chrysostom

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
money money money
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. Follow the money. Your money. It is the only leverage you got. You know they are not going to listen to you. Really, who are you? The bishops are using your money. If you don't like what they are doing with it, stop giving it to the church you are going to but don't stop going to church. Use the Church but don't let Her use you if you think She is being corrupted. Pay attention. You will know when you need to give and who to give to.
You can't trust most of our bishops.
Home

pay attention
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. Don't pay the bishops. There is a war going on inside the Church. Silence is complicity. Don't be part of the problem. The Church can't save you but you can save yourself by trying to save the Church. It is really simple. Does your bishop support the CCHD? Only ten don't. All the rest do and can't be trusted. Time to do something about it.
You can't trust most of our bishops.
Home

Arthur Brain

Yes, correct. Having government involved should ensure an unbiased support (doesn't, but should). While the problem of government is overspending and bigger/larger oversight, thus outrageous spending, it should be balanced, and replaced at times. In the U.S. Welfare is partially being replaced by foodbanks (often in/from churches). Because these churches can do this much more cheaply, it relieves some of the tax burden. I'm in one of the highest taxed states in the union next to California and a few others like it. Any tax relief is good, but our state government isn't doing that any time soon. Our schools here are yet underfunded, according to budget, so we've been fined by the federal a lot of money each day for not meeting our academic budget. It means, no matter what, higher taxes so its a catch 22 at the moment. There is a desire to meet those needs, we are already incredibly over-taxed as a state AND we are footing the state government's bill debt to the Federal. And with that, I'll slowly sink or swim (if I'm strong enough) under the present tax system. Bleeding heart liberal? Shoot, give me a couple of kids! I'll help! We voted to install a railway system so people in my town could travel to watch sports in the other town (Seattle)! Ouch! Priorities, priorities, priorities. While I can talk about it here, and what I wish, it's a miracle I can help at all and so I think (at least for me) most of this is academic because I cannot do much about any of this. My state is liberal. VERY liberal. It has some good and some bad with it. Taxes, thus money where "I'd" like it to go, are different programs. My taxes will go where the majority decides and little fanfare or ability on my part, still I vote and scrape dollars to do good wherever I can. You don't have this kind of difference between provinces I'd imagine not...?

Hi Lon, I'll try and break this down a bit as I think we agree on some things and not so much on others perhaps. I'll make no bones about it, I'm cynical all ends up where it comes to politics as no party, either here in the UK or over the pond have anything like the welfare or wellbeing of its citizens as anything like a prime concern. Politics and big business/banking run hand in hand and the last financial recession in the UK (2008) was due to banks needing bailed with a £500 billion package from the government at great cost to the taxpayer. It also led to many businesses suffering as a result and the loss of many jobs. I worked for Capital One bank at the time and half of the workforce was laid off within two to six months. Unfortunately none of us really have a say in what tax money actually goes on as the machine just rumbles on regardless. I'd sooner see investment into local services and over the last few years I've seen more cutbacks than anything else to the point that outreach centres for those who need help have been closed and even local libraries etc.

Welfare or benefits over here isn't being replaced by foodbanks as they're already there in conjunction for those in receipt of such. There's a church at the end of my street that runs one twice a week but if benefits were removed they'd be inundated and overrun. A lot of people who are on disability benefit or unfit to work are caught in a nasty trap if they're declared fit to work by a faceless "health care professional" even if their own doctor prescribes them as too ill for employment. People have been forced to undergo forced assessments and the system has rightly come in for a lot of criticism as it targets many people who have no recourse to fight back. This lauded film encapsulates the plight of many to a tee:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5168192/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Unless we want to return to the days where workhouses should be the norm and pre child labour laws etc then society needs to make provision for the poor and that includes governmental aid.

Lon

Hi Lon, I'll try and break this down a bit as I think we agree on some things and not so much on others perhaps. I'll make no bones about it, I'm cynical all ends up where it comes to politics as no party, either here in the UK or over the pond have anything like the welfare or wellbeing of its citizens as anything like a prime concern. Politics and big business/banking run hand in hand and the last financial recession in the UK (2008) was due to banks needing bailed with a £500 billion package from the government at great cost to the taxpayer. It also led to many businesses suffering as a result and the loss of many jobs. I worked for Capital One bank at the time and half of the workforce was laid off within two to six months. Unfortunately none of us really have a say in what tax money actually goes on as the machine just rumbles on regardless. I'd sooner see investment into local services and over the last few years I've seen more cutbacks than anything else to the point that outreach centres for those who need help have been closed and even local libraries etc.
Yowch! Ours have grown. We are hurting for funds, but the way stores stepped up and started donating to foodbanks was phenomenal. We do have a few homeless, but the Salvation Army stepped up too (there is an apartment complex for single mothers).

