chrysostom

theophilus

Insofar as my own experience during debate, it's not women whose *debate* style includes "burn in hell, Rusha", unseemly names and unwarranted accusations.

And that isn't the way women "argue."

When I was 6 years old my mother married a man with ten kids. 6 were older step-brothers. My mom and my step-father were hotel auditors so they were gone all night every night.

It was gruesome. Live and let die at my house. Every night was a fight, damn near to the death.

I was 51 years old before I learned to let the names and accusations roll off. I was 51 years old when I learned who to and who not to take seriously, especially on internet forums.

And sometimes people JUST DON'T LISTEN. Gotta learn to stay away from those kind of people.

Godly men and women don't tell anyone to "burn in Hell," ever, no matter what.

Ever.

And that isn't "debate." That's more like "I'm an idiot and can't address your point in a logical, coherent manner so I am going to say something stupid and awful just to gore your ox.

It only works when you let it.

Forgive and move on.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was 51 years old before I learned to let the names and accusations roll off.

Oh they do *roll off* insomuch that I disregard anything they have to say. As far as forgiveness ... I only forgive those who are truly regretful for their actions, but to each their own.

theophilus

Oh they do *roll off* insomuch that I disregard anything they have to say. As far as forgiveness ... I only forgive those who are truly regretful for their actions, but to each their own.

I don't have the option of selective forgiveness.

Eph. 4:32 And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

Col. 3:12 So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14 Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. 15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Matt. 18:21 Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus *said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.

On forgiveness: https://www.gty.org/blog/B160429/forgiving-one-another

I pray this for all of us.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it is almost noon on the right coast -

so what is for lunch? -

starkist selects solid white tuna with white onions, green olives and miracle whip on a bed of iceberg lettuce -

is it as good as it sounds? -

I will let you know -

so be careful -

it's the new me -

have you really changed? -

I am a product of my environment -

so you have nothing to do with it? -

I have to believe that I do -

why? -

because it makes sense -

hmmm

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so what award were you going to get? -

whiner of the year -

many would agree with that -

who has more to whine about? -

what do you have to whine about? -

I lost my party, don't have anyone to vote for -

you have the other republicans on the ballot -

I lost scalia, the supreme court, the senate, and any hope of getting the white house back

and now you have lost your thread -

that was just one of them -

what will you do? -

keep shouting -

is it all over but the shouting?

theophilus

... to intentionally damage and hurt others is not an accident but rather a habit.

God calls it Sin.

The bible says all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory and standard (holiness). Rom. 3:23

It also says the wages of sin is death. Rom. 6:23

Wages are what we get for what we have done. All sin. All die.

What we have done (all of us) is disobey God and alienate ourselves from Him. Rom. 3:10

But even though we have turned from Him He still loves us and has made a way for us to be holy and reconciled to Him. Rom. 5:8

The way for us to be reconciled to our Creator is His greatest work. John 6:29

If we will believe we will be saved. Rom. 10:9-10, cf Rom. 10:13

Saved, we have peace with God. Rom. 5:1

When we have this peace with God we are no longer condemned. Rom.8:1

When we are no longer condemned, nothing can separate us from God. Not even death. Rom. 8:38-39.

We are blessed. Rom. 4:7-8

You can do this! 2 Cor. 6:2 and find forgiveness for others and for yourself.

I love you Rusha.

I am praying for you.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
it is almost noon on the right coast -

so what is for lunch? -

starkist selects solid white tuna with white onions, green olives and miracle whip on a bed of iceberg lettuce -

is it as good as it sounds? -

I will let you know -

so be careful -

it's the new me -

have you really changed? -

I am a product of my environment -

so you have nothing to do with it? -

I have to believe that I do -

why? -

because it makes sense -

hmmm

To really experience being a new you, you'd have to use mayo instead of Miracle Whip. :)

You're a product of both genetics and environment, there's no escaping that.

Even what you do with that is still driven by a combination of genetics and environment. There's no escape.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
To really experience being a new you, you'd have to use mayo instead of Miracle Whip. :)
Miracle Whip...sounds like the enforcer in a Pentecostal conference.

You're a product of both genetics and environment, there's no escaping that.

Even what you do with that is still driven by a combination of genetics and environment. There's no escape.
She makes a hard argument. Even if you say as a creature of reason you're free to reject both, she could counter your inclination is also a product of fashioning. :think:

For the record, I disagree. I think one real miracle in being human is that ability to transcend our own explicable natures and make another choice. But it's a darn hard argument to get around. :)