Calvinism: You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved?

God's Truth

If you are confused what the discussion is about, try reading all the posts.

Robert Pate said that he was like Paul and that is that they are both the worst of sinners, and he said they both continued to be the worst of sinners after they were saved.

However, Paul calls himself the worst of sinners because he tried to destroy the church.

Since Robert insists that he is a sinners like Paul, then that means he tries to destroy the church like Paul did.

I think it is true that Robert does try to destroy the church because he tells people they do not have to stop sinning and that they cannot stop sinning.

Robert Pate

Banned
If you are confused what the discussion is about, try reading all the posts.

Robert Pate said that he was like Paul and that is that they are both the worst of sinners, and he said they both continued to be the worst of sinners after they were saved.

However, Paul calls himself the worst of sinners because he tried to destroy the church.

Since Robert insists that he is a sinners like Paul, then that means he tries to destroy the church like Paul did.

I think it is true that Robert does try to destroy the church because he tells people they do not have to stop sinning and that they cannot stop sinning.

As long as you are on this earth in you sinful Adamic body you will sin.

This is why Paul said that before you can enter heaven you must be changed.

"For this corruptible (you) must put on incorruption and this mortal (you) must put on immortality" 1 Corinthians 15:53.

Paul is telling you that you are corrupt. If you had the Holy Spirit, you would know this.

God's Truth

As long as you are on this earth in you sinful Adamic body you will sin.

This is why Paul said that before you can enter heaven you must be changed.

"For this corruptible (you) must put on incorruption and this mortal (you) must put on immortality" 1 Corinthians 15:53.

Paul is telling you that you are corrupt. If you had the Holy Spirit, you would know this.

After we have our bodies that no longer decay---WE WILL NOT BE GOING TO HEAVEN, we will be living on the new earth.

6days

Robert Pate said:
The reason that Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" is because he understood the righteousness of God and saw what it demanded of him.

Yes... Everyone agrees with that Robert.*

But..... Did the Holy Spirit reveal that to Him ?*When he come to Christ...how did it happen, that he suddenly could "see"?*

Or, did Paul just come to that realization without revelation? Or...is there some middle ground there?

Although it interesting to discuss the how and why and if, *of the process of salvation; we should always rejoyce when others claim Jesus as their Lord and Savior.*

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes... Everyone agrees with that Robert.*

But..... Did the Holy Spirit reveal that to Him ?*When he come to Christ...how did it happen, that he suddenly could "see"?*

Or, did Paul just come to that realization without revelation? Or...is there some middle ground there?

Although it interesting to discuss the how and why and if, *of the process of salvation; we should always rejoyce when others claim Jesus as their Lord and Savior.*

Paul's conversion to Christ was not the norm because he was an apostle.

Paul received the Gospel directly from Jesus, Galatians 1:11-12, as well as many other things. I think that it was by both.

6days

Paul's conversion to Christ was not the norm because he was an apostle.

Paul received the Gospel directly from Jesus, Galatians 1:11-12, as well as many other things. I think that it was by both.
Your answer may be as close as we will get to full agreement..."it may be both".
Yes...we do get some form of revelation (not like Paul)....and, then we see.

God's Truth

If faith alone/faith only saved---tell me why Paul was STILL BLIND on the way to Damascus and while IN DAMASCUS. Tell us why Paul was still BLIND AFTER he finally believed in Jesus on that road to Damascus, and still blind IN Damascus at the house of Judas on Straight Street.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your answer may be as close as we will get to full agreement..."it may be both".
Yes...we do get some form of revelation (not like Paul)....and, then we see.

Only those who are truth seekers will be enlightened. It is the work of the Holy Spirit.

God's Truth

Only those who are truth seekers will be enlightened. It is the work of the Holy Spirit.

God gives wisdom to those who obey.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

John 8:30 While he was saying these things, many people believed in him. 31Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

beloved57

God gives wisdom to those who obey.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

Psalm 119:100 I have more understanding than the elders, for I obey your precepts.

Proverbs 3:32 For the LORD detests the perverse but takes the upright into his confidence.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

See Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

John 8:30 While he was saying these things, many people believed in him. 31Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples

2 Timothy 2:25 correcting opponents with gentleness. Perhaps God will grant them repentance and then knowledge of the truth.

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Christ obeyed and many were made righteous because of it Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

God has made Christ wisdom unto them 1 Cor 1:30

0 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Robert Pate

Banned
Christ obeyed and many were made righteous because of it Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

God has made Christ wisdom unto them 1 Cor 1:30

0 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

I can hear you now,

But Lord, Lord, wasn't I a Calvinist" You know the rest.

God's Truth

I can hear you now,

But Lord, Lord, wasn't I a Calvinist" You know the rest.

HAAAAAAAA!

What will you say that is not as false?

You will say, "Lord, I had great faith and that is all."

Jesus will say away from me you evil doer, I never knew you.

You see, Pate, we have to obey and repent of our sins for Jesus to live in us and know us.

We have to believe and obey to get saved, and to stay saved.

You keep saying you do not obey and that you cannot obey.

You keep going against those who preach obedience.

Robert Pate

Banned
HAAAAAAAA!

What will you say that is not as false?

You will say, "Lord, I had great faith and that is all."

Jesus will say away from me you evil doer, I never knew you.

You see, Pate, we have to obey and repent of our sins for Jesus to live in us and know us.

We have to believe and obey to get saved, and to stay saved.

You keep saying you do not obey and that you cannot obey.

You keep going against those who preach obedience.

You are trusting in your obedience to save you and not in the finished work of Christ.

Your righteousness stinks like filthy rags.

God's Truth

You are trusting in your obedience to save you and not in the finished work of Christ.

Your righteousness stinks like filthy rags.

Don't you get what 'word' means?

Jesus is the Word of God.

That means Jesus speaks what God says.

How do you ever get doing what the words say is filthy?