Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Colorado Pastors Debate the Earth's Age

This is the show from December 13th, 2006.

SUMMARY:

* Pastor John Stocker: from Loveland's Resurrection Fellowship discusses the Age of the Earth with Pastor Bob Enyart of Denver Bible Church, referring to light years, and the King James Version's use of the word "replenish."

* Post Show Update: Sen. Tim Johnson's stroke could halt the scheduled Democratic takeover of the Senate, since the South Dakota's governor would likely appoint a Republican replacement. If Johnson's health deteriorates, insiders say democratic party leaders, regardless of family wishes, are ready to stick intravenous needles and feeding tubes into him, such that, they will make the battle to keep Terri Schiavo alive look like a softball game.

Today's Resources: Listen to our moderated Age of the Earth Debate between Bob Enyart and a high school science teacher, against a geophysicist and a university mathematician! You can listen to the debate, and by popping the CD into a PC, you can also view the spectacular science slides to help you understand the discussion!

GuySmiley

aharvey said:
And stayed tuned for tomorrow...

Colorado Paleontologists Debate Rom 9:19-22
:think: I'd listen to that. I thought of you during this show and figured it would drive you nuts. Did you listen to it?

aharvey

GuySmiley said:
:think: I'd listen to that. I thought of you during this show and figured it would drive you nuts. Did you listen to it?
Sorry, I don't have the time to listen to real-time transmissions. In addition, I'm much more a visual than audio learner. So it's transcripts or nothing for me!

Aethril

KJV "replenish", NKJV "fill"

KJV "replenish", NKJV "fill"

9 minutes into the debate Stocker said that the world "replenish" from Gen 1 could mean to "fill again" as in Gen 9. He also thinks this word refers to a pre-adamic race. Read this post from Turbo.

Jukia

If the definition of a debate is 2 guys talking about things they do not understand, and talking about technical/scientific issues when neither has much training in the particular technical/scientific areas, then I guess it was a debate. Otherwise, not really.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Excellent show (both parts 1 and 2).

I think pastor Stocker should at least acknowledge that the Big Bang and Old Earth theories are what gives hope to atheists. I am not sure why he wouldn't acknowledge that.

Still, he seems like a nice enough fella.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
aharvey said:
Sorry, I don't have the time to listen to real-time transmissions. In addition, I'm much more a visual than audio learner. So it's transcripts or nothing for me!
Yet you have time to post in this thread????

If you have nothing to add, please don't. Consider this a warning. :)

aharvey

Knight said:
Yet you have time to post in this thread????

If you have nothing to add, please don't. Consider this a warning. :)
Oddly enough, I can read far faster than anyone can talk, and I type quickly as well. So you are making apples and oranges comparisons here.

And I think I added just what I wanted to add: commentary suggesting that the views of two Colorado pastors on the age of the Earth should be taken about as definitively as the views of two Colorado paleontologists on Rom 9:19-22.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jukia said:
If the definition of a debate is 2 guys talking about things they do not understand, and talking about technical/scientific issues when neither has much training in the particular technical/scientific areas, then I guess it was a debate. Otherwise, not really.

You could always call in to makes things more interesting, but like you said before, you just won't.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Excellent show (both parts 1 and 2).

I think pastor Stocker should at least acknowledge that the Big Bang and Old Earth theories are what gives hope to atheists. I am not sure why he wouldn't acknowledge that.

Still, he seems like a nice enough fella.

Many atheists, especially in the field of quantum physics, are starting to reject the big bang theory outright.

Jukia

Granite said:
Many atheists, especially in the field of quantum physics, are starting to reject the big bang theory outright.
Really? What are they suggesting in its place?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jukia said:
Really? What are they suggesting in its place?

There are several alternatives--the one I'm researching now is multiverse theory. Dr. Michio Kaku's work is absolutely fascinating.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Granite said:
There are several alternatives--the one I'm researching now is multiverse theory. Dr. Michio Kaku's work is absolutely fascinating.
Ah yes! Just add universes and unsightly blemish's vanish! :crackup:

Aethril

Granite said:
Link doesn't work, Youtube's blocked here.
Oh... it's a guy talking about theories of multiverse, time travel, and worm holes.

And it's kinda funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.