey ... as well as a good portion of the human population. Are you aware that he is NOW under investigation for obstruction of justice? Guess his brilliant plan to shutdown the investigation by firing Comey didn't quite work out the way he believed it would ... :chuckle: