BRXII Battle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimiel

Don't forget the ones who will be slain by The Word of God, when He once again sets foot on this planet. Is He evil, too?

Balder

When balder gives his accounting to God and be found wanting without the Righteousness of Christ, I doubt he will thank you.
If things turn out as you expect, and I end up face to face with God giving an account of myself, I will not expect him either to find me faultless or perfectly righteous. And if he picks me up like a piece of trash and tosses me into a fire, assigning me to eternal torment, I will not blame Dave for wanting to believe God is more loving, merciful, and just than that.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
If things turn out as you expect, and I end up face to face with God giving an account of myself, I will not expect him either to find me faultless or perfectly righteous. And if he picks me up like a piece of trash and tosses me into a fire, assigning me to eternal torment, I will not blame Dave for wanting to believe God is more loving, merciful, and just than that.

Well good. Because dave isn't going to be there as your mediator. Christ can be, if you ask.

Aimiel

Neither of you will have anything to say to The Judge of The Universe, if you're found guilty, because you'll know that He knows everything about you both, and how you've rejected Him, every day.

Balder

Neither of you will have anything to say to The Judge of The Universe, if you're found guilty, because you'll know that He knows everything about you both, and how you've rejected Him, every day.

Oh, Aimiel, my friend. Who knows what will be found on that "day"? Perhaps some will find that He was onto the ways they used Him to inflate themselves up and feel important; or hid in Him to defend against deep, unprocessed resentment; or used Him to deflect the fear of their own finitude and mortality, clinging to images of future preservation so they wouldn't have to let go of themselves; or wrapped themselves in new words and images which they deemed "invulnerable," calling that ruse "dying to self"; or how some drew comfort from the fact that they had escaped His wrath, but looked with smugness or hardness of heart at those who, for them, represented the "old selves" they fled (and still feared).

And perhaps He will have compassion for them all.

Redfin

Oh, Aimiel, my friend. Who knows what will be found on that "day"? Perhaps some will find that He was onto the ways they used Him to inflate themselves up and feel important; or hid in Him to defend against deep, unprocessed resentment; or used Him to deflect the fear of their own finitude and mortality, clinging to images of future preservation so they wouldn't have to let go of themselves; or wrapped themselves in new words and images which they deemed "invulnerable," calling that ruse "dying to self"; or how some drew comfort from the fact that they had escaped His wrath, but looked with smugness or hardness of heart at those who, for them, represented the "old selves" they fled (and still feared).

Amen ("may it be so").

Aimiel

Balder said, "And perhaps He will have compassion for them all."

To which Redfin replied: "Amen ("may it be so")."

If that were the case, He would not have told us otherwise.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
... Who knows what will be found on that "day"? Perhaps some will find that He was onto the ways they used Him to inflate themselves up and feel important; or hid in Him to defend against deep, unprocessed resentment; or used Him to deflect the fear of their own finitude and mortality, clinging to images of future preservation so they wouldn't have to let go of themselves; or wrapped themselves in new words and images which they deemed "invulnerable," calling that ruse "dying to self"; or how some drew comfort from the fact that they had escaped His wrath, but looked with smugness or hardness of heart at those who, for them, represented the "old selves" they fled (and still feared).

Or perhaps you will be judged by the Law according to your own righteousness.

God has already spoken. All the CINOs and pagans in the world can not change the Law.

Repent.

Aimiel

Get over yourself! I've seen your "prophets." They strut around on stage shouting and pretending to be God, issuing cryptic statements and calling for the beheadings of people.
They're not 'my' prophets. I've often seen more peacock in some people on TV than Holy Spirit, in those who claim to be filled with His Spirit. Not everyone who says they're Christian are, many are hucksters: merely snake-oil salesmen with a large and ignorant audience who've deceived themselves. :vomit:

Ecumenicist

Well good. Because dave isn't going to be there as your mediator. Christ can be, if you ask.

If God (and Balder) allows, I would not stand between Balder and God as mediator, but by
Balder's side as a friend.

On your behalf, however, I continue and pray that one day you might recognize God's Grace
in its unlimited fullness and wonder and joy.

Ecumenicist

They're not 'my' prophets. I've often seen more peacock in some people on TV than Holy Spirit, in those who claim to be filled with His Spirit. Not everyone who says they're Christian are, many are hucksters: merely snake-oil salesmen with a large and ignorant audience who've deceived themselves. :vomit:

I'm guessing your prophets don't appear on TV, but rather in a mirror.

What of humility, Aimiel?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Hebrews shows why Universalism is a false doctrine.

Hebrews shows why Universalism is a false doctrine.

Hebrews 10:26-29 (New International Version)
26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified him, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace?

no sacrifice for sins is left - Jesus paid the full price for sin under the law of Moses. If there is no sacrifice left there is no penance left so...

only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire -
The words were chosen carfully so that people would no that the fire is not the refiners fire, it is a raging fire. But why?

How much more severely do you think a man deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God under foot - And this is why Universalism is false. It allows people to spend there lives trampling Jesus underfoot, treating His spilled blood as an unholy thing, and still allows them into Heaven. God says no to this.

Aimiel

Without understanding what your post has said, acknowledging the truth of it or offering alternate explanation for the revelation given; I suggest all you'll receive is 'proof-texts' which support universalism.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Without understanding what your post has said, acknowledging the truth of it or offering alternate explanation for the revelation given; I suggest all you'll receive is 'proof-texts' which support universalism.
You're right. But look closely at the proof texts they will offer. Go back to you Bible and look them up and you will find that they have been taken out of context.

I thought this passage stands pretty solidly against universalist teachings. It will be interesting to see how they deal with it. My bet is that they will not address this passage directly and wil instead post other proof texts that "nulify" or "modify" this text.

Aimiel

Get over yourself!
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

God reveals what He wishes to, to whom He wishes. Never having any revelation from Him merely makes one jealous of those who have such. To fill in that 'gap' many turn to false gods or foolish heresies, and all simply because they didn't have the courage of their convictions enough to seek The One True and Living God with all of their heart. Sad. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.