Welfare or benefits over here isn't being replaced by foodbanks as they're already there in conjunction for those in receipt of such. There's a church at the end of my street that runs one twice a week but if benefits were removed they'd be inundated and overrun. A lot of people who are on disability benefit or unfit to work are caught in a nasty trap if they're declared fit to work by a faceless "health care professional" even if their own doctor prescribes them as too ill for employment. People have been forced to undergo forced assessments and the system has rightly come in for a lot of criticism as it targets many people who have no recourse to fight back. This lauded film encapsulates the plight of many to a tee:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5168192/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Unless we want to return to the days where workhouses should be the norm and pre child labour laws etc then society needs to make provision for the poor and that includes governmental aid.
Some similarities, but the differences are meaningful, and thank you. Thank you for this video as well. -Lon

Arthur Brain

Yowch! Ours have grown. We are hurting for funds, but the way stores stepped up and started donating to foodbanks was phenomenal. We do have a few homeless, but the Salvation Army stepped up too (there is an apartment complex for single mothers).

Just to clarify, it's not so much the food banks that I was referring to but more outlets such as counselling services that are funded by local councils that are suffering from cutbacks etc. Most food banks rely on voluntary donations or community drives where supermarkets get involved, similar to what you've described in America with stores. The point is that even with these safety nets in place and food banks on hand there's still people who fall through the gaps. There was a documentary in the UK recently about the amount of army veterans that have been let down by government who suffer from PTSD as a result of their experiences and subsequently have become homeless due to lack of proper help. In the meantime local and national government spending is being thrown into who knows what...

The Salvation army does a lot over here as well although again, they're reliant on charitable donations. Even with the benefits system in place there's no way charity could eradicate poverty/homelessness and they would balk at any suggestion that anybody out of work should be given no governmental aid whatsoever.

Some similarities, but the differences are meaningful, and thank you. Thank you for this video as well. -Lon

I think there's more similarities than differences overall and you're welcome.

:e4e:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
where to start
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. CatholicCulture.org is a good place to start. This is the best site for analysis on what is going on with the Church. It includes the latest news. It is fair and reasonable. It is your duty to find out what is going on.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Jordan B. Peterson
A Rising Star
who talks about responsibility, gratitude, suffering, and meaning. He is the hottest thing on YouTube. His book, "12 Rules For Life" is an international best seller. He has made many enemies but so far they have not been able to destroy him. Why does he do it? He knows he is helping people. It is also possible that he is having a good time. There is something to see here.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
he survived
A Call For Termination
of a thought provoking professor. A hit piece by the New York Times Magazine. Jordan B. Peterson is on a roll. Liberals can't allow this kind of free speech. It is too dangerous. It makes sense. Hard to fight that.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
moral and financial corruption
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. They kind of go together. One leads to the other. Most would rather talk about money problems than the sexual ones. It all started with Dearden, Bernardin, and Mccarrick according to Michael Voris and they can be further connected to Cardinal Cupich who is now the leader. He blames it all on clericalism and Francis bought it.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Saul Alinsky an atheist
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. Just connect the dots. Joseph Bernardin, who started the CCHD that funds the Industrial Areas Foundation started by Saul Alinsky, was mentioned by community developer come president Obama while being honored at Notre Dame where John Joseph Egan, who served on the board at the Industrial Areas Foundation, spent many years and started the Catholic Committee on Urban Ministry. McCarrick is also well connected to Bernardin and Hesburgh. Birds of a feather.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
more dots connected
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. Your Catholic money supporting abortion.
Obama, ACORN and CCHD
Catholic Campaign for Human Development funded Obama-headed group in 1980s
Catholic bishops helped to fund Alinsky training for Barack Obama, according to documents
The CCHD, Wendy Davis, and the Obama connection
Something to see here.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
more dots connected
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. Your Catholic money supporting abortion.
Obama, ACORN and CCHD
Catholic Campaign for Human Development funded Obama-headed group in 1980s
Catholic bishops helped to fund Alinsky training for Barack Obama, according to documents
The CCHD, Wendy Davis, and the Obama connection
Something to see here.
Home

find the same people
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. Investigate homosexuality or financial corruption and you will end up at the same place. Chicago. Bernardin and McCarrick. Cupich who blames it all on clericalism is now in charge of the cover up. Can he protect Bernardin, who started the CCHD, from being connected to McCarrick? Bernardin's "Seamless Garment" conflated abortion, supported by the Democratic Party, with all the other issues supported by the Democratic Party. Remember "abortion is not the only issue". Did Hesburgh say that? The CCHD, started by Bernardin, supports all the political action groups that have no place to go but to the Democratic Party which supports abortion. Your Catholic money supporting abortion.
Home

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
You can find out here
Not really, but I did search out and find at the USCCB website where they publish, "no group that acts in conflict with Catholic social and moral teaching can receive CCHD funds." So you're saying that's a lie?

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
This appears to have been written in 2011:

. . . CCHD and CCHD grantees have at times been subject to organized, exploitative attacks. Although sometimes these attacks originate in a misperception of the mission of CCHD to empower communities in their work to overcome injustice and economic marginalization, at times they derive from opposition to the Church’s teaching and work in the field of charity and justice. These attacks are sometimes given an added mouthpiece through repetition in Internet media echo chambers, furnishing them with a false patina of importance and credibility.

http://www.usccb.org/about/catholic-campaign-for-human-development/Who-We-Are/truth-about-cchd.cfm

Is this what you're doing?