chrysostom’s 2014 annual awards

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Happily.

And while I don't really pay attention to it, I'd bet (given the composition of the joint) that the majority of my friends here are to the right of me by varying degrees.

how do you tell?
there are so many here that claim to be conservative
but
I don't see it in their posts

sort of like believing
but
not doing the work

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I withdraw my participation in a thread that considers anna an apt candidate for the sophist label.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I mostly don't try. I went over my friends list, stopping on the ones I hear from actively or run into a bit still around here. I have it about 40-14 right lean from that group. Many I knew from declarations and arguments, like bybee.

I figure most people know their own inclinations and are pretty up front about it. If I think someone leans outside of the declaration I tend to suspect my own litmus in play. I've found that people who declare more/than tend to move about more issue by issue than people who declare Right or Left with the add ons.

Or it could just be you trying to act as arbiter of what's to the right and if you're at X then you're bias will tend to see that as the starting point where the guy to the left or right of you might mark it on their X and see you as either a little to their right or suspiciously liberal. :eek:

okay
so what would you think of a conservative who constantly criticizes the republican party
but
never really goes after the democratic party?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I withdraw my participation in a thread that considers anna an apt candidate for the sophist label.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
A few possibilities come to mind. Either he isn't as conservative as he thinks he is, is trying to mislead people (who knows why) or he's actually conservative and mostly concerned with getting his party/house in order.

which makes more sense?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
still open for nominations

Nominate me!! Nominate me!!!

I love Catholics, but I've been shut out(in a scandal, that goes all the way to the TOL top, perhaps even as far as Knight)so far, but this looks like a "Hail Mary," that might work out for me.

Name a Catholic on TOL. I'll throw out all kinds of names at him/her-I might even tell him/her that they are going to h----.

Last edited:

bybee

Nominate me!! Nominate me!!!

I love Catholics, but I've been shout out(in a scandal, that goes all the way to the TOL top, perhaps even as far as Knight)so far, but this looks like a "Hail Mary," that might work out for me.

Name a Catholic on TOL. I'll throw out all kinds of names at him/her-I might even tell him/her that they are going to h----.

You can't know unless you follow them....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'd go with mistake or concentration over deception, because there's no real win with the last one. You're not going to move or embarrass someone to the hard right, they'll just dismiss you as a RINO and move on. That's almost as common around here as someone declaring another out of the Body by virtue of their own internal litmus.

I'm not saying it's beyond the realm of possibility that someone would take a part to taint the opposing party, or a faith, to broaden, only that it would seem questionable and exceptional and if I were inclined to think it I'd go over my own bias first with a fine toothed comb.

thanks for clearing that up

john w

Hall of Fame
He hates them so much he can't stand to follow them...or even post the sort of hateful ramblings you'd expect. Because the very thought of doing that causes him intense pain and cramping. Posting in this thread alone may hospitalize him.

I nominate john w.

Now about that five dollars...

Since you did me this favor, I won't forget it,TH. Ask your friends in the TOL neighborhood about me. They'll tell you I know how to return a favor.

Don Juan/John W