Calvinism and the word "WORLD"

God's Truth

The scripture says... "God so loved the world" John 3:16, Meaning all, everyone, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

God so loved the world is about God loving His creation, it is about 'us' in GENERAL.

God does NOT even know you personally if you do not obey Him.

Those who call on the name of the Lord do so AFTER REPENTING OF THEIR SINS.

People who were water baptized and REPENTED of their sins, they came up out of the water and called on Jesus to help them.

You really need to stop being a teacher, shudder.

God's Truth

John 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Is this the same word described in John 3:16?

You are not considering the truth that when Jesus had his earthly ministry, it was ONLY FOR THE JEWS, not even for Gentiles, and Samaritans, etc. JUST FOR THE LOST SHEEP of Israel. Those are the Jews who already belonged to God by faith.

The old covenant was NOT based on faith. It was based on works of the law, these:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

A person could do THOSE WORKS OF THE LAW and make themselves clean.

God was going to make a NEW COVENANT where it was based on faith and no longer on THOSE works.

So when Jesus started his earthly ministry, God CUT OFF the JEWS who did NOT ALREADY have faith, and He bound those Jews over to the place of the disobedient Gentiles.

When Jesus was crucified, then ALL COULD come to him to be saved.

God's Truth

How can a dead man (Ephesians 2:1) receive or reject anything?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

That scripture is about the GENTILES who were DEAD in their sins because they did not atone for their sins by obeying God and doing the ceremonial works.

Jesus saved the Gentiles even though they were DEAD IN THEIR SINS/uncircumcised...he saved them even though they did NOT do what the Jews did for over 1, 600 years. Jesus saved the Gentiles and didn't first have them get circumcised.

God's Truth

As a believer, I know righteousness. While true that I have freedom to choose between sin and righteousness, an unregenerate man only knows sin. Therefore, in order for faith to be a prerequisite for salvation, a man has to somehow figure out a way to overcome this dead state described in Ephesians 2:1.

Give up Calvinism and get Jesus' teachings in the Bible and do what he says. He says he will reveal himself, the truth, to those who get his teachings and obey them.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As a believer, I know righteousness.
You knew right from wrong before you were a believer.

While true that I have freedom to choose between sin and righteousness,
Always did.

an unregenerate man only knows sin.
Not true at all.

Therefore, in order for faith to be a prerequisite for salvation, a man has to somehow figure out a way to overcome this dead state described in Ephesians 2:1.
People have figured it out for centuries.

Epoisses

Still, you are playing a role in your own salvation when Ephesians 2:8-9 shows that your concept is false.

Faith is the opposite of works if you read the verse. Your gospel is so skewed and twisted that you try to make faith into a work of man. Faith is implanted in human beings by God and it either grows and becomes fruitful or withers and dies. If our faith grows and becomes fruitful God gets the glory. If it withers and dies we get the blame.

God's Truth

Not exactly. God loves the world, but the world does not love God.

God ONLY SAVES those who love Him by OBEYING HIM.

Not true at all.

I will show you the scriptures.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

1 Corinthians 8:3 But whoever loves God is known by God

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me,

John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them.

1 Samuel 2:30 "Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Proverbs 1:23Repent at my rebuke!
Then I will pour out my thoughts to you,
I will make known to you my teachings.

Robert Pate

Banned

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

1 John 5:3 For this is what love for God is: to keep His commands. Now His commands are not a burden,

1 Samuel 2:30 "Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

We are only righteous in Christ. Christ is our righteousness.

The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect and complete "In Christ".

This is why Paul wrote, "And be found in him, not having my own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

What you have is the righteousness of the law. You do not have the righteousness of Christ.

beloved57

We are only righteous in Christ. Christ is our righteousness.

The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect and complete "In Christ".

This is why Paul wrote, "And be found in him, not having my own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

What you have is the righteousness of the law. You do not have the righteousness of Christ.

Both of you deny the Saving Death of Christ, and teach that sinners Christ died for wind up lost !

beloved57

Those Christ obeyed for are made Righteous, by His Obedience alone Rom 5:19 !

Potter's Clay

Faith is the opposite of works if you read the verse. Your gospel is so skewed and twisted that you try to make faith into a work of man. Faith is implanted in human beings by God and it either grows and becomes fruitful or withers and dies. If our faith grows and becomes fruitful God gets the glory. If it withers and dies we get the blame.

I'm simply speaking an undeniable truth. Faith is the result of God's work by regenerating us. As a result, we believe in Him.

Potter's Clay

You knew right from wrong before you were a believer.

No where in the Bible will you find this mindset to be true.

Always did.

Not true at all.

People have figured it out for centuries.
Not true at all - an unregenerate man does not know righteousness. Romans 3:10

Robert Pate

Banned
Both of you deny the Saving Death of Christ, and teach that sinners Christ died for wind up lost !

I have never denied the saving death of Christ. Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. so that those who do nothing more than call on the name of the Lord can be saved, Romans 10:13.

Potter's Clay

That scripture is about the GENTILES who were DEAD in their sins because they did not atone for their sins by obeying God and doing the ceremonial works.

Jesus saved the Gentiles even though they were DEAD IN THEIR SINS/uncircumcised...he saved them even though they did NOT do what the Jews did for over 1, 600 years. Jesus saved the Gentiles and didn't first have them get circumcised.

This illustrates the condition of every unconditional man.