Cindy McCain- John is Pro-Roe

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Graphite

Sense you can't read with any sort of discernment then I will answer your question directly. To me, the unborn are persons but being a person does not qualify anyone to the rights of citizenship. To enjoy those rights the person must be born or naturalized. A fact that you turn a blind eye to. I make no such mistake and insist that the life of the unborn "PERSON" have the same protections that we as born persons do. I am not willing to leave that life in the hands of the government whether state or federal. What the government giveth by legislative action the government can take away. I had much rather have the obligation of the government protected by constitutional amendment instead of leaving it to the whelm of statutory law that can be changed as easily as the wind blows.
Ahhhhh, now I understand. I apologize for not paying close enough attention.

So then, you simply disagree with and oppose the 14th Amendment to the Constitution? Since the 14th Amendment explicitly states the all persons have a right to life, and you don't believe they have a right to life, therefore you feel that amendment is wrong?

PS If you were my son I would wash you mouth out with soap.
Something minty, please... :eek:

The Graphite

So you just obey the laws that you agree with and not the rest.
No, we should obey laws no matter how evil they are.

The midwives in Egypt? Totally wrong; they should have killed those babes.

Rahab? A dirty traitor to her country.

Peter and James? Should have ceased to preach the name of Jesus Christ.

Or...

Whenever God's law and man's law disagree, we should obey God rather than men. Acts 5:29

elected4ever

No, we should obey laws no matter how evil they are.

The midwives in Egypt? Totally wrong; they should have killed those babes.

Rahab? A dirty traitor to her country.

Peter and James? Should have ceased to preach the name of Jesus Christ.

Or...

Whenever God's law and man's law disagree, we should obey God rather than men. Acts 5:29
There is no law devised by man that forces anyone to do evil. If man demans in law that you should do evil you do not have to do it but be prepared to pay the consequences.

elected4ever

Ahhhhh, now I understand. I apologize for not paying close enough attention.

So then, you simply disagree with and oppose the 14th Amendment to the Constitution? Since the 14th Amendment explicitly states the all persons have a right to life, and you don't believe they have a right to life, therefore you feel that amendment is wrong?

Something minty, please... :eek:
Wrong, I do not oppose the 14th amendment because it states that all persons have the right to life but explicitly because it does not.

Those who are not born have no right to life outside the decisions made by the mother who is born. That is the flaw in the 14th amendment. It sanctions murder by the born upon the unborn. That ought not to be so but it is.

The Graphite

There is no law devised by man that forces anyone to do evil. If man demans in law that you should do evil you do not have to do it but be prepared to pay the consequences.
We don't have to obey laws that order us to do evil?

Do you think it's okay to do so? Or do we have a moral imperitive to disobey such laws?

If the law says you must take the life of a man you believe to be innocent, is it okay for you do as Justice Antonin Scalia would and kill him anyway? (After all, he told a Christian college that if he'd been a judge in 1940s Germany, he would have been convicted at Nuremberg...)

Or do you have a moral imperitive to refuse to kill an innocent person?

drbrumley

Do you think it's okay to do so? Or do we have a moral imperitive to disobey such laws?

If the law says you must take the life of a man you believe to be innocent, is it okay for you do as Justice Antonin Scalia would and kill him anyway? (After all, he told a Christian college that if he'd been a judge in 1940s Germany, he would have been convicted at Nuremberg...)

I understand what your saying here,but since abortion is legal, do you HAVE to force your better half to have an abortion? I don't think so.

drbrumley

And Scalias comments show how liberal he really is. Roe doesn't force anyone to have an abortion, unlike Germans rush to CONVICT Jews based on religious beliefs.

The Graphite

I understand what your saying here,but since abortion is legal, do you HAVE to force your better half to have an abortion? I don't think so.
My question had to do with a personal belief, not a practical application. Elected4ever said that we don't "have to" follow a law that requires us to do evil. I'm just trying to clarify whether he thinks we have the option, or whether we have a moral imperitive to refuse to obey such a law. I need to know where someone stands if I'm going to have a meaningful give-and-take with them.

elected4ever

Or do you have a moral imperative to refuse to kill an innocent person?
If a person is tried and found guilty, sentenced to death it is no longer your opinion that counts. That is not your or my decision to make. Killing someone and murdering someone are different. Otherwise, wars could not be fought. The justification for the killing is not the opinion of the individual but the opinion of a higher authority. Even Jesus agreed with that fact.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And Scalias comments show how liberal he really is. Roe doesn't force anyone to have an abortion, unlike Germans rush to CONVICT Jews based on religious beliefs.
No baby chooses to be aborted. Abortions are forced upon them.

Are you comparing the Jews who were slaughtered to the aborted babies' mothers? You should be comparing them to the babies being slaughtered.

Status
Not open for further replies.